YouTube is one of the ideal platforms to share information and content in general, to reach large audiences. Unlike other platforms, here you can find all kinds of viewers, because the contents are very varied.
This means, that there are videos from makeup tutorials, reviews of technology products, to games of some games. Therefore, it is an ideal place to start being a content creator.
If you dare to be part of this community of creators, it is essential that you take into account some tips so that your channel be much more professional. It’s about the intros for your videos. Learn how to make intros for videos on your YouTube channel through this step-by-step guide!.
Why is it important to have an intro on all your YouTube videos?
First of all, you need to explain what is an intro for YouTube. These are nothing but short clips shown at the beginning of a video within the platform. Its main purpose is to introduce the topic you are going to talk about or identify your channel. Generally this type of clips include your channel name and logo, as well as other series of elements such as colors, music, graphics and much more. It is essential that this is consistent with the content that you are going to share with your audience.
When you wonder Why is it important to have an intro in your videos?, the answer is that this allows you to quickly capture the attention of your viewers. Also, keep in mind that a creative intro is the first step to success in the dissemination of your content.
Some recommendations to make your intros much more striking are:
- Estimated duration from 4 to 8 seconds.
- Use colors that go according to the design line of your channel.
- Add music.
- Incorporate visual elements apart from your channel logo.
Learn step by step how to make an intro for the videos on your YouTube channel
If you have no knowledge of video editing, You may find it difficult to make an intro for your YouTube videos. However, it really is very simple if you use the right tools for you.
That is why we will explain step by step how to edit these types of clips with Filmora and Adobe Premiere:
Wondershare Filmora is one of the easiest programs to use to edit all types of videos, because it includes many features that meet the needs of inexperienced people or editors already experienced in the field.
To start using it you have to:
- Download the program on your computer.
- Select edit mode what you wish.
- When you create a new project, click on the button to import to add the clips and images that you are going to show in your intro. You can also drag them to the section “Importing multimedia files” by Filmora.
- Organize the materials in the Timeline, according to the order you want them to appear.
- In the Timeline, select each clip or image and edit it with effects, transitions, filters and more.
- You can write texts on the button Text / Credits and add them in your section within the Timeline.
- Find music and put it on the timeline. To do so, you have to go to the option Music and choose the one you like the most in the free library. Once selected, put it on the timeline.
- When you are sure of the result, it is time to export. To do this, click on the button To export, and in the window of Departure choose the file format from the menu Format. Then, write a title for your project Y customize your resolution. Finally, by clicking on To export you will have your intro ready.
If your intro contains small clips, we recommend putting them in slow or fast motion to give them a more attractive visual effect. With those little details, you can make your intro Youtube look more interesting.
Finally, if you are still not sure about using this program, we invite you to read its main features:
- A library with more than 300 animated titles, logos, elements and more that you can combine.
- Free trial version to take a look at its different functionalities.
- It includes advanced tools of edition.
- Music library free of copyright.
With Adobe Premiere
Adobe Premiere is a slightly more professional program, but with which you can also carry out editing your YouTube intros. You don’t have to be a pro at video editing, because with the following step-by-step guide you can do it easily.
In this sense, the following procedure applies:
- Download the Premiere version what you wish. To do this, go to “https://www.adobe.com/es/downloads.html”
- Search all resources that you will use for your intro as images, small video clips and music.
- Open Adobe Premiere.
- Select on the button New project and write the name of it. Modify the location of the file if you need it and that’s it. Click on To accept.
- For Import files, open the folder where all the contents are and drag them to the lower left box of Premiere that says “Import media to start”.
- Once you have your content in the program, click on the video and move it to the timeline. There it will be added and you can trim it (on the blade button), add effects and more.
- To add a title, go to the top menu, select the option Title and click on New title. The title window will open, where you can write the text you need, change the font, size, colors and more. When you’re ready, close the title window. This resource you will get it in the window Draft and you can drag it to the Timeline.
- In case you want to insert photos, import the photos you want from the folder on your computer, into the Premiere timeline. Adjust it in the location you prefer and you can stretch it or reduce it in the Timeline, to decide how long it will last on screen.
- To add music, go to the folder where the song is on your computer and then drag it to the Premiere timeline (the section for music can be found in the Timeline with the name A1).
- For transitions, go to the Project monitor and go to the tab Effects edit. Select in Video Transitions and choose the ones you want. Drop them onto the video by dragging it onto the Timeline, between the clips where you want the transition to appear.
- Finally, it’s time to export your intro. To do so, put the timeline cursor at the end of the video and press the “o” key. You will see that the entire video has been selected.
- Then go to the tab Records from the top menu, and click on Export media. You can also easily do it with Command + M (on Mac) or Ctrl + M (on Windows).
- The export settings. Within that window, select the format you want (the most common is H264). In Default settings choose for which type of platforms you will export (for intros select the YouTube HD 1080p option).
- Give it a name to your project and finally click on To export.
List of the best programs and applications to make YouTube video intros
In case you don’t want install a program inside your computer to edit your intros from Youtube, you can choose to take advantage of web publishing platforms.
With some of them you can achieve surprising results, so we mention the 3 most recommended in the field:
It is a website with which you can create your intros for YouTube and customize them according to your tastes. It should be noted that it is the favorite of gamers, because it allows incorporate 3D animations so that the intros are much more impactful for the spectators. You also have the option to modify the background images of your videos.
It is one of the most popular as far as online intro editing is concerned. With Flixpress you can customize your clips, add images, texts, create high-quality videos and much more. Added to that, you can also incorporate your own audios to make your intro more original.
It is characterized by offering users the possibility of perform your intros in HD for free. Added to that, you can give animation to your logos Y customize them according to your needs. With it, you have the option of using two videos for your project.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉