So that messages in Slack do not go unnoticed, it is necessary to use some tools that will help you better manage conversations in your company or business venture.
For this reason, we have prepared this article for you so that you can find all the information related to this task. So you can know, in an easy and detailed way, the step by step you must do to mark conversations as you did not read.
But this is not all, we will also include other actions on Slack messages that are important for you to know so you don’t miss out on any relevant information.
Learn step by step how to mark messages as unread in Slack quickly and easily
If you have decided use Slack as the communication tool most important in your company, you are likely to receive a large number of messages every day, both direct and from the channels. For this reason, managing the priority of these conversations is a necessary task that you must carry out so you don’t miss out on any relevant information. A good practice is to mark as unread those messages that need a response in which you must carry out some previous task.
For example, you can receive a conversation from your collaborator telling you that in 48 hours he needs a sales report. In this case, It is convenient to read it and then mark it as unread so that it appears in the panel you have, which will catch your attention until you send the information and can mark it as read. Due to the importance of this task, we will show you the step by step you must do to mark important messages as unread so that they do not go unnoticed.
Do the following:
- On your computer head to the conversation you want mark as unread.
- Next, click on the icon with 3 vertical points. This will bring up a menu.
- Choose the option Mark as unread.
- Yes you want to mark your conversations from the mobile you will have to press and hold the conversation until a menu appears in which you will have to click on the tool Mark as unread.
You must bear in mind that all the messages that are after the one you marked as unseen will also appear with this situation. To mark your preferences you must go to the profile picture and click on it. Then you will have to click on preferences, to select Mark as read and personalized the different options you have available.
Other actions you can take on Slack messages to prevent them from going unnoticed
In addition to be able to mark a message as unread in Slack you can use other functions that will help you keep the flow of conversations well managed. You must bear in mind that the tools that we will show you below They will generate an efficient result as long as you dedicate time to these tasks.
Otherwise, the messages section that you will find in your workspace will always look crowded and you will not have control over it. So you can get the most out of Slack and manage your conversations correctly, we will show you below different actions that you can do on the messages so that they do not go unnoticed.
The step by step that you will have to do on your computer to mark a reminder in the conversation is the following:
- Open the message in which you want create a note.
- After this, hover over it and go to the details icon, represented with 3 points.
- Choose the option Remind me about this.
- I know will display a menu in which you will have different alternatives of intervals. You can choose any of them or customize them, for this last option you will have to do click on the calendar and pick a date.
- Can add a note and then press the button Create.
If you do this task from the mobile on which you have the Slack application downloaded and activated, you will have to do this process:
- Enter the workspace and then go to the message you want add a reminder.
- Hold down the same until a pop-up menu opens.
- Choose the option Remember me and continue with the same steps you would do from your Pc or Mac.
To save a message in Slack follow this guide:
- In your browser or in the application for computers open Slack and go to the workspace where the message you want to archive is located.
- Click on the same or move the mouse for other options to be activated.
- Select the icon save, drawn as a rectangle with a triangular input at its base, as we show you in the image and ready!
- On a mobile Android or on an iOS you should also do the same steps.
Reply in thread
A thread in conversation it’s a tool what can you use to give him continuity to the message. For this reason, it is important to use this function to keep the entire communication system in order.
If you want to carry out this task from a Mac or PC you will have to do the following:
- Open your workspace and find the message to which you want to reply with a thread.
- Activate the menu in the same way that we show you in the previous points. That is, hover your mouse over the body of the conversation until you see the Slack tools activate.
- Choose the icon to reply with a thread, which you will find represented by a conversation graph.
- This will make the chat field appear on the right side of the screen, in which you can activate the box Also send as direct message.
From a smartphone you will have to select the message (holding it tight with the finger) and then click on Reply with a thread. If you want to reply with another thread, you will have to choose the option Follow with a thread.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉