Gmail It is the most used service to receive and consult emails worldwide. Well, it provides free storage and through its functionalities, provides an optimal experience.
Although it simplifies communication, it is estimated that a inbox complicated or disastrous can be an obstacle to taking advantage of the advantages of Gmail. Which affects productivity and it can even frustrate users.
Indeed, it is recommended to know how to use all the functions of Gmail for guarantee the highest possible profit by the google service. One of the most useful ways is marking all emails as read at the same time and here, you will learn how to do it.
Learn step by step how to mark all Gmail emails as read at the same time from any device
In order to acquire more convenience, speed and utility when managing the inbox of Gmail, It is suggested mark all emails as read. This can be done without having to open them and even as a batch action (or all at the same time).
Next, we show you how you can do it correctly:
In the desktop browser
Through Gmail web version, it is easier and more efficient to mark each and every one of the messages received on this platform.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Through your computer, open your preferred web browser and access the Gmail page to enter your account.
- Once you are inside the inbox, go to the upper left and click on the first icon with the down arrow (from left to right).
- From the menu, select the option “All” and in this way, all the emails contained in that page of the interface will be selected.
- Among the options available at the top, find and select the option “More” (or the three horizontal dots icon).
- By last, click on “Mark as read” and automatically, this will be done.
On Android and iOS
Making use of the Gmail mobile app, there is no possibility to mark all emails as read at the same time, how to do it on a computer. However, the service allows you to do this by using another method.
In this case, the procedure to complete consists of:
- With your device Android, iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app and enter your account.
- Through the inbox, start to find and tap the sender’s profile picture which is next to each of the messages you want to mark.
- When you have selected all the ones you want, go to the top right and press the icon that resembles an open envelope.
- The system will display a message indicating “X were marked as read” (X corresponds to the number of emails chosen).
Other Gmail tips and tricks to better manage and organize your email like an expert
This email service hides a host of tricks that help optimize the productivity of its users, as well as improve the management and organization of the inbox so that your experience is as efficient as possible.
One of the best ways to ensure this is the following three key indications:
Create filters for your emails
The filtering it offers Gmail it is vital for automate part of the management of an email account, because it allows a previous classification around the sender of a certain message or the origin of the mail as such. Which, helps save time and increase productivity.
To create filters based on your needs and preferences, you have to proceed as follows:
- Access your Gmail account and Enter the Configuration section. If it is from the web version, press the gear icon and click on “See all settings”. If done through the mobile app, touch the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner and choose “Settings”.
- Find the Filters section (or Filters and blocked addresses) and press the option that indicates “Create a filter”.
- A box will appear from the top and there, you have to define the parameters to filter. Either From, To, Subject, Contains the words, Does not contain, Size, Contains attachments, Do not include chats.
- Once you carry out the filtering process according to your requirements, you have to click on “Create filter” on the bottom.
- Then check the box and specify the action to be carried out when an email entry with the established characteristics is detected. For example: star, forward, never mark as spam, etc.
- Go back to select the “Create filter” button and the message will appear “A filter has been created”.
Use the labels
The gmail labels they are the ideal tool to organize your emails easily, thanks to the fact that they allow you to identify important messages throughout your inbox.
To create them, the steps to follow are summarized in the following:
- Through a computer (to make it more comfortable), enter your Gmail account from its web version.
- Click on the cogwheel icon in the upper right and choose “See all settings”.
- Go to the Tags section and at the bottom, select the “New label” button.
- In the corresponding field, write the name of your new tag.
- If you want to install it in a specific place, check the box “Nest tag in” and choose the option of your preference from the drop-down menu.
- Press the “Create” button and ready.
To add this label to a certain message, you must locate the email in question, select it from its box and choose the Tags icon at the top. From the list of “Label as”, click on the one you created and click on “Apply”.
Schedule the sending of your emails
Another of the most useful functions to increase productivity in regard to the Gmail management, it’s based on schedule emails. Because it is practical for better organize your day to day without having to be aware of sending certain emails at a specific time.
The steps to do it are these:
- Login to your Gmail account and on the main page, select the “Compose” button to start a new message.
- In the New Message box, create your email by entering the email address of the recipient, the subject and the body of the message.
- Once it is complete, go to where the Submit button is located, but don’t press it.
- Press the little arrow or tab next to that button and select the option “Schedule shipment”.
- In the box Schedule shipping, choose one of the available options or click on “Choose date and time” to specify when you want the shipment to take place.
- Done all this, tap the “Schedule Shipment” button and at the bottom, the system will specify the date on which said email will be issued.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉