Windows 10 has a very common security mechanism on any modern operating system, or even on any online platform, user accounts and passwords. This system signed by the popular house Microsoft asks each person who tries to enter it, and who has created a profile before, to enter a password if they have set it. It is a common and frequent procedure in computer equipment, which only seeks to prevent unwanted access from outsiders.
However, there may be those who prefer to enter quickly, not having to type your profile password over and over every time the PC is turned on or that they restart it because the equipment indicates so. Although it is the most secure method, the requirement to use a password is something that over time it ends up tiring people, who are looking for some way to access bypassing this system.
In fact, many wonder how to automatically log in to Windows 10, how to remove this option so that, every time you turn on your computer, it enters the system directly to start using it as usual. And that question is what we are going to solve in this guide, explaining what steps to follow to move through the computer configuration, you can enable this fast and automatic access without having to write keys.
Login to W10 without having to enter your password
On the other hand, if what you are looking for is an alternative access, but one that is also faster than the standard, we will also explain how to set a PIN code. This typical code for mobile phones is a system that can also be activate in Windows 10; but only if you follow the instructions that we are going to indicate in the corresponding section that you will find in this guide.
In general, to strengthen the security of the equipment and avoid any misuse by outside users, Windows 10 asks for a security password for each user profile. Yes you have a profile and you must enter the password each time you enter, it is possible that in the long run you will get tired and prefer that it is not necessary to write it over and over again.
In this section we will explain what you have to do to configure the system so that you never have to enter the password again, so that the login is completely automatic and you enter Windows directly by just starting the PC and clicking on your profile:
- With Windows started and within your username, press the combination Windows + R on your keyboard.
- In the window that appears, you must enter the following: “Netplwiz”. Thus, you will access the advanced Windows 10 user manager.
- Now, within this menu, you will see a box accompanied by the text “Users must enter their name and password to use the equipment”. You just have to uncheck it and then press the button “Apply” what’s below.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear in which you must choose the user you want to automatically log in with from now on. Further, You must write below the access password to said profile and confirm it in the third field that appears. When you have done it, click on “To accept”.
- Need to restart the computer for the changes you’ve made to take effect. By doing so, you will verify that the modifications made have indeed taken effect. You can now enter Windows 10 directly with the indicated profile without having to type anything at all.
This option is good to speed up the boot of the operating systemas it doesn’t need to wait for you to touch anything. However, it is not the most advisable if you use the computer in an environment where more people can access, since there is no way to prevent access to anyone. By turning on the equipment they will be able to enter your computer and move around it with total freedom. Something that, in case of a password, would be impossible.
Access Windows 10 with a PIN instead of a password
PIN is a short code, usually of four digits, which is also responsible for ensuring access to the operating system; but that is much simpler than the usual password (in fact, sometimes it does not ask or press the Enter key to be entered). Setting it as a method to access in Windows 10 is a good alternative for those looking for something faster without giving up entirely on the security of their equipment.
If you are interested in knowing how to enter W10 with a PIN instead of a password, take note of the following indications:
- With Windows started, press the start button on the bottom left.
- In the drop-down that just opened, go to your profile picture, located on the left, and click on it.
- When you do that, a small drop-down menu will open in which you must choose the option “Change account settings.”
- You will have in front of you a new window with several sections to the left. You must click on the one that says “Login Options”.
- Now, you will see on the right several changes with different descriptions and information. Descend until you find the section “PIN” and click on the button “Add”Which is under its details.
*Note: You must have an access password for this option to be enabled.
- In the new popup window, you will see two fields. It’s time to write the numerical combination of your access PIN. If you want to also enter letters, you will have to check the box “Includes letters and symbols.” When finished, press “To accept”.
- You will probably be asked to confirm your identity and to do so, you will have to enter your current user password. Write it in the space that appears and accept to finish.
- After a brief loading moment, your PIN will have been enabled and you won’t have to use the password again to enter. From this moment, you can use this new combination to access Windows 10 with your regular user.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉