Excel it is a widely used tool, by people registered as Self-Employed and by Small companies, in the preparation of invoices. In this way, it is possible to comply with the requirements of the Treasury and deliver the documentation to clients.
There are different ways to create an invoice template. One is to choose a preset layout by Excel and the other is to do it manually, for which you will need some secrets.
Due to this, we will present you in the following paragraphs, all the concepts that must include at least one invoice and the steps you will take to create a manual template.
What are all the elements that an invoice must contain in Microsoft Excel?
The invoices are a declarative instrument that is generated in a private sphere and has public impact, which represent the sale of goods or the provision of services to a third party that may be a natural or legal person. Therefore, these legal instruments must contain requirements established by the Law.
- Incorporate the name last Name or social denomination the issuer of the invoice.
- Tax identification number granted by the issuer’s Spanish Tax Administration.
- Home of the invoice holder.
- They must be listed with a correlative order starting from number 1, being able to separate them by series.
- They must contain a space to insert the billing date or expedition.
- It should include the recipient of the service or buyer of the goods. Therefore, the name and surname and company name in case of being a legal person.
- NIF number and address of the recipient of the invoice.
- Description of the services provided or the operations of the transfer, by way of sale, of the goods.
- Net amount of the provision made or tax base.
- Recipient’s tax registration method of the invoice before the Spanish Tax Administration.
- Incorporate text that refers to the legal provisions of Directive 2006/112 / EC.
Steps to create a custom invoice for your business customers in Excel
For create a custom invoice for your company’s clients, you will have two options to choose from.
Which we will show you below:
With a template
Excel has different templates templates what can you use as invoice.
The steps you will have to do are the following:
- Open an Excel spreadsheet and go to the tab “Archive”.
- Click on the option “New”.
- Write the word in the search bar “invoice”.
- After a few seconds it will appear a list with different template models that you can choose.
- Choose the one you like most.
- A new document with downloaded template. You will have to modify the data to adapt it to your needs.
- When you have finished you must click on “Save as” so you can use it at another time.
To create your own invoice manually, follow this guide:
- Open a document new from Microsoft Excel.
- The first thing you should do is set the upper part, for this you will have to select 4 columns. Then you will have to write in the first the name of your company, address and all other information about your address.
- In the third cell, you will have to write the word Invoice and number and date.
- Next, you will have to combine the cell A1 with A2 and A3 with A4. To do this you must right-click, after you have selected them and choose Cell format. Go to the tab “Alignment” and click on “Adjust text” and then click on the box “Merge cells”.
- You will see that text was arranged with a left orientation. Below these 2 cells you will have to select the four columns and combine them to indicate your number of NIF and any other tax information.
- At this time, you will need to apply a lower border to the cell that you made in the previous step. To perform this task, you will have to go to the tab “Start” and, in the group “Source”, to choose “Bottom edge”.
- It is the turn to incorporate the customer’s data. For this, you will have to combine the 4 columns again and write the name, address, postal code and Tax Identification Number. One below the other.
- The same as you did with the separation of your data, now you must create another line choosing the function “Bottom edge” to separate the invoice.
In these moments you will have to create a table to establish the concepts and amounts of each one.
To do this, you will have to follow this guide:
- Without separating from the four columns you have, select the first three and combine them. Then write the word Concept.
- In the column that was left empty write the term Amount.
- Leave a reasonable space so that you can incorporate different goods or services that you sell.
- Whole column of Amount, select it and right-click. Then choose “Cell format …” and then click on the tab “Number”.
- Choose the option “Coin”. Set in “Decimal places” the number 2 and on “Symbol”, the euro. This will mean that every time you put a number in this column it will appear as the amount written in the currency of our country.
- When you are done, you will have to select the title of Concept and of Amount to the place you have left so you can write all the goods. Choose “Thick outer edge” to delimit the area that will be used for this purpose.
- Then, click on the option “Draw borders” and move the mouse over each corresponding place to separate these 2 large columns.
- Next, you must insert into this box that you made in the previous step, the references to all the legal regulations of our country.
- Under the column Amount apply the formula “SUM” and drag it throughout the sector destined to the numerical values that you have established in the sale. This will give you the total taxable income.
- You will have to combine column 2 and 3 and write the different concepts. Which will be: Tax base, VAT and any other element in which you are reached by the Tax Administration.
- In the Amount column you will have to put the formula for each concept. For example, in the VAT you’re going to have to use the function “PRODUCT” and multiply 0.21 by the total you got from the tax base.
- For finalize and write the total of the sale, you are going to have to add these two amounts.
- If you prefer, you can combine the four columns again and add information about the payment method.
List of the best templates to make custom invoices that you can download for Excel
If you want to download a template for free and quickly to make personalized invoices, you can choose them from the following list:
This bill of sale features a simple design in which you can adapt it to meet your needs. Its monochromatic colors provide a formal style in which you can easily include your company name and logo.
It is ideal when you want to send a detail of all the invoices that you have issued to a customer. In this way you can have a control and compare with the accounting of the person you sold to and then reach an agreement and make the payment of the documents without any problem.
In case you need to have control over the invoices issued so that the payment dates do not expire you can use this template. This will help you quickly and easily detect the customer, the amount (if it is pending or has already been paid) and any other important information.
Its modern design will allow you to deliver to your clients an invoice very different from the common ones, since its horizontal orientation allows concepts to be included in a clearer way and enjoyable for everyone. You can incorporate your company name and other billing information that will help you stand out from the competition.
Proof of Service Invoice
its predominant blue design It will allow you to have an elegant bill with soft tones. You will be able to include a logo of your company and the name as well as all the legal concepts established by the Treasury.
It is ideal to send the client a summary with all the receipts issued, some of which will be canceled and others not. In this way you can see the amounts and billing date, among other data.
This template with white, black, red and gray colors they will allow you to have a record of all sales you make to different clients. It is ideal when you have a company with modern styles, but at the same time formal.
With this template you can automatically calculate all the sales you make. You only need to charge the price and write the description of the products or services delivered. Its design is simple so it will help you to enter all your own and third party data quickly and without complications.
It is ideal to deliver to the client physically or virtually, since it calculates the total tax base in a simple way. Therefore, thanks to its design and the functions it provides this template makes it a practical tool for your business.
Tax calculation services
His name says it all. This template is necessary when you sell products or perform services and you need to include prices so that you can later calculate the tax base and from that amount the VAT and all other taxes.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉