For remove Access customizations from scratch You need to know why it is convenient to delete them and how you can do this task without making mistakes.
Due to this, it will be necessary for you to read this article so that you know how you have to delete the customizations step by step of the ribbon and toolbar options. This will help you that no other user can modify your databases.
If you want learn how to change the default value of a ribbon or block the third-party app you will have to read this post to the end and not miss anything.
When is it convenient to remove all Access customizations?
Other users who have access to your computer may want to use the program. This is very common in companies where the information is managed by multiple employees. Since you do not know their level of programming knowledge it is better to remove the customizations. Be it themes, commands in the options bar or changes in the forms, it is worth it pass it to the standard version.
That opens the doors for others to generate their own customizations from scratch. In the same way, it facilitates the creation of new projects so that they do not follow the same parameters as the previous ones. You can too block online customizations so that no one can alter the predefined settings. Everything will depend on how you are using Microsoft Access and how is the intervention of third parties.
Learn step by step how to remove all custom Access settings
The steps you will have to do are:
- If you have changed the default theme of the database and you want to have the original, just go to display mode Design, then to the tab Archive.
- Once there select the command Topic And although there are several, choose the default one called Office theme.
- In the same way, to restore the default font in the same view Design“now choose the tab Sources in which you will be told which is the default font that you can select.
- For remove customizations made to the ribbon or commands click Archive and then click on Options.
- Then choose the function Active database.
- Now go to Ribbon and toolbar options. When you are in that sector you must delete all the content within the box Tape name.
- For the changes to the default value to be generated you will have to close the database and reopen it again.
Those modifications will occur throughout the application. However, it may you just want to go back to the default value on the command ribbon inside a report or form.
In this case you have to:
- Open the sheet form or report mode Design and press the key F4 to view the property sheet.
- Go to the top of the sheet and click Selection type for which controls the form or report is selected.
- When you’re done go to option Other inside the sheet and clears all the content that was inserted into Ribbon name.
If they have moved the margins of a report you can return them to original settings.
You should only:
- Open the report from display mode Preview.
- Continue to File tab and click Page setup.
- Then, you will have to go to the margin settings and stands 2.49 cm (or 24.99 mm failing that) for all margins.
- Head back to Archive and select save.
On the other hand, it may happen that you have made modifications in the preparer panel.
If now you only want to show the main panel once it starts, follow the steps:
- Go to the tab Archive and click Options, in which you can see the function Access Options.
- Tap on Active database and then in the drop down menu Show form. When you are done choose Panel and accept.
- As always to see the initial changes, you will have to close and reopen the database.
Finally, if what you want is to block an Access web application so that third parties cannot customize it, you must do the following:
- Opens the web application of Access.
- Head to Archive and later Save as.
- Choose there Save for deployment.
- Scribe the name and select the version of the deployment package you want.
- Now you will have to activate the box “blocked up” and click To accept.
- Select a location and once it is loaded who uses the copy of the Access application you won’t be able to see the Settings option.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉