Today, Microsoft Word is regarded as one of the most comprehensive word processors to easily create, edit, personalize and manage documents. Since, it provides endless functions that simplify these processes and thus, guarantees quality results.
That is why, in order to help optimize the message behind the exposed content, in addition to allowing the inclusion of images to the texts, It also adds other functions typical of the most powerful graphic design tools; as it is the option to overlap shapes.
In this sense, if you wish show multiple images independent of each other and put one on top of another to give a better presentation to your document in Word, we invite you to read this post where we explain how to do it.
Usefulness of overlapping shapes What is this method for in Word?
As we mentioned at the beginning, Microsoft Word is a truly comprehensive software for producing high-quality digital documents, regardless of its theme. Therefore, throughout his career, he has focused on improving his attendance and especially, add new features that allow users to have a better experience.
For that reason, through its most modern versions, Word has excellent functions that, previously, you could only run in your own graphic design applications or programs. Either for mix or blend images, apply effects, add frames and even for superimpose shapes easily.
In this sense, basically, it is a functionality that allows you to place one element on another directly from Word, without having to resort to third-party tools. With which, as a result, makes a creatively designed document in the eyes of readers, At first.
But, added to that, said functionality available in Word also offers a great advantage with regard to the practical editing or management of a certain document. Since, once you superimpose one shape on another, you can rotate, rotate, arrange or resize them, simultaneously, just as if it will be a single shape or object.
Steps to Overlay Shapes in Microsoft Word Documents
Before proceeding to detail each and every one of the steps to follow to manage to put one shape on top of another in any digital writing done in Word, it is worth highlighting that this is a valid process both for shapes and images, as well as other objects of this type added in the document.
Now, it is time to start the procedure in question, below:
- First of all, you have to add the shapes you want to overlay in your Word document. For that, access said file and click on the “Insert” tab, inside the main window ribbon.
- After that, go to the Illustrations group and proceed to select the option “Forms”. In that way, a menu with all the available forms will be displayed and you must start choose one by one.
- Once these elements are inserted into the text, you can customize each one of them around its color, style, fill, outline or effects. from the “Format” tab in Drawing Tools (specifically in the options bar, from the top).
- Next, double click on one of the shapes you want to overlay and the same contextual tab of “Format” will appear. At this point, go to the Organize group and click on the “Wrap text” box and click on “In front of text”.
- Then, move said shape and place it on top of the one you need to superimpose. For later, follow the same procedure with the other objects to be superimposed there, until finished.
- Finally, if you want to manage this as a single element within the document, you can choose to group it. In this case, double click on one of the shapes and from the “Format” tab in Drawing Tools, click on “Group” in the Organize group.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉