Mentions they are a good way to start a conversation. Currently it is one of the preferred functions for people who use platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Through these links, these sites are transformed into true networks.
But nevertheless, Twitter It is one of the social networks with the greatest interaction between users. One of the reasons for this is the ease of label other users and the use of hashtags. It should be clarified that both methods were born in this microblogging.
If you want learn how to use Twitter mentions, the best thing you can do is read the post that we will present to you next.
Can I only tag the users I follow on Twitter in my tweets?
One of the differences with other platforms is precisely this. within a tweet, you can tag any user. As long as you meet these two requirements: It is a user active and there is no locked. This process is called “mention” And it can be done in two ways. The first is made of automatic way to the reply a tweet.
Pressing the corresponding button opens a window that already contains the user’s name. The second runs from manual way, as we will see later. Besides this, it is a good opportunity to mention that Twitter also allows tag users in photos, in the best style Facebook. For this, just upload a photo or use the tool “camera” (mobile version only) below the text box.
Learn step by step how to mention other Twitter users in your Tweets
As it is one of the main actions of the platform, is very simple to do. For this you only need two things: Be registered on site and know the username from the other account.
From there you must follow the steps that we will show you below:
From the phone
- Login to the app Twitter
- On the main page, tap the blue button that appears in the lower right corner. It is circular and contains a sign “+” followed by the drawing of a pen.
- This will direct you to write a new Tweet. You can start with the mention or insert it anywhere. Keep in mind that you only have 240 characters available, including those that make up the label.
- Enter the sign “@” (may appear on your phone’s symbol keypad), below and no spaces write the name of the user you want to mention. Twitter will show you a list of the results as you enter the letters.
- To finish press “Tweet”.
- The system will send a notification to the profile the one you just mentioned.
From the computer
- In your browser, go to “twitter.com “.
- Login with your data bill.
- In the upper section, click on “What’s going on?”.
- Write the content of the tweet or if you wish you can start with the mention, placing the sign “@” and then the name of the other user. As in the mobile phone version, a recommended list.
- In some systems the at sign is placed with the combination “Alt Gr + 2”, “Alt Gr + Q” or “Alt + 64”.
- When you finish writing click on “Tweet”.
You can start mentioning us in a comment. Writes @InternetPaP_ and leave your questions, recommendations and comments Don’t forget to follow us!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉