The Internet has become a essential tool for human beings, but just as it has become so essential it has also become a problem for the vast majority, and it is that when a person surfing the net is exposed to their information being stolen, manipulated or hacked as the case may be.
Therefore, it can be said that user safety can be affected if the necessary measures are not taken, especially today when many websites they lend you very little attention to all these drawbacks. This means that if they are not taken the necessary measures your PC may be exposed to viruses or hacker who take advantage of this lack of protection.
Most people decide install an antivirus or malware to solve this, but the truth is that in many cases this is not sufficient. That’s where it comes in the firewall, which has become a key that restricts other computers’ access to network data. That is why here we are going to explain the procedure so that you can open the firewall ports on your computer with W8, To do this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you below.
Learn step by step how to open the remote desktop ports of the Windows 8 firewall
Taking into account that opening the firewall ports will give you greater protection when being on the Internet, here we are going to explain you step by step how you can open remote desktop ports in Windows 8.
To do this, follow each of the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing you should do is go to Start Menu and there you select “Control Panel”, You can also access from the vertical bar and click on “Security system”.
- Now in the new window that appears on the screen you must select the option to “Windows firewall”.
- Here you can see the status of your connections in “Home networks”, “Work networks” or “Public networks”.
- Then you must click in the left panel on the option of “Advanced settings”.
- A new window will open with new information about Windows Firewall.
- In this case, you must click on the left panel and there you select the “Entry rules”, in the previously opened window you will see the list of all the applications that are activated and the activation status of each of them.
- To be able to open new ports in Windows 8 you need to select the item from “New rule” located on the right panel, here you must select between the different options, “Port” and then click “Next”.
- You will have to indicate to which the rule will be applied, either UDP or TCP, the port number and then click on “Next”.
- In the new window that appears on the screen, you must select one of the following options “Allow connection, Allow connection if secure or block connection” and then select “Next” so you can indicate what profiles do you want the rule to apply.
- And finally you must name the rule, here you must write a brief description additionally if you wish. Once done, click “Finalize” in this way the rule will be created and you open a firewall port on your Windows computer.
List of the best Windows 8 remote desktop programs
Without a doubt, these programs have become one of the best alternatives for the vast majority of users, and it is that they allow you remotely access another computer, so you can save you many trips or get you out of trouble in case you need to take some information or data that you only have on your computer and are far from it.
All this will help you solve personal problems, help a family member or friends, among others. Luckily, this is the number one goal of this type of software, so remote access has become one of the tools most used by professional system administrators.
In accordance with this, here we show you the best software that you can start installing on your computer with remote desktop W8:
Remote desktop has become one of the most comprehensive programs available for Windows 8 operating system, so you can download this application completely free from the Microsoft store.
To highlight it should be mentioned that it has a very easy to use interface and that it is adaptable for a touch environment. With this program you will have the opportunity to know all the connections remotes on the main screen of your computer, So like what have been the five most recent connections.
It also allows you to apply different types of functions such as change, copy and paste different remote sessions, you can connect to multiple desktops and run different types of tasks using the W8 Snap tool. And it also allows you connect to a corporate computer without the need to establish a VPN connection.
TeamViewer has become one of the oldest programs to carry out this type of activities, this is how it was one of the first remote desktop solution providers that were used by the operating system of Microsoft. After all the success TeamViewer was launched through an app, this is how this application became one of the most profitable alternatives for this type of solution.
Besides being simple to use and very fast, it allows share desktop and transfer files even behind any firewall. Once installed this program, the person will have the opportunity to use the commands most popular of W8, the Snap function of the OS and above all you can take full advantage of the charms of the sidebar of the latest version of Windows. This app can be downloaded completely for free only for personal use.
Finally we present this other remote desktop software that you have surely seen or heard about him, and is that he is considered one of the most important and used applications around the world. Among its main advantages we can mention that it is compatible with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and Mac. All this allows Splashtop is within reach of most people.
To be able to use it you simply must download it on at least two of the devices you use from their website, too you must register. When you have downloaded the program you can view devices with those who want connect your PC, as well as other devices that can also be connected. Another of the benefits that can be achieved with this program is that it allows you minimize the screen and mute the host computer.
Too lets block what the user wants people to see when the equipment is being remotely controlled. Finally, it should be mentioned that this app has a free trial for personal use only, while if you want download for business or corporate use then you must pay a monthly fee.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉