When a document written in Microsoft Word you have the opportunity to have a series of functions that will allow program management is much simpler and more complete, no matter what type of data is being supplied in it.
This is how Word you can get what it is the page break tool, what is also known as the end points of the printers. They are the ones who tell the printers where finish one page to start printing on the other, for what to have Unwanted page skipping could become a big problem.
Although the function of this tool is better organize documents and pagination of them when working on them. On many occasions these are inserted automatically, what can generate inconvenience. That is why we are going to teach you below how to remove this function from Microsoft Word.
Why is it convenient to remove a page break in Microsoft Word?
As we already mentioned above, page breaks Its main function is to indicate to the printer where one page ends and the other begins. This means that for each page break that exists will be a sheet that will be printed, which can become a problem if some of these elements are where they should not or have been inserted by mistake.
Mostly this function usually add itself to documents, this happens because on many occasions when working in Word the user copies and pastes a lot of information from other sources, which can generate that in said information these jumps are included.
Being able to eliminate this function will undoubtedly it will give the possibility to reorganize your document, this will prevent there are complications in it, especially at the time of printing. In accordance with all this, next we are going to teach you the main steps so that you can start to remove this tool from your Word documents.
Steps to remove a page break correctly in Microsoft Word
Currently you can find two types of page breaks in Word documents, one of them are jumps that are added automatically to mark the end of each page, and the others are the ones are added manually to the document.
In this case you can delete only those that you add manually, that is you cannot delete those that are added automatically. However, these can be adjust where they occur, this way you can relocate them in the position you want, preventing the organization of your document from affecting you.
To remove and adjust these page breaks you must follow these steps:
Remove a page break
- To remove a page break from your Word document you must go to the “Options” and there select the tab “Start”.
- Then you must go to the section of “Edition” and click on “Search for”.
- Here you will see two options, in this case you must select “Advanced search”.
- A new window will open where you must select the tab “Replace” and then in “More”.
- In the new window that appears you must click on the option “Special” located in the lower left part of the window.
- There you will see a menu with several options, in this case you must select “Manual page break”.
- Once selected, in the “Search for” the symbol of “Manual page break”.
- Now in the box “Replace with” must be leave blank, since what is sought is to eliminate them but not replace them.
- The next thing will be to click on “Replace all” and in the window that appears there click on “To accept”.
- This way you can remove each of the special items that appear on the list. Once done, you simply must close the page and return to your text document.
Adjust automatic page breaks
As we already mentioned before automatic page breaks they can’t remove from word, but if possible adjust them to change location in case these appear where they should not.
In order to adjust this configuration, you must follow the steps that we will teach you below:
- The first thing will be to select the text paragraphs to which you want to apply the configuration.
- Once selected you must go to the “Options” and there you select the tab “Page design” and then you go to the section of “Paragraph”.
- Now you must click on the arrow that appears in the lower right corner to open the options window.
- When the window of “Paragraph” on screen you must select the tab “Lines and page break”.
- Here you will find four options where you must choose those that you think are necessary.
- Once selected, click “To accept” for the changes to take effect. This way you can start configure these jumps in your Word documents.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉