If you want learn how to manage Telegram notifications on any deviceYou will have to keep reading because we will explain to you below, in an easy and detailed way, everything related to this topic.
In order for you to become a true expert in managing Telegram, we will introduce you a list with all notifications sent by the platform. This will help you to know of the existence of a new message.
Do not miss anything because we will also teach you the step by step you have to do to enable or disable Telegram notifications on all your devices. Check out.
What are Telegram notifications and what are they for on the platform?
Telegram notifications they are alarms that the platform sends to users every time there is a specific event. In this way, people who have the app installed on their devices can be aware of everything that happens in instant messaging. These notifications can be muted or configured so that an alert is only received when certain users, contacts or Telegram groups carry out certain activities.
What are the different types of notifications that Telegram sends us to notify us of a message?
exist different types of notifications that Telegram sends to know the news of the platform.
See below all the ones you can find:
Message in chat
You will get this kind of alarm when any user send you a direct message through a chat. This you can see not only in the icon that will appear at the top of the screen, but also with a green circle which will be next to the contact’s name with the number that reflects the number of new messages.
From file received
Every time someone sends you a file or a document Through the platform, you will receive a notification of such a situation. This can also be seen next to the name of the contact.
Groups allow administrators or owners of each group in Telegram They can pin messages to appear at the top of the chat. These are generally reports or rules that must be adhered to within the community. The platform allows you to configure notifications so that every time a message is posted you will receive an alert.
Of mentions in groups
When you belong to groups and the other members mention you (including your username) it will be necessary for you to be aware of this situation. For this reason, Telegram incorporates among its functions the option to receive a notification every time a member of a community made a mention of you.
You will also receive an alert when you’re subscribed to a channel and new posts are made within the community.
If for some reason you cannot answer a call from a contact, then the platform will send you a notification to remind you of this situation. You will find an icon at the top of the screen and a green balloon next to the user’s name.
Contacts joining Telegram
Every time a person, whose phone number you have registered, joins Telegram you will receive a warning message of this action. This notification will appear in the chat list, so you can press on the conversation to start a direct message.
This mechanism used to maintain connections is available on Telegram. For this reason, if the application closes you will be able to receive notifications when the opposite is tried, which will help you to have a more reliable conversation.
This is one of the most important features it has Telegram, since it is the same platform that sends you notifications when there is a new version available. You will also receive a PIN for each time you request to sign in on a new device, among other things. The alert will appear in the list of direct chats with the username “Telegram”.
Learn step by step how to enable or disable Telegram notifications quickly and easily on all your devices
We will show you below how to enable or disable Telegram notifications, quickly and easily, on any device where you have the application installed.
Let’s get started:
To manage notifications on your Android mobile, you will have to follow this step by step:
- Once you have open the Telegram application you will have to go to the upper left corner and click on the icon of the three horizontal lines.
- After this, you will have to choose the option Settings.
- When the menu is displayed go to the tool Notifications and sounds and click on it.
- You will find different sections that will help you to divide the alerts to better adapt them to you. If you want configure private messages, groups or channels you will have to enter the field Notifications for chats.
- If what you are looking for is to configure incoming calls, then choose the tool Calls and modifies the type of vibration and the tone of the same.
- When you need a warning balloon to appear above the other applications you are using on your mobile, you will have to go to the section Globe in icon.
- The Notifications in the app They will help you choose the sound, vibration, preview and level of importance of the alerts.
- If you click on Events (edit) You will find all the functions that will help you manage notifications when a contact joins in Telegram and every time there are new messages posted in the groups in which you participate.
- You can also choose the settings for the keep-alive service, the connection in the background and the period in which the notifications will be repeated. All this you will be able to do in the field Others.
- Lastly, if you want return to initial values that the application offers you, you can redo all the notifications within the section Restore.
The options you will have to configure Telegram notifications on your iPhone or iPad They are the same that we mentioned in the Android section. For this reason, we will show you below how to enter this alert customization panel.
- The first thing you should do is enter the mobile app of the platform on iOS.
- Next, you are going to have to go to the bottom of the screen and select the tool Settings.
- Once you have entered this menu, you will have to choose Notifications and sounds.
- Finally, choose each of the fields mentioned in Android to enable or disable Telegram notifications.
In the computer
What you must do now to configure the platform notifications on your PC or Mac is the following:
- Enter the Telegram app for computers. Then write your phone number and the PIN that you will receive by SMS or in the mobile application.
- Once you have the app open you will have to go to the left corner and select the option Settings.
- After this, you are going to have to click Notifications to display a new menu.
- Within this list you can choose in the section Notifications, the type of alert for the conversations, choose if the name of the sender of the chat appears, the preview of the message, if you want the Telegram icon to flash on the taskbar and play a sound.
- Then you can choose the customization of the events, of the calls and of the balloons in icon.
- When you enter the tool Native notifications, you will be able to choose if you want to use the notifications of the operating system that you have installed.
- Finally, you will have the possibility to select the location on screen when notifications appear and the amount of them.
On Telegram Web
Enter with your browser to
https://web.telegram.org/ and link your account with the phone number that you own.
Then follow these steps:
- When you are on the main page, go to the left column. At the top, click on the 3 line icon.
- The previous step will allow you to see a pop-up menu with various options. Unlike the other Telegram clients that we have talked about so far, in the Web version it directly has boxes to activate or disable notifications.
- Choose Desktop Notifications, Background Notifications, Message Preview Y Sound to personalize the messages you receive from Telegram.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉