Like any mail service, Gmail stores many messages no matter how old or new they are, so everything is there and none of these are deleted by default. So sometimes when looking for an important one we have a difficult task because we end up accumulating thousands of emails. Therefore, this platform seeks to improve by incorporating new functions that facilitate some tasks.
One of the features that helps users maintain order in their inbox is to create favorite messages. These are nothing more than prominent messages to which we give importance so that they are not eliminated in the short or long term, and to be able to access them more easily.
In this article We are going to teach you step by step how to mark an email as featured, as well as accessing them from any of your devices.
What are the favorite emails and contacts in Gmail and when should you configure them in your account?
Favorite or featured messages are those that we mark with the intention of highlighting their importance on the platform. We usually do this with conversations that contain extremely important attachments, as well as conversations from contacts related to our work that contain information or instructions that we must access regularly.
Contacts can also be featured in highlights, and with it we make sure that the platform never sends messages from these contacts to the SPAM tray, a very frequent error that usually occurs when the Gmail anti-spam filter.
Learn step by step how to bookmark contacts and emails in your Gmail account
One of the functions of Gmail is the stars of highlights, which basically serves to prioritize some messages, let’s see how to do it below:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- In the tray “Received” you will search for the message you want to highlight.
- To left of these will be located the option of “Stand out” found designs with a star.
Once done you will ask yourself How can I locate the messages? Easy, you just have to go to the menu on the left side and click on the symbol “Plus”. There you must select “Featured” to access all emails that you categorized as “Important”.
Other interesting actions that we can configure to improve the management of our Gmail mail
Next, we will show you how to perform other interesting actions that we can take to better manage our Gmail email:
Create new labels
The labels are essential to organize our email in a more professional way. In them we can not only group emails, but also contacts so that we can access any message or user in a more direct way.
The steps you must take are:
- Enter your email and on the left side of the screen you must scroll down and select the option “Plus”.
- When you do the above, you must keep going down until you see the option “New Label”, which you must select.
- A Pop-up in which you have to define the name of the new label. When you finish this you just have to click on “Create” and voila, it will be added to the list of tags.
This is very easy to do and will help you maintain better quality communication with people who live in places with a different time zone than yours.
What you should do is the following:
- Go to Gmail and once you are in your inbox click “Write”.
- Now finish writing the message you want to send and when you do so select the arrow that appears right next to the option “Send”.
- There you will see the option “Schedule shipment” Selecting it will allow you to set the exact date and time for the message to be sent later.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉