Everything you have to know about why Outlook messages are bounced or rejected, you will find it below. We will show you in detail the reasons why an email is returned.
Keep reading until the end. You will know why your message appears as SPAM in Outlook and what are the Reasons for an Outlook email to be rejected by the recipient’s server.
Pay attention to every detail because we will tell you how to solve mail-back problems by checking the recipient’s address and verifying the Internet connection.
For what reasons do you return an Outlook email?
If you are unable to communicate with your friends, family or co-workers by means of an email, you should take into account the reasons that we will show you below why the email servers return your Outlook message.
Pay attention to each situation:
Recipient does not exist
This is one of the most frequent reasons why email service providers return your Outlook message. This happens because, when you enter Outlook, you press the blue button Message new and the new window opens, you write in the field For wrong recipient email address.
Among the most common causes are:
- Missing or leftover one or more letters. It can also happen that you have changed a letter for an incorrect one.
- You did not include the at sign (@).
- You forgot it to add the extension .it is or the one corresponding to the country where the service server is registered.
- You misspelled the server name of the email, is the one after the at sign.
- You included characters not allowed, or you forgot to add any period or hyphen.
Your message is SPAM
If some or more of the concepts that we will show you below, it is probable that the security systems of the recipient’s email server classify your conversation as a SPAM email. Do not forget that misleading advertising is frowned upon and viruses use this medium to spread. For this reason, you must be very careful not to get your Outlook account banned.
See the reasons why an email service provider rejects your message:
- You include a large number of recipients in the same email.
- You use URL shorteners.
- You add advertising with images or very striking.
- The body of the message has download links that can be seen as virus threat.
- The IP address used for sending messages has a bad reputation.
- You add attachments that are considered a threat. For example, executable files and databases.
Message rejected by the recipient’s server
Not in all cases the recipient’s server filters your message from Outlook What SPAM.
There are other situations that you should take into account:
- It is likely that the service provider’s firewall system consider that your message may be a threat to the security and privacy of the person to whom you send your email.
- Another reason a server might reject your email from Outlook is for he size in attachment or document you send.
- In some countries with government restrictions, Political or religious deliberately block the reception of messages originating in the so-called danger zones.
- The recipient has blocked you, so the server rejects the messages from your mailbox.
- exist performance problems from the recipient’s mail server.
- The waiting time is over connection to the server.
You have reached the limit of messages sent
Outlook may be the factor that I blocked the delivery of your emails. This is because you have reached the limit of messages sent because you don’t have any more space on the server, depending on the version you hired. A good way to solve this problem is to delete spam or choose the Clean rule to delete all messages from a specific user. You can also delete your inbox by saving important files to OneDrive or another cloud storage server.
The recipient has reached the limit of received messages
Another common reason why your messages are bounced or rejected is because the recipient’s mailbox has reached its limit and it has occupied the entire storage capacity of the service provider. As in your Outlook account, it will be convenient for you to notify it that it will have to empty the SPAM folder, delete old emails and save relevant information in the cloud.
Learn how to troubleshoot bouncing problems in Outlook
Next, we will help you troubleshoot bouncing problems in Outlook.
Do not miss any detail:
Check the recipient
You must keep in mind that, yes you misspell the recipient’s address, the email server of the person to whom you want to send an Outlook email will bounce your message. For this reason, you must take into account some concepts that will help you pay more attention to the details in each address you enter in the field For. An email address is made up of two sections, the first is the one that includes the recipient’s name.
It is usually linked with initials of your first and last name, although numbers, periods, and hyphens may also appear. Then follow the @ symbol and from here the second part of the direction is born. This section contains the server name accompanied by an extension, which can be .com, .edu, .gov, org, among many others (in our case it is outlook.com, with lower case). In some cases it is included instead of where the server is, for example, .es, .fr, .be, .pt and more.
From this it arises that, to solve Outlook mail bounce problems, you must do the following:
- Write correctly and complete the entire address of the recipient’s mail. In this case you must include the two sections that we show you accompanied by the @ symbol and the extensions.
- Keep in mind that capital letters are recognized, so it is also considered a typing error.
- The email address must not contain signs and symbols that are not allowed. For example, parentheses, major or minor, semicolon, colon, comma, square brackets, and percentages, among others.
- You can’t leave spaces in the mailing address, since everything must be written together, including the allowed numbers and signs.
- Try do not make typos at the hour of writing.
Don’t send unwanted advertising content
To prevent the recipient’s mail server from classifying your message as SPAM, you must:
- Limit advertising content in the body of the message, you don’t have to include a lot of mailboxes in the To section and it is not convenient to add misspelled email addresses.
- Keep in mind that the download links you send they have to be true and safe, to avoid suspicion of phishing activity or the presence of viruses.
- If you want to send executable files with .exe extension or databases, It will be convenient that you first upload the document to the cloud of OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other, and then share the location of the file through a link.
- Ask the recipient to add you as a trusted user, By registering your Outlook email address, this will help avoid SPAM classification.
- In case you need to send marketing emails, Try to do it in a moderate way and offer recipients the possibility to reject or accept your offers.
- If you have a banned IP It will be convenient for you to send the sales strategy from another address.
In some cases bouncing outlook emails is produced by problems external to your account. This means that the recipient’s server has interrupted its service for different reasons. The only thing you can do in this case is to check that the rejection message you receive is for this reason, so you will have to wait a few minutes and try again later.
Create a new account
If for any reason your account was banned, don’t worry because you can open another user.
The steps you will have to do are:
- Go with your trusted browser to the Outlook web, enter in the address bar
- Next, press on the blue button, called Create free account.
- Choose the name of the email which will be accompanied by the @ outlook.com extension.
- In the window Create a password, write a password that will be used to enter from any device. When you finish select
- The program will ask you to write your first and last name.
- Inside the form What is your birth date?, you must enter the country or region and your birthday.
- The last thing you have to do is solve a puzzle to prove that you are not a robot.
Check your internet connection
Many times the problem of returning emails in Outlook comes from the lack of Internet connection, so it will be convenient to control:
- The Connection of cables coming from the street to the router.
- The modem receive power.
- If your computer is connected via a LAN network, check that the connectors are properly seated and secure.
- In case, you receive Internet by WiFi, verifies that there are no objects that interrupt the signal and it causes interference between the modem and where your device is.
- Check that you have correctly entered the network access password.
- Check that have you activated the function of Wifi on your mobile device and on your computer.
- Check that you have on mobile data and that the service provider company does not suffer from interruptions due to technical defects.
- Research what you have active Internet service.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉