The unlock pattern is a tool used to keep your mobile device private. It allows Unlock the computer screen every time it goes into lockdown.
You can have endless possibilities, so it is very important to memorize it correctly or save the design of the pattern in a safe place. In case you forget, you can recover it and unlock your device without problems.
In this tutorial we are going to explain step by step, the different ways you can use to unlock your phone if you have forgotten the pattern, without the need to reset your device.
What is the unlock pattern and what other methods to lock the mobile are there?
As the name implies, Unlock pattern is a tool used to unlock your device. This in case of a screen lock, either due to inactivity or because the user pressed the lock button; this is only possible if this option is activated in the phone settings.
It offers a very good advantage and is that of have greater control over user privacy. In addition to having the most secure data of all those curious people.
- To do it you just have to go to “Settings”> “Security”> “Device security”> “Screen lock”, here are offered different ways to do it.
- You can choose the method you prefer. In this case we will use the “Pattern”.
What other methods to block the mobile are there?
There are other methods to lock and therefore unlock the mobile device or tablet. These can even be mixed together to enhance security, and in turn function as an alternative system in case the others fail for some reason or you don’t remember.
This method or tool is divided into others, each with a higher level of security compared to the previous one. As we mentioned, you can use several at the same time, as long as your equipment allows it. Among the different methods are:
- None: basically your mobile or tablet will not have any security method, so the screen can be turned off by saving mode. But by pressing any key, it will be ready to be used. Therefore, the security level is null.
- Slide: as its name implies, to unlock the device you just have to slide your finger across the screen, or click on the lock icon that appears on it. This only prevents your device from being accidentally unlocked when stored in a pocket. Which means, 0 security.
- Pattern: you will have to draw a pattern to your liking. Once you have finished, it is recommended that if you think it will be difficult for you to memorize it, draw the model on a sheet so as not to lose track. This security method is more difficult to break, and it is recommended that only you or the people you trust know about it.
- Pin: is a short and numeric code, between 4 to 7 numbers. It is advisable to use a sequence that no one knows and that is a difficult combination for others, but easy for you.
- Password: if what you want is to use an alphanumeric code, this will be the one you can best use. Try to write it down and keep it in a safe place to always have it available in case you forget it.
This mechanism is an easy tool and quite safe in many cases to unlock your equipment, since just by putting your finger in the indicated place, the equipment will be unlocked quickly.
Mobile device in many cases it will recommend and force you to also use another form of security, this in case you exceed the limits to do it. Because this is more delicate, because if the finger or the place where it goes is dirty, wet, greasy or poorly positioned, it will not be able to recognize it and you will reach the attempts to execute it.
The smart unlock allows you to configure parameters to unlock your device in certain areas or strategic places that you entrust to it. Similarly, this it may depend on the movement that is given to the team. Which avoids having to always be blocking it manually.
For example, If the mobile is on a flat surface, you can program it to unlock or lock, as you wish. If it’s on the move or in your pockets, you can signal it to lock. If you are at your home or work office, you can schedule it to unlock. Everything varies depending on the configuration that is made.
The options are very varied, you can go looking at the one that your device has available and try with the one you like the most.
This is a more current method and will depend on whether your device has this feature added. With this I know makes it easy to unlock your device by scanning your face; something very similar to using your fingerprint.
Steps to remove the pattern from the screen without resetting the Android terminal
There are different steps that you can apply to temporarily remove or change the screen unlock pattern of your mobile device or tablet. For some it is necessary to have certain prerequisites, so take them into account before starting with them.
With the unlock PIN
If you have failed all the allowed times to unlock your mobile screen using the pattern, you can choose to use the PIN code to enter. You choose the option of “Insert pin code” and put the key that you have created. If not, try some generic options like: 0000 and 1234.
A simple method that you can try to do it is the following:
- Choose another mobile device and make a call to the team which presents the drawback.
- Take the incoming call. At that time your mobile will be unlocked.
- Take advantage now without hanging up the call, access the menus of this that appear on the screen. Look for the option of “Security settings” and removes the lock, either by number, PIN or pattern.
It is available for any device, as long as it can receive calls.
Android Device Manager
It is important that you have this option already installed on your device before trying to unlock it. If you don’t have it, don’t worry, we provide the download link a little further down.
In case you have already installed it, you have to do the following:
- Login to “Find my Device”, you can use your computer, tablet or other mobile.
- You will log in with your username and password Google or Gmail. Remember that they must be the same ones you have used on your mobile.
- Now select the device for which you don’t remember the combination.
- Choose the option “To block”.
- Enter the new unlock code (this will be temporary).
- Press again on “To block”.
- When you go to enter your mobile, you should see a screen with the possibility of entering the new code that has been created.
- Now, you should go immediately to “Settings” and then to “Security” to change the temporary code, for a new one that you will not forget.
This option is very useful, in order to use it you need an Internet connection and have the tool previously installed on the blocked device, and in turn on the computer that you will be using to enter. Remember that both have to be synchronized with the same Google account.
Samsung Find My Mobile
This method is only available for Samsung devices, it offers you to search for the device you have lost. But it will also allow you to remove the unlock pattern. Keep in mind that you must have a registered account to use the program. Likewise, your mobile device or tablet must be associated with it.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- Login with your Samsung username and password.
- On the left you can see your locked device. Keep in mind that your mobile You must be previously registered with the account you used to enter.
- Now you are going to click “Unlock screen”.
- You will select “To unlock” and wait a few minutes.
- A confirmation message will appear that you have deleted the pattern or password from the mobile.
With Google account
As in other cases, to unlock this option you have to have placed the key or pattern in the wrong way, or reach the number of times allowed to choose the option of “Did you forget the pattern?” In it you must press.
You will be asked for the Google (Gmail) email and password that you have linked to your mobile, enter these data and press “Log in”. You will only have to wait a few minutes while the verification process is finished.
Once the previous process has finished, your device will be unlocked and you will be able to create a new password or unlock pattern.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉