Being able to enjoy Android applications on a Mac computer undoubtedly offers a lot of advantages to users of this operating system, especially because Apple has a lot of restrictions that make many applications not compatible with this OS.
That is why Android currently has a large number of applications available being this far superior to what can be found on Apple, especially if they are video games, since most developers are more focused on the Android operating system.
So here we’ll show you how you can run these applications on your Mac, so you can begin to expand your experience with this OS. To do so, follow in detail everything we’re going to show you in the post.
What are the benefits of running Android applications on a MacOS computer?
As mentioned above, being able to enjoy these apps on a MacOS computer becomes a real advantage for the user, since it will allow them to expand their experience on their computer. This will allow you to enjoy the best Android applications directly from your computer. In addition, it becomes an excellent alternative if you have an Android smartphone and want to enjoy these apps contained there on your machine.
With all this in mind, here are the main benefits of running these apps on your MacOS:
- You can enjoy Android applications directly from the Apple operating system.
- It allows you to install a wider variety of video games than you’ll find only at the Apple Online Store.
- The user can expand his experience on the Mac computer.
- In case you have an Android mobile device, you will be able to integrate both the terminal’s and the device’s apps.
- You can enjoy two OS in one.
Steps to install Bluestack on MacOS and run Android applications
Many times the user for some reason wants to try some application belonging to the Android operating system, but unfortunately does not have a smartphone nearby to do so or can not install the Android SDK. In this type of case the most recommended is to install the BlueStacks software on your Mac, because with this program you will be able to enjoy a large number of Android apps in a very simple way.
Therefore, here we show you how to install BlueStacks on your machine and thus run this type of program on it. To do so, simply follow each of these steps:
- To get started, you must download and install BlueStacks on your MacOS (link below).
- Once downloaded, the next thing to do is to install it. To do so, double click on the icon to start the installation process.
- There are two ways to install Android apps on MacOS, the first one is by using a marketplace or copying the apks to a folder. Therefore, here we select the two options shown on the screen and click on “Install”.
- While the installation is being done, which usually takes a few minutes, several OS programs will appear on the screen. When the software has been successfully installed, you will see two icons on the desktop, one of them is “Start BlueStacks” and the other “App”. If you want to run a program, select the first one, to install a new application select “App”.
- Please note that when you enter some of the two icons you may be prompted to update your graphics card drivers, in this case select “Update” to continue.
- Once the drivers are updated, BlueStacks will take a few seconds to start.
- Once the software has been started, the installation process is complete. Here you can not only install mobile applications, but you can also synchronize the data of the apps with a real device. To do this you must select the “1-click Sync” icon and then you must install it on each of the computers in what you want to do, for this you must enter a verification code that the program will give you.
- Once all this is done, you only have to start installing the Android application you want, for this you must perform the following steps:
- In this case, the “Astrid” task manager will be installed. To do this, select the search bar and there write the correct name of the app to find it.
- When you select the “Install” option, you will need to choose the marketplace you want to use, here you will see three generally, the first one belongs to “BlueStacks” and which does not require you to create an account, in the case of the other two you will have to register to create your account and be able to access them.
- In this case the first option is chosen to make the process faster. Once the app is installed it will work exactly the same as it does in Android. From this moment you can start enjoying it.
Better multi-platform applications you can install on Android and MacOS
Mobile app developers have more and more tools that allow them to create multi-platform programs, whether they are available for the Android or Mac operating system. Although more of them are now available for only one operating system, it is also possible to find a large number of them that are available for both platforms.
Therefore, here we are going to show you which are the best three multiplatform applications that you can start using in both OS, for that follow the list that we will show you next:
The first application we show you is Snapseed, an app dedicated to photo editing, which is completely free on both operating systems. It offers a lot of tools that will help you to give the necessary touches to improve the quality of the image.
For this you have rotation tools, cuts, curves, glosses, filters, depth elements, among many others that will help you achieve the desired results.
Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe Photoshop is undoubtedly one of the most important programs of recent times, which began to be designed exclusively for computers, but today already has its mobile version. It can be used for both the Android and Mac operating systems without the need to require special software for installation.
This program is considered one of the most popular and advanced for what is the edition of photographs, so here the user will find a lot of editing tools that will allow you to get the desired results. It can be installed completely free in both OS.
If you are a music lover and you have the Apple Music application on your Android phone, then you will be able to use it directly on your Mac without the need to require a third-party emulator or software to install it on your computer.
With Apple Music the user has the opportunity to have a very wide library of music where you can enjoy tunes from all genres, as well as the latest hits. This program becomes a very good option to keep abreast of new music and thus spend pleasant moments listening to your favorite artists.
List of the best Android emulators for MacOS alternative to Bluestack
As mentioned earlier in the post, MacOS is not the best alternative when it comes to testing applications, especially if they are video games. This is because this operating system is not compatible with all applications, which makes it have a much lower number of available apps than the Android operating system.
That is why nowadays many users turn to Android emulators in order to have this OS in their Mac, this will allow them to have a better experience in it and thus be able to enjoy all the apps available in that mobile system.
So, here we show you the best Android emulators that you can start installing on your MacOS:
One of the most popular emulators in recent times has been Andyroid, which is based mainly on what are the instant messaging applications and services and not so much on games, although it allows to carry out a lot of them. This means that if you are looking for a way to have the WhatsApp, Instagram, Viber, Line app, among others in your machine, then this program becomes an excellent option.
In case you want to play an Android game on your Mac, you have the advantage of using your smartphone as a control, since it has a compatibility that allows you to sync both devices. In addition, it offers a large number of options and features that will help you have a very attractive and enjoyable experience on it.
NoxPlayer has become one of the most preferred emulators by users behind BlueStacks, this is because it offers a lot of features and tools that allow its users to enjoy a lot of elements. Also, unlike Andyroid, this Android emulator is mainly focused on video games.
This means that if you’re a fan of games on this operating system and want to start having them on your Mac, NoxPlayer will help you have a truly unique experience. One of its main advantages is that it offers several accounts per registration, meaning that the user can sign in to several computers without the activity of each one being affected.
This is a very different Android emulator from the rest, it is not based mainly for the common user who is looking for apps to play games or any other kind of program, but it is specialized for developers who need to create Android applications. Therefore, with GenyMotion the user can emulate more than 3000 Android device configurations.
All this becomes an excellent option for developers to work in a more comfortable and secure way. Because it is a software to create apps, it is not free, that is why it has a value of 99 euros per year and offers more than 1000 minutes of test so that the developer can experience the program before acquiring it.
KoPlayer is another of the most sought after Android emulators in the online market, just as NoxPlayer specializes in the area of games, making it another excellent option if you want to start running Android games on your Mac. Although its specialty is games, it also gives you the ability to install any other app available on Google Play.
This way, the user can also start using instant messaging, music and photo apps, social networks, among many others that you can install on your machine to make use of it. Like most, KoPlayer can be installed completely free on your computer.
Finally, to conclude the list of Android emulators, we present you VirtualBox, another of the most sought after software to turn your MacOS computer into an Android. This program gives you the ability to use all the applications found in Google Play, so you can enjoy messaging apps, music, social networks, photos, video recording, games, among many others. All this has led it to become one of the most efficient emulators in recent times.
To ensure its proper functioning and performance, the same program is responsible for controlling the hardware and resources that are necessary to ensure optimal operation, thus avoiding damage or problems when running any app. Like most emulators, VirtualBox can also be downloaded completely free of charge.