When working with a word document the user has the possibility to apply a large number of tools in it with the aim of doing it a lot more professional and attractive to the reader. An important aspect to take into account is the page settings, especially if this is going to be printed.
The page settings it is nothing more than what the user should configure before printing the document, as they are sheet margins, paper size, sheet orientation, page breaks, among other aspects to take into account.
Despite being a basic tool when working in Word, many users still they do not know it or do not really know what its function is. That is why we are going to explain a little more below what it is about and how to use this function in the word processor.
What is a page setup in Word and what is it for?
It is important to mention that page setup is always present when working in word, and this is what the program assigns default values for these parameters, so most users work in the word processor without knowing that there is a previous page setup.
Keep in mind that this Configuration will change depending on the type of document you are working with and the needs of the person. With this function the editor will have the opportunity to establish the parameters he deems necessary, modifying three basic aspects for them as they are margins, page orientation, and paper size.
The most recommended when working on the word processor, is that before starting write on worksheet, I know modify these parameters, as this will make the text conform directly to the previous measures you have established.
And finally, it should be mentioned that this type of configuration is mostly done when the document is being created for printing and physical use. If it is to be used on the web, with Word defaults will be more than enough, unless they tell you some specific parameters.
Learn how to set up a page in a Word document correctly
Taking into account everything mentioned above, configure the word page is very importantespecially if the created document should be printed. This will allow it to have the necessary and correct measures in accordance with margins, paper size, and page layout.
That is why below we show you how to configure each of these aspects in an easy and fast way:
The first point to keep in count are the margins that you want to give the text with respect to the sheet. Mostly when working with some document that has been assigned at work or university, these usually have some parameters in specific what should you give at the time of work on them. In this way, here we are going to explain step by step how you can adjust these measurements in an easy and fast way.
To do this, follow each of these instructions:
- The first thing you will have to do is enter the Word ribbon.
- There you must select the tab “Page design” and in the section of “Page setup” you must select category e “Margins”.
- Now a window with various margin options that you can select. In case you want set these values then you must click on “Custom margins”.
- Here you will see a new box on screen where are you going to be able to modify each of the margins separately, This will allow you to give it the exact measurements that you need. You can also modify the position of the inner margin of the sheet.
- As you can see here you can also modify some other parameters as it is blade orientation and get a preview of the modified aspects.
- Once all this is done, the next thing will be to click on “To accept” for what the values you have modified are established. This way you can start giving the margins you want to your worksheet.
For modify the page size a process very similar to the one mentioned above must be carried out. Note that this will let you know in what kind of sheet can you print it, yes in one of letter size, A4 or you just want the sheet with a custom size.
To perform this procedure you must perform the following steps:
- To begin you must go to the ribbon and there select the tab “Page design”, now in the section of “Page setup” you must select the category of “Size”.
- Here i know it will display two optionshow can you see letter and A4 size. In case you want to configure this a little more you can click on more paper size.
- Here the window that was previously shown in “Margins” but this time from the tab “Paper”.
- As you can see in the section “Paper size” you will be able to select if you want the sheet to have the measurements of letter size, A4 or just have the values that you want to give.
- You can also get a preview of the results of the parameters you have chosen and you can select if you want the settings apply to the whole document or just part of it.
- Once all this has been modified, you must select the button “To accept” for what changes are made. This way you can start to change the sheet size of your documents in Word.
Finally, for modify the page layout in Word you can do it in a procedure similar to the two mentioned above. In this case you can do it by entering from the category of margins or size.
To do this, follow each of these steps:
- In this case, you must enter the tab “Page design” and select the category of “Margins” or “size”, Either one is valid in this case.
- Once you select some of these two you must click on “Custom margins” or “More paper size.”
- When you see the box “Page setup” on the screen you must click on the tab “Design”.
- As you can see here you will find different options, from “Section”, “Header and footer” until “Vertical alignment”.
- When you have modified these parameters according to your needs, you can make one preview of results. You can also indicate if you want these parameters are added to the whole document or only to part of it.
- Once all this has been modified, click on “To accept” for what changes are saved.
- In this way you will be able to modify the design of the page every time you need to work with a Word document.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉