IPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus They are one of Apple’s newest models, equipped with aspects that make them stand out as top-of-the-range devices, such as the powerful A11 bionic chip. However, these smartphones, like all, they can fail and give us problems that are difficult to find solutions.
Sometimes we use our mobile so much for various work, study or entertainment tasks that over time it begins to fail. Sometimes overloading a device with files can slow it down, or maybe if you are one of those who have all the apps open at the same time, your team has begun to show signs that something is wrong or has hung up without being able to do anything. In these cases, just like when you are going to sell or give away the device, it is best to restore the configuration and leave the mobile as new.
To reset an iPhone 8, no need to have computer or technological knowledge, since through the device or a computer it is easy to force the restart and return to the factory settings to leave the mobile without documents, apps or accounts. So, we will explain all the methods you can use, so that you can choose the one that suits you according to the state in which the equipment is.
Steps to restart your iPhone 8 and return to the initial values
There are several ways to return these computers to their factory settings. Some of them are faster, others are useful when you have forgotten details such as the pattern or unlock key and you need to use your mobile, but all are undoubtedly very easy to apply.
Therefore it is not necessary that you resort to a technical service and spend money, because the Apple system allows you to do it from the device or from the computer in a simple way. Below you will see several methods, each one is ideal in different circumstances
iTunes is the player and content store developed by Apple for all its computers. Through the computer version it is possible to make various adjustments and changes on an iPhone, among which a hard reset stands out.
When you resort to this method it is because you have possibly forgotten the mobile unlock code and you don’t know how to overcome screen lock. Although there is also the possibility that it has simply been running slowly for a while and you want to do this so that it regains its usual agility.
- The first thing you should do is connect your iPhone to Mac computer that you have the iTunes program installed.
- Most likely you will get one on-screen notification with a message asking you to authorize the computer, as well as a code. You must follow all the steps they ask you and then open iTunes.
- Go to the account summary and select the option “Restore iPhone“.
- Confirm the process when you get a warning message.
- The rest it will be done automatically and when your device has been restored, you can use it as a totally new mobile.
From the iPhone mobile
Another very simple way to reset and restore your iPhone or iPad to factory settings, it is from their own interface when they still work and do it through a option in settings. Just follow these simple steps:
- Walk into “Settings ” on the phone, it is a cogwheel or gear shaped icon.
- Find the tab “General” among the cell phone options.
- Scroll down until you find the option “Restore” and we will select the “Delete contents and settings “
- They will ask you for the mobile unlock code, enter it and continue with the process.
- Finally select “Delete Now” for the cell phone to reset automatically.
With external software
The third option you have to do the reset with a software external to Apple. Tenorshare iCareFone is a program which will allow you to factory restore the device without a password. In addition, it has interesting management functions such as the file explorer, cleaner and even an optimizer for iOS.
- The first thing will be to download Tenorshare iCAreFone, We leave you 100% secure links for both the Windows and MacOS versions.
- Then you connect the iPhone to the computer and open the program.
- Access the option “More Tools “, and select “IOS System Repair “.
- Now you must click on “Advanced Mode “, it will help you to remove all content from the device and restore all settings to factory settings.
- Now you will have to download a document called iOS firmware and when the download is complete your phone will be factory restored.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉