Is social network has long been considered one of the best entertainment and information platforms, and is that this social network allows you keep in touch with other members of the community in a very simple way. In addition, it is used by a large number of Public figures, companies and important brands worldwide.
All this has made Twitter become one of the favorite sites for most of the people. Luckily, this platform can be operated either from the browser on your computer or from your mobile device, so you can access it at all times.
However, it is possible that have no ideas how you can log out of your account and thus prevent the same is left open and accessible to malicious people, especially if you have logged in from your mobile. That is why here we are going to explain what the procedure is so that you can log out from any device, To do this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you below.
Why should you never leave the Twitter session open on any device?
One of the most common mistakes of humans is to log into one of their social networks and leave them open, many of them do it without realizing others because it seems very tedious to be entering at all times your username and password to access. But the truth of all this is that these types of accounts should never be left open either in the computer or smartphone.
This is because every time leaving your profile started either on a PC or mobile you are running the risk that another person can access it and manipulate your information within the social network, Communicate with other people, publish content that you have not authorized, steal private information that you may have in the chat, among other activities that that person may commit.
In the case of computers it is not so frequent that users leave their session open, since mostly computers in homes or jobs are shared, so people look more forced to close their profile once they have finished reviewing it. But the opposite happens with the smartphone, being an apparatus of personal use people keep logged in all the time, either with the social network of Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, emails among others.
In maintaining your open profile you are running the risk that a third party can access it, either because you have loaned the terminal, because you have lost it or simply because it has been stolen. Taking into account all this, it is best to keep your account closed once you have used it, for this we are going to explain here what are the steps you should follow on both a computer and a smartphone.
Learn step by step how to log out of your Twitter account
Considering everything mentioned above in the post and the importance of keeping your Twitter account closed, Here we are going to show you which are the procedures that you must perform both from the browser of your computer as from your smartphone.
To do this, follow each of the methods that we will teach you below:
In the web
The process for log out from your computer’s browser It is very simple, it will not take any time to do it so you have no reason to leave your account open.
To do this, follow these steps:
- The first will be enter your Twitter profile from its official site.
- When you have entered and reviewed everything related to your account and you want to close your profile, then you will need to go to the page of start and in the lower left part of your screen click where your name and your username.
- Then you will see a drop-down menu with two options “Add an existing account” or “Close the session” which you are going to select.
- This way you will be closedI log in to your account from the computer in a simple and fast way.
In the app
In the case that you use your social network from the mobile application, then here we are also going to explain how the procedure is so that you can close your account easily.
To do this, follow each of these steps:
From an Android mobile
- If you use a android device then the first thing you should do is go to the top menu and press the icon of your profile or the menu of navigation of the Twitter app.
- Now select the section “Settings and privacy”.
- Then click on “Bill”.
- There you will find different options, in this case select “Sign off” and then confirm that you want to exit the Twitter app.
This way you can start close your application profile so you will be keeping all your data from the social network completely safe, in case you want to go back to access you simply have to enter your username and password.
From an iPhone mobile
Now if you are one of the users who has an iPhone and you want to know how is the process to close your account of the application, then it will be necessary that you carry out each of these steps:
- The first thing will be to enter the Twitter app and there click on your profile located in the upper menu.
- Then select the option “Settings and privacy”.
- Now click on the section “Bill”
- Finally, click on the option “Sign off”, this way you will be closing for complete your Twitter profile, so you should enter your data again to access there.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉