A very favorable function for users who constantly work with their computers, is that of automatic on and off. Thanks to it, they can establish when they want their teams to are available for work and when to shut down.
It has become very popular especially for users of Windows, so we will teach you everything you need to know regarding how to schedule Windows 7 automatic on and off using a step-by-step guide.
This can save you a lot of work time. For example, if you usually perform manual backups, you can schedule the computer to start up overnight, and perform automatic tasks such as being the backup destination for other computers. This is very interesting, especially for small companies or study centers.
What should we take into account when programming automatic on and off?
There are certain details that the user must bear in mind when deciding to use the automatic on and off schedule from your computer. On the one hand there is everything related to the processor and, on the other, everything related to the battery.
Here we explain each point:
In a bit of a technical way, the processor is the central processing unit of your PC. It is in charge of processing or submitting to a series of operations all the information entered on the computer or mobile phone.
In this sense, you should know that when you program an automatic on and off, logically many aspects such as the processor influence. The reason is that here are directed all the actions that are going to be executed in the equipment. So, make sure you have a decent processor so that everything flows correctly.
On the other hand, the battery is another aspect that must be taken into account when executing these types of functions. The reason for this is that when a computer is turned on or off there is a percentage of battery used during the process. As a consequence, we recommend that your PC have at least 15% battery so that the actions run smoothly.
Learn step by step how to schedule automatic on or off in Windows 7
After keeping in mind all the details that you should consider when using your computer’s automatic on and off function, it is time to start the configuration to make the task possible.
Let’s see the steps below:
Program the ignition
To schedule your PC to turn on in Windows 7, there are two ways to do it. On the one hand there is the option to do it via BIOS of the motherboard, which despite being valid is very limited since you can only choose to turn on at a certain time a single day or every day. If you want to customize the power functions much more, it is best to use third-party tools. The most recommended is WakeupOnStandBy.
With the help of this software you can set on hours easily, thanks to its simple interface. One of the great benefits it has for the user is that it allows set the number of times to repeat the taskSo you are not limited in choosing between every day or just one day.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Download the program and unzip the folder.
- Later, run the file “Wosb.ex”.
- Once inside the application window, set in the section Specify time to wake up computer, the time and day for the first automatic start of your computer.
- When you finish, go to the section of Repeat these tasks and set the repetition you need. Keep in mind that you can choose if you prefer it to be repeated every day, certain days, etc.
- In conclusion, tap on the Start button and the software will be configured.
To schedule shutdown of your Windows 7 computer the procedure varies a bit since you will not need to resort to third-party software.
The step by step to achieve it is as follows:
- Go into Control Panel and select the icon Security system.
- In there, go to the option Management tools which is located at the bottom of the window. After that, click on Schedule tasks to begin setup.
- Inside of the Task scheduler, you have to create a new one in the option Create basic task. This option is found in the right panel of the screen.
- Enter the task name and description Of the same.
- Then in the new window Indicate how often you want the computer to turn off. You can choose from various options such as daily, monthly, in special events, etc. Then click Next.
- In the next window, indicate the date you want it to start working the activity and the time it will take place. Besides, it indicates how many days the action will be repeated. Tap on Next when you’ve done it.
- Select the first option from Start a program, in the window corresponding to Indicate the action.
- Later you will be shown the option to Examine, so you can set a route for the shutdown. In these cases, you must find the program.exe or writing the path C: Windows System32 shutdown.exe.
- A new window will appear where the information regarding the activity you created is displayed. Tap on Finalize to activate it.
This is how fast and easy you will have configured your equipment so that it can turn on and off automatically. Once you get used to this functionality, you will not want to abandon it as it can help you save a lot of time. For example, whenever a computer is started from scratch it takes a few minutes for all programs to start correctly. But If you have the start time programmed, when you go to start working you will have everything loaded correctly.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉