Today, we are going through a time when There are more and more services and platforms available that require a paid subscription so that users can use them. Taking into account that, a subscription refers to a payment that is made to access the content of an application, for example; for a specified period of time.
Now, one of the main characteristics of the subscriptions of any service is that in tend to renew automatically, unless you cancel them. Which could help you avoid paying certain surcharges that will surprise you during the month.
That is why many users have doubts about how to unsubscribe from this type of apps or services with subscriptions and, especially on iOS devices, since its users have a series of said alternatives available from Apple. Thus, to resolve all these doubts, we proceed to specify your details of greatest interest and also the steps to execute to be able to cancel a certain subscription on an iPhone or iPad.
Why should you remove the subscriptions you don’t care about from your iPhone or iPad?
As we mentioned before, with the remarkable diversity of apps and services available to Apple users, many of them choose to access them to test their operation and well, they decide to enjoy it for free for an unlimited time or even They are prepared to pay periodically for it. But nevertheless, on various occasions, these users wish to withdraw from said subscription.
Usually the main reason to delete a subscription that they are not interested in on an iPhone or iPad, is to save money (in case you are paying for it). Since, they must comply with the payment on the exact date or, otherwise, they could have certain problems with the service. Reason for which, it is best to unsubscribe as soon as possible.
In addition to this, another of the most common causes for canceling a subscription is because the user does not use it as it originally did. This being the case, it is much more profitable to decide to cancel it than to continue paying for something from which they no longer benefit.
Likewise, in those cases in which the user chooses to try a free trial version, it is also appropriate that do not forget to cancel this kind of “subscription”. Well, on the contrary, once the trial period is over, the service will begin to charge you the indicated charges in order to enjoy the app or the service. Thus, they will find unwelcome surprises on their iPhone or iPad.
Steps to delete all the subscriptions you want from your iPhone or iPad
If you want to view, review and cancel any current subscription you want from your iOS device, the process to follow is totally simple for any case.
But, before knowing what you should do specifically, it is appropriate to note that if you have registered for a free trial subscription or with a discount and do not want to renew it, You will need to cancel 24 before the end of the period. Apart from that, if you cancel a subscription, you can continue using it until the next billing date and, if it is a free trial and you choose to cancel it during the period, you will lose access to all content automatically.
Clarified the above, below, we detail each and every one of the steps to be executed both on an iPhone and also through an iPad, to erase any record of this type that no longer interests you:
On the iPhone
In case you use your iPhone to access the subscription service, you will have to go through the cancellation process directly from said terminal. Here, we present the steps to follow:
- To start, you have to enter the “Settings” menu of the iPhone.
- Then, click on “[Tu nombre]” and, now you must access the option “ITunes and App Store” found at the bottom of the “Subscriptions” section.
- After that, press on your Apple ID which is located in the upper part of the panel.
- At this point, you will have to click on “View Apple ID” to be able to log in there.
- After you have logged in, scroll through all the available options and click on “Subscriptions”.
- Once all of the above is done, you will be able to navigate among all your subscriptions and locate the one you want to cancel. Once you find it, you have to click on it.
- When accessing the subscription in question, you will see several details about it and a button located at the bottom that indicates “Cancel subscription”. Of course, you will have to press it and thus, you will immediately see a pop-up window that tells you when that registration will expire. Now to complete the override, simply click on “Confirm” and you’re done.
On the iPad
For those iOS users who prefer to manage this type of process from their iPad, there is also the alternative to carry it out easily. Taking into account that it is a very similar procedure to the one that must be executed from an iPhone and, without further ado, we specify each of the steps right away:
- Initially, open the app “Device configuration”.
- Secondly, press your name and, among all the available options, click on “Subscriptions”. Yes, you do not see this selection directly, you will have to access “iTunes and App Store”> Click on “View Apple ID”> Sign in> Click on “Subscriptions”.
- Then, Find and touch the subscription you want to manage or cancel once and for all. In case you can’t find it, we advise you look up the subscription charge to verify that it is an iTunes or Apple service.
- Once you enter the details of the subscription, press the “Cancel” button to be able to cancel it. If you do not see said button in this section, it is most likely that said registration has already been canceled and it will not be renewed, for sure.
Will I lose access to the applications if I unsubscribe?
One of the most common doubts when unsubscribing from a certain service or application with subscription plans, is the probability that exists or not to continue enjoying all its functions.
Given this, it is worth clarifying that, if it is a paid app, you will not be able to access beyond the time you have already paid before unsubscribing. That is, you simply have the possibility to continue using the service for the time you have already paid. But, if the subscription belongs a free trial period, you may lose access to the content immediately.
However, there are certain exceptions to subscriptions related to free trials of a certain app or service in which they decide to charge a subscription after starting.
So, if you choose to delete a subscription of that class while the trial period is running, you will surely stop enjoying its functions automatically. But, in other cases and depending on the developers, users have the ability to fully enjoy the trial and, even so, afterwards they will not have to cancel absolutely anything.
Finally, highlighting other details of interest, it is appropriate to distinguish that, even if you have decided to cancel a subscription at a certain time, then you can re-subscribe in that same service or mobile application, without any inconvenience. This, thanks to the fact that they are all related to your Apple ID and thus, they admit the possibility of registering and unsubscribing without any restriction or whenever the user wishes.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉