Resetting a mobile phone can be a good option to avoid slow operation, to clean it if you want to sell or give away or in that case to protect it from viruses. But, It should be taken into account that when a device is reset all its applications will be eliminated from the system. As well as the contacts, photos, videos or any other information that it contains.
A good format can make the mobile start working with all its functions in a correct way. As usual, when doing a reset, it is because the screen has been frozen, black or totally white. It can also be done when the system becomes very slow, among many other reasons.
Taking into account all the above and knowing this as an alternative to solve any type of problem with your Smartphone, we are going to show you which are the steps to follow so that you can return to the factory settings of your LG, in a correct, fast and safe way. However, before doing this it is recommended that you save all the necessary data through a backup copy.
Steps to restart your LG device and return to factory settings
Restart or resetting to initial values is a complex very similar to formatting computers. This will delete all the information from the internal storage of the device, in this way it will be as recently purchased from an agency.
This practice is recommended to be used from time to time, since a reset of the initial configuration of the terminal will allow it to function as new. Before doing this, it is preferable that you remove the SD card for security reasons.
To know how to restore an LG you must follow the following steps and methods that we put at your disposal:
- From your LG mobile phone you must access the part of “Settings” system, this can be done from the notification bar or the menu.
- After you have entered “Settings ” you must look for the section “general“, there you must click on”Backup and Restore“, then select the option”Automatic Restore“or in that case”Factory restoration“.
- Once you have reached this point, new controls will be opened to you to be able to continue with the process in a correct way. Here you will see the option “Restart the Phone“, this will generate that do a hard reset. This will take a little time to wait.
- After a few minutes the equipment will turn on automatically and the factory settings will be restored, that way you can get a totally new LG operationally.
Unfortunately sometimes this method does not work in a correct way, especially when the mobile is bricked or disabled due to a software problem. For this type of case there are other methods.
Restore from boot
This is another formatting method for your LG, it is used especially for when the device has a password which does not allow you to access the menu of it, or make use of it.
In order to carry out this process, you only have to follow the following steps:
- The first step to carry out this is to turn off the device, once this is done, the battery must be removed from the mobile, then one must hold down button combination common that in this case are essential to be able to carry out this method.
- The buttons used are the volume key (-) and the power button. Both must be pressed simultaneously until the team logo is activated.
- Once the LG logo has appeared on the computer screen, you must release the power button and quickly press it again until the menu comes out.
- After you have entered the menu you must use the volume (-) and (+) buttons to be able to scroll in it, while the on / off buttons to access the different options that appear there.
- Within the options menu you must choose “And it is”, for this you must press the power button.
- The system will send you a notice of confinement in order to continue with the process which you must accept.
- You will see the option “Factory restore“You will select this by pressing the power key and the installation process will begin immediately.
- When starting the installation of your mobile the same it will restart which will take a few minutes.
- The mobile turned on again you just have to reconfigure it, this you will logging into your Google account, just enter the data that is requested and you can start enjoying your smartphone again.
From the computer
Another possible method to format your smartphone is with the help of your computer. To do this simply you must follow the following steps:
- To start this process you must connect your Smartphone with your computer, you will do this through the USB cable, now your computer has recognized it, you can start to reset your LG.
- Then you must access your phone’s menu and go to the part of “Settings“and then to the development options.
- After completing this process, the next step is enable the USB Debugging option from the device.
- Then, from the Windows computer, you should look for the option “Run“, we wrote cmd and finally we click on accept.
- Once these first steps have been completed, the command console will appear on the computer screen. There you must write Adb shell and finally enter will be given.
- A window will appear again, that is where you should write “wipe data“, click on accept and then we write”reboot system” and accept.
- After you have done all this correctly, your phone will start to restart, this may take a few minutes. Keep in mind that if it takes a while it is normal, you should not worry about it.
- Once it has turned on again, all the data, applications and information that were in it will have been deleted, it only remains to start configuring it through google account and all other data requested by the system.
These three methods will help you to get a fast and secure format for your computer. However, if the operating system persists, we recommend that you perform an update of the entire operating system, keep in mind that sometimes it is preferable to change it for an improved or lighter one.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉