Word has become the word processor more important today, this is because it offers a large number of tools that will help you achieve very professional results in each of your projects. Especially at the time of write university reports or digital documents.
When some written work to be published on the web or to be delivered at work, university or some organization, on many occasions this needs to carry a bibliography with which the reader can orient himself in the case that he wants to investigate further the content that is exposed there.
Fortunately, Microsoft Word allows you to create this type of elements in each of your texts, but it is important to mention that there are still many users who do not know how to apply this function, that is why below we are going to teach you how to make a bibliography in Word like an expertTo do this, follow in detail everything that we will explain in the post.
How should a bibliography be according to APA standards?
Bibliographies or also known as reference are those that are used as support at work in order to support the content that has been mentioned there. It is important that this section complies with APA standards so that it can be considered as correct. Usually being references bibliographic are usually found in physical, digital books and other documents and usually go located at the end of the text.
In order for them to comply with the APA standards, it is necessary that you follow each of the guidelines that we will indicate below:
- You must be ordered according to alphabetical order.
- The format should go as follows: Author (Last name, first initial); date (Only the year); Title of the book (It must ALWAYS be written in italics and only the first letter in capital letters); Place of publication (City, country), and finally the editorial.
- In the case that the book where you have taken the information do not have the author, then you must place the name of the book first.
- If you have various authors as is the case of many books, then you must place them according to the order in which they appear published, these must separate by coma, and with a “Y” to mention the last author.
- If the information you have collected belongs to a encyclopedia then you must indicate the specific volume that you have consulted and the title must be in parentheses. This will look like this (Volume. Followed by the number written in Roman, Vol. II).
- If it is a periodicor then the date will be complete, you must be specified the day, month and year, the month must be written, that is, May 02, 2020 it should not be separated by commas. Also, you must add the number of the page or pages from where you got the information, example, 4 or pp. 70-72.
- In the event that the information has been taken from a Web page, then you must translate it as follows: Author of the page, year of publication or last revision, the title of the page as it appears on the screen, and the full web address to access it.
- Finally, if you have taken it from a databasethen you must add your name at the end.
Taking into account all aspects of the APA standard to create these bibliographic references, So here we are going to show you some examples so you can finish clarifying any kind of doubt:
Printed magazine article
- Franzoni, C., Scellato, G. & Stephan, P. (2012). Foreign-born scientists: mobility patterns for sixteen countries. Nature Biotechnology, 30 (12), 1250-1253.
- Nielsen, ME (nd). Notable people in psychology of religion. Retrieved from http://www.psywww.com/psyrelig/psyrelpr.htm
- González, J. (September 17, 2013). Scale the deficit to a historical figure. The new day, pp. 30-31.
- Kidder, T. (1981). Thesoul of a new machine. Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Company.
- Cervantes Barba, C. (2001). The sociology of news and the agenda-setting approach. Retrieved from http://site.ebrary.com/lib/interpuertoricosp/Doc?id=10149393.
Chapter of a book
- Lugo Filippi, C. (2004). Recipe book for dupes. In I. Ballester, Y. Cruz, HE Quintana, J. Santiago & CM Sarriera (Eds.), The pleasure of reading and writing: Anthology of readings (pp. 88-91). Guaynabo, PR Editorial Plaza Mayor.
Steps to create a perfect bibliography in Microsoft Word for your important documents
Knowing what are the APA standards for the creation of bibliographic references, here we are going to teach how you can start creating them professionally on the Microsoft Word platform, this procedure It is very simple and which you will be able to do in the following way:
- You must bear in mind that in order to create professional bibliographies in Word it is necessary that you have previously created the citations of your writing, that is, what are you going to record? the data of the sites where you are getting information to add the text, you can do this as you you elaborate the text. So the first thing you are going to do is head to the “Options” and there select the tab “References”.
- There will appear different sections, in this case you must select the one of “Citations and bibliographies” and there you must choose the option of “Style” the item of “APA”.
- Once the option of “APA” selected, the next thing will be to click on “Insert appointment”.
- There a window will be displayed where you must select the option of “Add new source.”
- Now a new window will appear where you must choose the type of the bibliography source, By moving the arrow that appears there, you will find all the available options.
- Once you have selected it, the following will be put the author of the citation, in this case you must click on “Edit” so that a new box appears on the screen.
- When you have entered “Edit” The following window will appear where you should write the name and surname of the author, if you know, you also write the middle name and click on “To accept”.
- The following will be finish filling in all the fields that appear on the screen, once finished click on “To accept”.
- Then it will appear the quote on your worksheet, keep in mind that for greater convenience you can remove it from the text and you continue with your writing. You should also keep in mind that according to the bibliographic reference That you choose will be the options to fill in, in this case it is a book.
- Once this point has been reached, the following will be create bibliography, note that this is done at the end of the document, so at this point you should have all your necessary appointments to create each of your references. The first thing will be to enter again “Reference” and there in “Citations and bibliography”, here you must click on “Bibliography” to show you the options available there.
- Here you will find two options “Bibliographies” or “Works cited” in this case we select the first.
- Automatically when you click on that option, the bibliography Y each of your appointments, in this way you will have professionally form the bibliographic references of your work in Word.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉