When working with any type of document, be it a text document, calculation or presentation, always you run the risk that this file can reach be modified by a third party, especially if it is to be shared by email or uploaded to a cloud platform where other people can have access to it.
And it is that I not only know you run the risk that other people may modify the content of the file, but you can also get to be a victim of plagiarism, so it is very convenient be able to secure the content that has been created there and prevent it from being available to unauthorized persons.
Luckily this microsoft program allows its users to protect each of your presentations so that other people cannot modify it, this will allow them block all content that is stored there like a security measures. That is why here we are going to teach you how you can save each of your presentations so that they cannot be modified, To do this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you below.
Why should you protect your PowerPoint presentations?
There are many reasons why lUsers must protect each of their presentations so that other people cannot edit them. And is that power creating a presentation to be shared with other people is not an easy task, especially because it is due add a lot of important information in order to teach some kind of content to your readers, so it is essential to be able to take care of everything that is reflected there.
When you share a document by email, for cloud server or by any other web platform, the user You run the risk that your file may be modified and edited by third parties without your authorization., so all the information you have added there may be compromised as well as your reputation if it is a major delivery Either for work or for an educational institution.
Y Not protecting this type of file does not only mean that it can be edited by third parties without your authorization., but you can also become plagiarism victim, so that your presentation can become an exact copy of many more presentations. Therefore, the best way to be able avoid this and ensure your safety, it is protecting each one of your PowerPoint presentations when saving.
This will guarantee that all users who access it when sharing it on the web you can only see how reading mode, that is, they will not be able edit or modify it, as this will not be allowed. This allows the creators of all these files to have a backup and greater security when sharing content on the Internet.
Learn step by step how to save a presentation in PowerPoint that is not modifiable
There are different ways to be able to save a presentation in PowerPoint by what is cannot be modifiable, this in case you want prevent third parties from accessing it. This method is recommended to be applied every time it is needed share said file online, where many other users may have access to it.
That is why here we explain how to perform this procedure in an easy and fast way:
- Once you have your finished presentation and be sure you don’t need modify anything else in it, then the following will be keep it protected to ensure no other person can reach edit it without your permission.
- To do this you must click on the tab “Archive”.
- There a new window will appear with a menu on the left side of your screen, in it you must select the item from “Information”.
- Now a new page will appear with four different options, the first of which is about “Protect presentation” and it is with which it is going to work. When you click on it, a new drop down menu.
- As you can see here you will find different options to block access to your content, the first of which is about “Always open as read only”, this will prevent readers can make any type of change to the document, so all the information contained there will be completely safe.
- You can also make use of the last option “Mark as final” this will allow you indicate to readers that the presentation is already final, so it will be impossible to carry out any type of modification or change in the data stored there.
- You can too “Add a digital signature” this signature is invisible but the same will guarantee that the content stored there cannot be modified or copied, so it will prevent said file from being copied by third parties.
- As you can see you can also make use of the option “Encrypt with password” if you use this option then it is necessary that you create a password to access your presentation so only those people who know it can access it. This method is recommended to use when you have to share the file on a public site but it is only aimed at a few users, so it is convenient lock it with password and that only those who are interested have it.
- And finally you can “Restrict access” in this case you will be the one to decide what person accesses the presentation or notIn addition, if the user has the permission to access it, this You will not be able to edit, copy, or print it, so you can only see it in read mode.
Taking into account each of these protection options offered PowerPoint, the user has the possibility to choose the one that more suited to your needs, so you can guarantee the integrity of all content stored there at the moment of having to share it in some web platform or via email.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉