For a long time, Telegram managed to be weighed as one of the main instant messaging apps in the world. Well, in terms of security, privacy, productivity and customization outperformed many similar alternatives.
That is why millions of users choose to use this platform to carry out your online communications effectively. Taking into account that, in order to optimize the experience of each person there, provides numerous options, tools and functions.
Thanks to this, users of Telegram have the possibility of anchor a message in any type of conversation in order to fix it at the top of the chat. If you want to know how is this done, we invite you to read this post.
What is the purpose of pinning messages at the top of a chat on Telegram?
While it is true, anchor messages on Telegram refers to a method that consists of a certain message stick to the beginning of everything in a chat. Reason why, this option serves so that this message is the first thing any user reads that you access a personal or group conservation and even an application channel.
Therefore, it turns out as a very useful tool to highlight an important message, while handling large chats that you cannot delete. Thus, it will be easier to locate the information contained in the message in question, without having to spend a lot of time on it and making it cumbersome for people. So, in short, it is ideal to keep certain messages of great interest visible.
Learn step by step how to pin a message to the top of a Telegram chat easily and quickly
If you need to pin a message to the top of any chat on Telegram, easily and quickly, of course, it is essential that you know how to do it correctly.
So, below, we explain what you have to do when it comes to a personal chat and also the procedure to follow to do it in a group (or channel):
From a personal chat
To begin, it should be noted that this procedure can only be carried out through the desktop version of the Telegram application, given that they have not yet added the relevant option to do it through the mobile app of Telegram.
So, without further ado, we explain each of the steps to follow:
- First of all, enter your Telegram account through its desktop application, compatible with Windows me MacOS.
- Then, search for the chat within which you want to pin a message to fix it at the top, either through the search engine or directly from the main window; and access it.
- Thereafter, right click on the message in question to get the corresponding context menu.
- Then, in the contextual menu, find and select the option that says “Set message” (1).
- After that, if you also want to set it in the other user’s chat, check the box that says “Set also for [nombre del usuario]”. Otherwise, skip this step (2).
- Finally, just subtract click on “Fix” and in this way, the chosen message can be displayed at the top of the conversation at all times, labeled “Message Pinned” (3).
Of a group
On the other hand, if you need to anchor a message within a group or channel, you should bear in mind that, the procedure to follow is the same for both cases.
For this reason, you have to execute the step by step that we show you below, in order to do it through the desktop version of the instant messaging app:
- As in the previous case, start with enter your Telegram account through your computer, that is, using the desktop version.
- Second, you have to search for the group or channel in which you want to post a certain message. This, either through the main page or using the search engine Telegram.
- Once you find the group or channel and enter it, proceed to locate the message you want to pin.
- Now, right click on said message and within the contextual menu obtained, choose the option that says “Set message” (1).
- Later, if you want all the users that belong to the group or channel to know about it, keep the box that says “Notify all members” selected (2). Otherwise, you have to uncheck it.
- Finally, it’s time to click on “Fix” and automatically, that message will be pinned to the top of the chat so that all users observe it at the beginning of the group or channel, once they access (3).
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉