Many times the possibility of doing a hard reset or restarting the phone with factory settings has crossed our minds, but for fear of not doing it correctly and for not knowing the consequences, we have ended up abandoning the idea.
This process to return to the initial values is not complex at all, but you have to know that a factory reset makes the phone look like the first time it was taken out of the box, so it is very important that the first step is to make a backup to be able to keep everything you don’t want to lose photos, videos, music, contacts and information from your phone.
So now you will no longer have excuses not to restart your phone because We will show you the steps to follow to reset the iPhone 7 with factory settings, to forget about those continuous problems of unexpected reboots, late keyboard responses, connectivity problems with WiFi or Bluetooth, performance problems, or simply because you are going to give or sell your cell phone to someone else and you don’t want them to have access to all the data.
Steps to restart your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and return to the initial values even if it is locked
Apple offers its users a wide variety of methods to carry out a complete reset of their iPhone 7 mobile. All of them are very easy to apply and it will not take you more than a few minutes to do so. Next we show you which are each one.
From iPhone 7
If we want to reset and restore the factory settings of our Apple smartphone we must follow these steps:
- Walk into “Settings “
- We will look for the tab “General” among the phone options.
- Once inside the general tab, we will scroll to the bottom where we will find the option “Restore” and we will select the “Delete contents and settings “
- It will tell us to place our unlock code, we have to enter it.
- And finally we will select Delete Now so that our cell phone is reestablished.
Something that you should keep in mind if you are going to change your device is that you must make a backup copy before proceeding to restore your mobile so as not to lose any of your information. There are several ways to make a backup, but here we will show you a very simple one, you must go to the option Settings and search iCloud.
Once inside the iCloud menu, you will look for the option Backup. You must activate the button ICloud copy, and from that moment on, the process to create and save your backup will begin. It should be noted that these copies will begin to be made automatically from time to time, but you only have 5GB of space in the cloud.
If you want to store more information you will have to pay for an iCloud subscription that gives you unlimited storage to save all the information you want.
Hard Reset on IPhone 7 from iTunes
In case that forget or do not know the unlock code, we can reset the phone through iTunes with these steps that we will describe below
- The first thing we must do is connect our iPhone 7 to a computer that you already have the iTunes application installed, we will verify that the battery is fully charged, we will plug in the cell phone and follow these steps:
- If the message “Trust this computer?You will select yes and continue.
- With the phone on or off, we will press and hold the volume down button and on / off button.
- After about 10 seconds the screen will show us the Apple icon, we must keep both buttons pressed and the cell phone will enter mode DFU (Device Firmware Update).
- Our computer must indicate that the iPhone is in DFU mode. The option to Restore will appear on the iTunes screen, which we will select, and we will accept all the terms and conditions that it indicates.
- We can only wait for our phone to be reestablished and once the process is finished, we can continue using our smartphone, yes, we must configure it with a new password.
Restore iPhone without iTunes, with a program
Tenorshare iCareFone is the name of this wonderful program that will allow us to factory restore the device, super easy and without a password, it is also a file explorer, a cleaner and even an optimizer for IOS.
- The first thing will be to search in our browser and download Tenorshare iCAreFone.
- Once done, you will start the program on your computer and access the option “More Tools “, and select the option “IOS System Repair “.
- The option “Advanced Mode “, it will help you to delete all the content of the device and restore all the settings as factory.
- You will proceed to download a file called iOS firmware and when the download is complete, your phone will be restored as factory.
How to perform a force restart on your iPhone 7?
Another thing you can do to reset your iPhone or iPad device It is a forced restart in case the mobile lags and cannot function normally. For this you must use the volume down and on / off buttons on the phone, what we must do is keep both buttons pressed until we Apple logo appears on the screen, once this happens the restart of the mobile phone will already be in process.
The purpose of this is to solve problems with applications that freeze or when the screen does not respond, with this mode we can restart our device without having to delete anything.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉