Nowadays, Word is cataloged as one of the most complete word processors in the computing environment. Since, it provides an endless number of options that simplify the processes of preparation, editing, personalization and management of any document.
That is why most people choose access this program to create your digital writing. Especially when it comes to redactions that reveal the steps to carry out certain computer processes; for which, it is essential to show explanatory content.
Therefore, Word allows easily take and insert screenshots, so that its users can better describe any task, beyond the exposed text.
What should we keep in mind before inserting a screenshot in Word?
Mainly, screenshots are useful for improve the readability of a document, create tutorials or write virtual courses, in order to better expose any process to follow around what is on a computer screen.
In such a way, They allow to show, throughout the Word document, all those images or snapshots of certain windows, programs or applications that are open on the computer used. Whereas, Microsoft’s word processor only has the ability to capture what is under itself.
This means that if you have several programs, applications or windows open, you can take a screenshot of the one that is above the other open windows on your machine’s screen, that is, you cannot change the window. Indeed, before opening Microsoft Word to perform this procedure, you must make sure that place the window you want to capture on the screen.
On the other hand, you also have to take into account that, Word only supports the ability to add one screenshot at a time, pSince they cannot all be inserted simultaneously, as in other programs.
Therefore, each of the steps that we will show you below must be carried out to add a capture:
Steps to create and insert a screenshot in Microsoft Word
Now, as we mentioned earlier, you can take screenshots directly from Word, without the need to resort to other third-party tools for this. But, to be able to do it correctly, it is important perform the creation of said snapshot step by step and then the process to insert it.
Next we will show you how:
Before specifying each and every one of the steps to follow to take a screenshot from Word, it should be noted that, both the procedure to create it and to insert it, are linked in this case.
Thus, we begin by explaining the instructions to create a photo of this type easily:
- First of all, you must search and enter the document where you want to add this screen image.
- Followed by that, locate yourself in the options bar Microsoft’s program and click on the “Insert” tab.
- Now, it’s time to place yourself in the Group Of People Illustrations, for later select the option that says “Capture”.
- Done the above, it will show a kind of gallery with available windows (that is, those that are open on your computer).
- In case you need add a screenshot of the entire window in question, simply click on the thumbnail image of it, inside the box “Windows available”.
- But, if you only need add a part of the first window seen in said gallery, click the option “Screen clipping” and, automatically, they will redirect you to the application or program to create the new image. To do this, you must hold down the left mouse button (to move the pointer in the shape of a cross) and drag it until you select the specific part you want to show.
- Finally, after making any of the two detailed options, the screenshot will be added to the document immediately. If you need to edit it, you can use the functions available in the tab “Image tools”> “Format”.
On the other hand, if you prefer to rely on an additional tool to create your screenshots, instead of doing it directly from Microsoft Word; there is also the possibility of carrying it out. However, in these cases, you must insert said capture as a conventional image.
Here we detail the steps to execute:
- First of all, you must take the screenshot using the keyboard and an appropriate tool for it. Here, we will use Paint which is the main application used for these purposes at Microsoft.
- Next, go to the window to capture and press the “Imp pnt” key.
- Done that, go to Paint, press the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + C” and so the captured image will appear. Also, from there, you can trim or modify it as you wish with the tools that Paint provides.
- Once make all the edits you want In the new screenshot, it owns save the result in any folder on your computer (preferably in Images).
- Later, access the Word document where you want to add said snapshot and click on the “Insert” tab, from the ribbon.
- Followed by that, directly in the group Illustrations, click on “Images” and proceed to look for the folder where it is located, to there double click on the capture made through Paint or press the button “Insert”.
- By last, automatically, that image will be displayed in your Word document and if you want, you can also edit or optimize it with the program’s Image Tools.
List of the best tools for taking HD screenshots
In any case, if you prefer to use much more complete tools to obtain high definition screenshots and with a higher quality than those revealed by those that are created through Word or using Paint; It is important that you know which are the most effective solutions of the moment.
For this reason, in this section of the post, we proceed to mention 5 of the best tools currently available to make screenshots at a professional level:
This is one of the most used applications to do quality screenshots, due to its excellent track record. Which, mainly, is characterized by its quick process to get these images with just two clicks and, likewise, it is an application very easy to use, with a simple interface and light weight.
For its part, has powerful editing tools which allow you to improve screenshots instantly and also save a lot of time. In addition, it has a search system for similar images, allows captures to be shared over the Internet, is a free and multiplatform solution.
It is another of the best alternatives for take screenshots of an active window, scrolling windows or any specific area of your desktop. Apart from that, it is considered an ideal application for edit your images, highlight them (with shapes, arrows, texts, etc.) and even optimize them with effects (watermarks, drop shadows, motion blur brightness control, etc.).
Among other details, we highlight that it has an angle meter on the screen and a pixel ruler that allows get high-quality results. Additionally, it allows you share your creations on the Internet and upload them to cloud services (Google Drive, Dropbox, SkyDrive and Evernote), it’s free and accepts customizable settings.
As another tool of interest, we find this application that has innovative features around screenshots and, thanks to that, it allows to obtain results in High Definition, as they are really superior compared to other programs.
Further, has a complete image editor and lets you add lines, shapes, arrows, and text comments easily.
Regarding its user interface, has been redesigned and can be customized using five different stylesIn addition, it is very intuitive and supports general usability. On the other hand, it should be noted that, once you open the tool and take the screen capture, apart from editing the image, also you can add effects and clean its background.
Consists in an open source tool that facilitates creation of all kinds of screenshots and luckily helps you share them easily and instantly. It also provides editing functions and with them, allows you to optimize images to the maximum, in order to get high definition results.
Among other details, has the ability to generate a QR code to link to each screenshot taken, supports different configuration options with which you can automatically perform actions when you have taken the capture and even allows make GIF images and make video recordings in FFmpeg format.
Finally, if what you need is create screenshots from web browser To enrich your documents or make tutorials, you can use this tool that has support for Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. In this way, it simplifies the processes for taking screenshots on a website.
Once you install the tool in your browser of choice, its icon will be displayed on the menu bar and just click on it, to see each and every one of the functions that it provides for free.
It also allows you to save your captures in the folder you want on your computer and It has a preference function to edit the image format, its nomenclature and the delay.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉