Although it is not very demanded to make indexes in this office program, if you can learn to do them, since it helps you to better organize the information that your presentations contain, and in this way you can also quickly locate the information that is in the entire document.
Although you have to know that the application of Power Point does not have the tools to be able to generate indexes unlike Microsoft Word, since the main objective of this is to make presentations in professional or simple ways. However, it is possible to make a table of contents with some tricks that we will leave later.
We explain how to make an index in a practical way, without having to roll up a lot. This is possible to join functions and tools to do it, one of the tools to generate them are hyperlinks. We do not anticipate any more, keep reading, it will not take you more than an hour to index your presentation, and make it look totally professional.
Steps to make an index in Power Point 2013 or 2016
Then we will show you two ways to create an index in Power point in a very easy way. You just have to follow this guide correctly so that you can do when you want an index in your presentations.
Generate index automatically
Let’s start with the automatic way that is the easiest to apply since almost everything is done by the program. The steps to follow are those:
- First copy the titles of the slides, being in “Outline View”.
- Then in the thumbnail panel, select “Contract” and click on “Collapse All”.
- You are going to click and drag to select all the titles that exist in the presentation that you want to insert, and you click “Copy” or the key combination Ctrl + C.
- Now change the text box of the slide (table of contents), and in the start menu select paste, in the list that appears select “Paste special”.
- Then you will see a box where to select formatted text (RTF) or plain text, and click on To accept. You can change the style of your painting as you wish.
Now is the time to create table of contents hyperlinks. This is done when you have already made the titles and ordered in the table of contents.
- You’ll select one of the titles which is in the table of contents.
- In the menu “Insert”, search and select the option “Links”. In the options that will be displayed, click on insert hyperlink, and select the place tab of this document.
- In that painting, select the slide that corresponds to the chosen title and click on “To accept” to insert the hyperlink of the table of contents (index) slide.
You are going to repeat these steps, for each of the titles. And in this way you already have your index with hyperlinks or links within the same document.
Create table of contents manually
Now is the time to go the old way. Pay attention so that you learn to create your table of contents manually in Power Point following the steps below:
- First generate a bulleted content list on the slide that you are going to name as an index.
- Now select the first option of the bullet and give secondary click and select the option of “Hyperlink”.
- A window will open in which you can find a panel located on the left side. Search and select the section located in this document. And you will find the slides that you already generated, just you must select the one you want to be open, when you click on the bullet.
When you have done this process, click on the bullet, and you will see that it will redirect you to the slide you configured. In this way you can always make the index manually.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉