Google is the company with the most presence on the entire internet. Such is its scope, that many do not even conceive of the use of the networks without going through the use of this company. Your search engine It has become a reference portal for everyone, the place we all go to every time we need to consult something in the infinite wisdom of the digital field.
That was the initial function of Google; but, over the years, it has spread to email account management, file storage, blog writing, spreadsheet work, chat, video calls and endless applications of all kinds. This cluster of very useful and important tools have a great advantage, and that is that they only require one thing: have a Google account.
Needless to say, having one is almost essential, especially if you want to take real advantage of what the internet can offer you. Many already have it, but they still wonder how to login to google account, especially when they are on a different computer than the one they usually use.
How do I log into my Google account from my computer?
For them, and for you, we have prepared this guide in which it is explained step by step not only how to login to Google, but also we solve each of the most frequent doubts related to this multi-service that the technology giant offers. Thus, you will know how to act in case of Forgot account or password, even what to do to further strengthen security with two-step login. Everything explained in detail and step by step.
Through your computer, the steps to follow to log into your Google account are very easy and simple. In fact, the process is something that can be done in just a couple of minutes, with hardly any complications. Next, we leave you everything you need to do to proceed to enter your Google account:
1 – Enter the Google website
Start by opening your trusted web browser. When you have opened it and the window is in front of you, type in the address bar (usually located at the top) the following URL: www.google.com. In this way, you will enter the Google home page.
2 – Start logging in
When you are inside this page, you just have to scroll to the Right upper corner. There, next to the options Gmail and Images, there is a blue button with the text “Log in”. Click on it to start.
3 – Enter your Google account information
The form that now appears on the screen begins by requesting the deposit of the email or phone number that you have previously linked to your Google account. In our case, we choose the mail option writing the corresponding e-mail. After this, click on “NEXT”.
The next step is to do the same with the password that you will assign at the time or that you will change. It is important use uppercase and lowercase where appropriateas they are taken into account for the login. Once you have also filled in this field, again, click on “NEXT”.
4 – Session started
The login process with your Google account has already concluded. From this moment you can start use your email automatically or even take advantage of all the services included in this internet giant. You have access to file storage in the cloud, editing documents, spreadsheets, browsing history in Chrome or even full synchronization with Youtube.
Steps to follow to enter my Google account using my Android phone
If you wonder how to enter the Google account, Yes, an account previously created on your Android mobile phone or tablet, the process is quite simple, although it is true that it requires some previous steps to be able to access and be logged into Google each time we use our Android cell phone. There is a much faster and more functional way, since We will not have to enter our password every time we want to log in using our cell phone for it. Let’s see the steps to configure this option:
1 – We access the configuration web
From our favorite browser and being logged into our Google account, we access this web, to begin the setup process.
2 – We assign mobile device
First it will ask us for our password to confirm that we have access to make certain changes. Once the password has been correctly entered, a screen will appear asking us with which phone do we want to log inIf we have several synchronized models, we choose the one that suits us best. In addition, it will ask us to let’s enable a screen lock of the mobile device for greater security, without this, we will not be able to continue.
3 – We activate the service
In this step, we will have the option to observe how this service works in test mode. Once we are satisfied, we give “Next“and automatically, to the phone we assign, a notification will arrive letting us know if you are trying to log in from another device or computer. We take the mobile phone and click”Yes“, and then click on”Activate“to make the login function available using the smartphone.
4 – Increased access security
By activating this verification system Google login, on each occasion in which we want to enter our account from any device, be it computer or tablet, We will receive a notification to the cell phone to confirm access. Undoubtedly, this two-step verification system gives a greater security plus to our account and therefore, it is highly recommended to activate.
FAQ: Problems with access or login to Google
As we have previously explained, access Google account it is not overly complicated. Ease is something that usually defines it. Even so, you are likely to run into certain problems and inconveniences that make access difficult, as well as possible doubts that may arise. Because of this, we will solve some of the most frequently asked questions related to access to the Google account.
I have forgotten my username to enter Google
Google does not require the use of a username to enter, although, in case you forgot the email account (something quite common), offers an alternative solution with which to access.
- Start by starting the logging process as we explained in the previous tutorial. Complete steps 1 and 2 already detailed and, now, click on “Have you forgotten your email?”
- Now what you should do is enter recovery email account that you chose at the time (you will receive, in this case, an email in it with which you will be given the necessary data to proceed) or the linked phone number. We recommend this last option. Enter the number and click “NEXT”.
- The form below only requires you to enter the name and surname of your Google account. Enter them in the corresponding fields and continue by pressing, again, the button “NEXT”.
- Now is the time to receive a Verification code. Google will tell you to proceed to send an SMS to the assigned mobile, showing the number on the screen. Click on “SEND” to receive.
- The message that now reaches your phone includes the letter G and a 6-digit code that you must copy in the field that, on the other hand, you have on your PC screen waiting to be filled out. Do it and proceed.
Now you will have in front of you all the Google accounts that you would have linked to the phone number. Among them will be found the one whose email you had forgotten. Problem solved!
I have forgotten my password to access Google
In case of not remembering the password to Google, we recommend go directly to the account recovery page of the company. To do this, in the address bar of your browser, type this URL: https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier.
- There is only one field available here to type in. As indicated, you have to enter email or phone number linked to your Google account. Choose which one you are going to use, write it down and click on “NEXT”.
- Now, what you must do is enter the last password that you remember having used with your account. Do it or, if you prefer, click on “Try another way” so that your phone can be used as an identity confirmer. If you have chosen the password, write the one you remember and press the blue button again.
- Google will ask you if the mobile model that appears on the screen is the one that corresponds to the one you use, confirm by clicking on “YES” so that it receives a small notification on the screen in which you must also confirm by pressing “Yes”.
- Now, you just have to write the new user password what do you want to use, confirming it by writing it again. It must be something personal and non-transferable, since its purpose is to limit access to your account and guarantee your privacy. Also, make sure it is easy to memorize or save it somewhere safe so you don’t forget it again.
Can I sign in to Google using 2-Step Verification?
You can do it, but first you must activate it. For the 2-step verification to work when entering Google, you must first log in normally and enter the following URL in your browser: https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/two-step-verification/enroll-welcome.
- You are in the two-step verification setup. Click on “START”To begin the process.
- Google needs you to confirm your identity. To do this, start with write your account password in the field that requests it. Once this is done, press “NEXT”.
- After this, the procedure requires sending a notification to your paired mobile device. Click on “TRY IT NOW”And you will receive it. At this time, take the smartphone and confirm the login.
- The last step is to confirm a security option in case the terminal is lost. Choose between text message or phone call clicking on the corresponding circle and also clicking on “SEND”.
- You will receive now a verification code on your smartphone that you must enter in the field that appears on the PC screen. Write it down and click on “NEXT”.
- To conclude, click on “ACTIVATE” so that 2-Step Verification starts working every time you want to log into your Google account.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉