The posters are very easy to do with Word when you know how to handle all the tools that the word processor has. In this way you can achieve unique and striking designs, giving them a touch of distinction.
There are a variety of functions that you can use to do this type of work.. You just have to know where to find them and what is the specific job they do.
In order for you to become an expert in making posters, we have prepared this post for you. You can find a guide that will help you step by step to make the best banners.
What tools in Microsoft Word are useful for making posters?
Word offers you the possibility of making different types of documents to which you can edit and append different types of figures, videos or special letters. In this way you can create a poster that is striking, giving it your own style.
To achieve this, you will have to use different resources that will help you edit in a few steps and have eye-catching creations. The tools that you should incorporate are the following:
- WordArt: It is a function that allows you to create different designs within the text, works in a special way with the letters making them have effects of different textures, shadows, lighting indoors or outdoors, making graphics, etc.
- Insert images: You will have to go to the option Insert and then click on Images or in Online Images find the photo you need to incorporate into your text file. In this way you can have a poster with unique designs according to the images you choose from your computer or from the Internet.
- SmartArt: When you need to create a flow chart you can do it by incorporating figures in a very simple way. You will have to work with this tool that is located in the option Insert.
- Graphic: If what you are looking for is to attract the attention of people who read your poster and you need to demonstrate certain data by means of a drawing, you can do so using this tool.
- Text box: This tool is ideal when you need to have a box in the middle of the text you are making, without having to resort to a table. This option is better than Insert Table because you can manage margins in a simpler way.
Steps to create a poster in Microsoft Word like an expert
Before starting, it is necessary to keep in mind that you will need a compatible printer with a much larger paper size than usual if your poster is the size of a poster. So you should look for friends or go to places that make these types of impressions.
In case you decide to make a poster with smaller dimensions (or you have found a professional printer) you will have to follow these steps:
- Once you open Word, you must choose “New”.
- Click on the function “Design”.
- Choose the option “Size”. So you can choose the size of your poster.
- After you have chosen the size that best suits you, you will have to choose the orientation that the poster will have. For this you must click on “Orientation” and choose if you want it to be horizontal or vertical.
- If you want to create a header in your file you will have to go to the function “Insert”. Go to option “Text” and choose “Text box”.
- Click on “Simple text box” and write what you want to appear on the poster.
- Select the text you have written and go to the function “Start” to choose the font type and size.
- Choose the color that the letters will have.
- To get the size you want the text box, drag the edges with the mouse until it is the dimension you need.
- Import the graphics you want on the poster. For this you will have to go to “Insert” and then click on “Shapes”.
- You can choose what you want and use the cursor to place it where you need it.
- If you prefer, you can add a text to the image. To achieve this, you must double click on it to edit what you want.
In this way you will be able to add different text boxes according to your tastes, so the steps will be the same. You only have to save the poster. For that you will have to click on “Archive”, to choose “Save as” and write the name that you have assigned to your document.
Learn how to download and add WordArt artwork to enhance your posters
When you need to incorporate another type of art to your types of fonts you can use different resources for your posters and thus you will be able to include it in WordArt. To perform this task, you must follow these instructions:
- Open your browser and go to one of the platforms used to download fonts. In this case we choose DaFont as an example. “https://www.dafont.com/”
- Choose the type of font you want to download.
- Tap on “To download”.
- After a few seconds, you will have to click on “Install”. This will make Word recognize that you have a new font.
To use it in your posters or in any other document you will only have to go to start and it will look for a Font function for the name of the letter you have recently downloaded.
List of the best portals to download WordArt and find resources for your posters
If you want to design the best posters using Word, you should take into account these portals that will help you download WordArt so that you have more resources in your work:
This platform is an image bank that will help you find the best photos, illustrations and also videos entitled to use it for free. In this way you will find many resources for WordArt in high quality.
You will have to write in the search bar what is the theme of your poster and then filter by the type of image or video you want to find. To finish you will have to “click on Download”.
On this site you can find the tool you need to create and design the best posters. You will have to register with your email or your Facebook user and then you can start downloading all the photos you need.
You will find predesigned templates and also a wide variety of technical resources that will make your job much easier.
If you want your photo not to lose quality you can vectorize it so that it becomes a drawing and so you can enlarge it to the size you want. To perform this task you will need a platform like Autotracer, which will help you with very simple steps to have the best image with vectors.
You will have to write the URL or select the file and stick it in the area that is intended for that purpose. After a short time, you can download it for free. You will have the option to upload any type of image that has a JPG, PNG, PDF or JPEG format.
When you do not have much experience to use Photoshop or similar programs, you can log in on this page and edit photos in a very simple way. You will have to upload the file after clicking the Edit Photos Now button.
You will have a good number of filters that will help you make the image look the way you like it. Then you can download for free. It also has a premium version where you can use cloud storage and other types of editing effects.
If you want to turn Word into a true editing tool, you cannot miss one wide variety of fonts. This will help you to give your files a better interpretation, as well as to attract more attention from your readers.
The steps you will have to follow are very simple, You just have to choose one or more types of typography and then download them so that it will automatically recognize them. In this way you can create very simple and colorful text boxes.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉