Learn to work with Microsoft Word It is something that will bring a lot of benefits for you, because this program allows you perform all kinds of work, documents and much more. It should be noted that it includes infinities of functions that you may not yet know or do not know how to handle them correctly.
Specifically in this post, we want to explain everything related to Word clipboard, what it is, how it works and what it is for. That way, you can get the most out of it and save a lot of your work time within Word.
Pay close attention and become an expert in clipboard management of Word! It will really help you to streamline projects and move information from one document to another.
What is the Word clipboard and what is this tool for?
Word clipboard is understood to be a tool included in this program to temporarily store any type of informationThis means that texts, images or other types of files can be copied to the clipboard.
Usually the content that is temporarily kept on the clipboard is obtained through the function of copy or cut and can be retrieved using the function paste or move.
The way to lose the information that is inside the tool is by copying another element or by restarting the system. Without a doubt, it is very useful in case you want to paste the same file in different applications, without having to copy the content again.
In summary, it can be said that the clipboard is used to store any type of content for a certain time by using the copy or cut commands and they are retrieved using paste or move.
Steps to use the Word clipboard to get the most out of it
The simplest way to use the Word clipboard is by locating the item you want to use, copying or cutting it, and then pasting or moving it to Word.
However, we will show you below in more detail how to do it on Windows and Mac devices:
- Go to Word, and click on Start.
- Then click on the selector located in the lower right corner of the clipboard group.
- Copy the texts or graphics you want to use by pressing Ctrl + C. You should know that each selection will appear on the clipboard and the most recent item will be the one that is located at the top.
- Inside the Word document, click on the place where you are going to paste the element.
- Once located, you can perform different actions such as: simply paste with Ctrl + V, open the clipboard box and click on the down arrow icon next to the item you are going to paste and click on “paste”.
- Apart from that, you can also paste everything that is recorded on the clipboard. The way to do it is by clicking “Paste all”.
On the other hand, if you have a Mac computer, you should know that it is not possible to see or delete the clipboard, so the way to use it on these computers is as follows:
- Select all items that you want to copy.
- On the Word toolbar, click Copy.
- Locate yourself in the area where you are going to paste the elements.
- Again in the toolbar click on the icon Paste.
To customize the paste options, just select the down arrow next to the icon. “Paste”. Paste options will be displayed such as: keep the source format, paste as image, paste special, among others.
How much information can be stored on the Word clipboard at one time?
Specifically within Word, the clipboard has a record of the last thing that was copied or pasted within the tool. But sometimes the question arises as to how much information can be stored at the same time within the Word clipboard.
The answer varies depending on the team you are working with. At windows case, you can copy up to 24 items and in the Mac Word clipboard you will have a record only of last item you copied.
If you want to have a record of many more files copied to your Mac, we recommend using the native clipboard of the computer.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉