Nowadays, TikTok is one of the most influential social networks worldwide. Thanks to the fact that, in a short time, it surpassed platforms such as Facebook, Instagram Y Snapchat in numbers of downloads. Furthermore, due to its innovative video format, managed to capture the attention of different audiences ranging from teens to people 40 and older.
Thus, the expansion of the social media app It has been huge and as a consequence, the majority of Internet users have chosen to register on the platform of Chinese origin. Mainly, in order to create an online presence, gain visibility and attract your target audience in a more entertaining and fun way.
However, in terms of security, TikTok has been a criticized service and that is why, many active users there prefer safeguard their integrity by improving the privacy of the content they post. Indeed, it is valuable to know how to post a private or friends-only video in this social network and that, we will show you below. Like, several recommendations to optimize your privacy within TikTok.
What are the benefits of putting private videos on TikTok?
While it is true, many members of the wider community of TikTok make use of the social network to unleash your creativity, gain popularity and socialize with other people around the world, in a pleasant way. However, as it is an online channel with great recognition, it is also a service that hosts haters or users who send spam and thus, they minimize the tranquility of others.
So for protect your TikTok profile in the face of possible threats or illegal actions in online terms, it is valuable make the videos you share private. Taking into account that, thanks to that, They will only be seen by you or by the users you decide.
Unlike public videos that are seen by any member of the application and are kept hosted on the server of TikTok, For nature. In this sense, put private videos in TikTok It is a functionality that the platform supports in order to provide benefits to its users at the level of security, privacy and protection.
Among these pros, we find the following:
- You will enjoy greater control over the content you make and thus, you will avoid dealing with the public that you do not want to see your clips of TikTok.
- You can take advantage of this to test the app’s filters and effects in order to create new content, but no one else will be able to see it.
- You will prevent haters or malicious users can stalk you with greater simplicity by watching the types of videos you make.
- It allows you improve the results of your videos when they are not ready to be published. Thus, you can retouch it soon with the tools it offers TikTok and, meanwhile, it will remain visible to you and / or your friends.
- It is an option that is used to create videos that you want only be recorded as a personal memory.
Learn step by step how to put a video private or just for your friends on TikTok
If you want to take advantage of this functionality of the social media app to acquire greater privacy, it is valuable that you know step by step how you can do it to avoid making mistakes during the process.
As a consequence, here we will show you what you have to do to make both a new video and a clip that has already been shared on your profile private:
In a new video
First of all, open the “+” section from the bottom of the screen to create your video, as well as adjust it with the help of the platform editor to obtain the desired result.
Next, you must do the following:
- Once you optimize the appearance of the video in question, click on the “Next” button located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- With the above, you will access the Publish section. There, you have to tap on the option “Who can see this video”.
- Subsequently, they will show you three available options and among them, you must click on “Private” (if you want the audiovisual element to be only visible to you). Also, you will have to “To accept” the conditions indicated by the social network at that point.
- In case you want your friends to be able to watch the video, it will be accurate choose the option “Friends”, instead of “Private”.
- After selecting the required option, just subtract press the “Publish” button on the bottom.
In a video already published
It is likely that by Privacy or because you want to optimize a certain clip in your profile TikTok, decide to put a private video when it is it has already been shared in the community.
Fortunately, the platform allows you to do it easily, by doing the following:
- Login to your account TikTok and enter your profile, selecting the “I” icon at the bottom right of the feed.
- Then on your profile page, search and access the video which you want to make private now.
- When it opens, you have to press the three dots icon which are located on the lower right side.
- Done the above, it is time to choose the option “Privacy Settings”.
- Next, press on “Who can see this video” and there, you have to select “Private” or “Friends” (depending on what you prefer, as in the previous case).
Tips to improve your privacy on TikTok to make your profile more intimate
In addition to the option available in TikTok to make a video private, the platform also offers other settings, solutions or possibilities so that each person can optimize their privacy and safeguard their integrity within the service, according to their requirements or expectations.
That is why, in this part of the post, we offer you some tips that will help you get a more intimate and secure TikTok profile:
Block offensive comments and spam
Although some tiktokers have good intentions, the truth is that others only access to annoy others with insults, advertisements and / or spam. If you want to avoid this to obtain a more private profile that does not allow access by malicious users, you will need set certain restrictions based on comments. In this case, before sharing your clips, you can disable the function that indicates “Allow comments” and thus, your publications will not be saturated with unwanted comments.
In addition to this, you can also set who can comment on your videos, carrying out the following procedure:
- Directly from your profile TikTok, access the Settings and privacy menu selecting the three points located in the upper right corner.
- Now, in the section of Bill, It’s time to click on “Privacy”.
- After that, they will show you several options and among those, you have to press “Who can comment on your videos” inside the section Security.
- Now it just remains choose the option you prefer. In general, to have a better protection of your videos, it is recommended to choose “Friends”.
For its part, for a greater blocking of offensive comments, it is also possible filter comments manually, in order to optimize your privacy and have a more personalized user experience.
This filter is configured through keywords, through the following steps:
- Through your profile page, enter the menu Settings and privacy for select the option “Privacy” inside section Bill.
- Subsequently, go to the bottom and, in Security, click on “Comment filters”.
- Followed by that, they present you with two options which are: Filter spam and offensive comments, filter by keywords. The first one, by default, is activated and works as an automatic moderator of TikTok.
- In case you prefer to activate the function “Filter by keywords”, you must slide the switch to the right and specify these terms in the option “Add keywords” to prevent these from showing up in your clips.
Avoid theft of your videos
Usually, TikTok It allows users to download other people’s videos without any restrictions. Which, despite its convenience to download content, has been criticized for the theft of videos that is generated in a simple way and that affects the exclusivity of users in the online environment.
But, luckily, it is possible to avoid it by doing what we indicate here:
- From your profile page, select the three dots located in the upper right corner to see the options available in Settings and privacy.
- After that, select “Privacy” in the Account section in this menu.
- Now, through the Security section, tap on the option that says “Allow the download of your videos”.
- Finally, proceed to click on “Deactivated” and thus, the social network will stop admitting it in your videos.
Block users on TikTok
If someone is annoying you on the platform or has even attacked you in any way and you prefer to avoid future problems, as well as optimize your privacy by not seeing it, the best thing is that you block it in TikTok. Thanks to this, you will no longer be able to see their comments in your videos or know absolutely anything about their movements there.
To do this, you need to do the following:
- Through your list of Followers or even through the section “Trends”, search for the user you want to block from your account.
- Next, enter your profile and touch the three dots located in the upper right corner from the screen.
- Next, you will be presented with several options and among them, you must click on “Block” and then confirm the action. That’s it.
Deactivate the famous Duets with anyone
One of the functionalities that has been most innovative in TikTok, are the Duets that allows you to do. Which, consist of combining the videos of other users with yours to create reactions that are fun, entertaining and engaging.
But, having this option enabled, any other user of TikTok you can use your video in this way, even to attack you. This, in view of the fact that there are many untrustworthy users who choose to use this functionality to intimidate you or give you a bad reputation, for example. Reason why, it is recommended Block strangers from Duetting your clips.
To achieve this, it is valuable to execute the following step by step:
- Open your TikTok account Y click on “I” at the bottom to enter your profile page.
- After that, tap the three dots in the upper right corner to access the Settings and privacy menu.
- In third place, choose the option “Privacy” within the Account section.
- Next, in Security, select the option that says “Who can make a Duet with your videos” and choose choose “Friends”.
- In addition to this, it is also recommended choose “Friends” in the part of “Who can paste your videos in others” so that unknown users don’t have the ability to react to your clips.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉