When you need create a schedule to follow all your projects, you can use Microsoft Word without any problem. With this program you will be able to perform this task in a quick and easy.
So that your work has a professional result, you should know all the secrets of using the schematic tool. This will allow you to choose the best option for you.
If you want to know in detail the steps you must do, we invite you to read this article to the end. We will also teach you some tips that you should keep in mind when making an efficient schedule.
Outline or SmartArt? What is the best tool for making schedules in Word?
Although, with SmartArt you will have a much better and more striking preset format, you will not have the possibility of incorporating other options into your schedule. So it is always convenient to perform this type of task by means of a scheme.
With this last tool you will be able to choose the number of rows and columns what will your schedule. Also, if you made a mistake in the calculation, you can add or remove any element in a simple way.
By last, When you choose the scheme as a working tool, you can give it a different style through the “Design” menu and thus you will obtain a schedule with incredible results.
Steps to make a schedule for your projects in Word easy and fast
The steps you will have to do to create a schedule for your projects are the following:
- The first thing you should do is establish the priorities that your schedule will have. That is, you will have to put all the activities that you will do during the days of the week. Then, you must choose if you want to add hours to the table or directly do it for a full day.
- Choose the place within the document where you will add the schedule.
- Then press on the menu “Insert” and then click “Table”, which is the only function within the group “Boards”.
- A window will appear in which you can choose the number of rows and columns that you can enter. Choose the elements that you need. Do not worry if you do not calculate well, since you can add or remove cells anytime.
- Suppose you have 4 activities and that you will do it from Monday to Friday. You will have to choose 5 rows and 6 columns.
- In case you want to add morning and afternoon, you will have to add one more column.
- Leave the first cell free and begins to write the days of the week in each of the header cells of the columns.
- Then enter the name of the activities in the first column. Do not forget that the first cell must be free.
- When you are done, you will be able to choose a format for table. To do this, you will have to select it and go to “Design”, then choose the border style, color and any other element you want to modify.
To split the row, you will have to go to the function “Table” and then click on “Draw table”. You will see that the pointer turned into a pencil, you will have to draw a line in the middle of each cell so that every day they have 2 divisions.
In the first row you can also use the function “He drew” and form a diagonal. You can write days and activity in the first cell you left empty. In this way, you can have a double entry box professionally.
Tips to make your schedules and better organize your projects
When you want to make a schedule you will have to keep these tips in mind:
This is one of the characteristics that you must have your schedule in relation to the tasks you want to put in it. By this we mean that the painting you make, It should be adapted to all the projects you want to include in it.
This will allow you to have, in an orderly way, all the activities and thus be able to organize them in a simpler way.
It should be easy to read
This is another of the points that you will have to take into account when making your schedule. If you involve too many elements in the two-entry table, you will have the inconvenience that you will lose yourself, visually, when following the projects.
In this way, so that you schedule meet target, you should design it in a simple way to be easy and quick to read.
Many people pour more detail into their schedules than they need. Actually, you are going to have to create a table that allows you to put all the information you need about your projects, but in a summarized way.
With this you will gain efficiency, since you will be able to have all the events controlled.
A timeline should be helpful to you. Therefore, the size of the table you have designed should be practical enough so that you do not have problems when you move it. You must bear in mind that it cannot be small either, since you will lose sight of any project that you have entered in the box.
Also, if you are not going to print it and you will have it next to a text of a document, you should consider that the size does not exceed the printing margins of the pages. Since, in this way, it would be little verbose and could affect the reading of the rest of the writing.
Beyond the tips above, you should bear in mind that the schedule has to be effective to fulfill the purpose for which you have designed it. That is, you will have to take into account its colors, its style, the typeface of the letters and any other point that helps to increase its efficiency.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉