Many times, Internet users want to obtain data and information of interest about a certain person, but unfortunately, they don’t even know his name or any such identification. Since, on various occasions, there are cases in which users only have a photo or image of it. Of course, being a multimedia element obtained by legal means.
In this way, these users do not know if there are some ways to search for a person by photo on the Internet, or they do not know what are the procedures to follow to achieve this task easily. Luckily, today, there are several tricks to locate a person from anywhere in the world just by having a photo of him.
These methods are generally based on making use of google tools, with the social network Facebook and through a large number of mobile apps that have been specially designed for this. Many times, these tactics give good results, but in the same way, you must take into account that it is not always possible to obtain the desired result.
Steps to search and find a person by their photo on the Internet without knowing their name and surname
In this section, we will indicate the procedures that you must carry out in order to search and find a certain individual just by having their photo. Thus, it is about the most commonly used and easiest to execute methods:
In Google Images
Given that, Google is the main web search engine of people worldwide, par excellence; The vast majority of users always use this platform to look for some information of any kind. Therefore, the first method that we advise you to follow to find a subject with their photo online is using Google Images tools.
In this way, it is necessary to take into account that the G browser not only allows images to be obtained according to the terms entered, but, for greater advantage, it also gives the possibility of run a reverse search. This type of search simply consists of uploading the photo of the person you are trying to locate and, therefore, Google will proceed to obtain all the similar images that are present in the network.
Once the above is clarified, let’s see the steps you must follow to be able to upload a photo with any format on the Google Images platform:
- To start, open the main page of the search service and proceed to click on the camera icon which is located at the bottom of the search bar.
- Later, click on the item that indicates “Upload an image”.
- Now, make use of the button “Choose file”So that you can upload the photo of the person you want to locate.
- Once the above is done, the service will show you a series of photos similar to the one you already uploaded. Additionally, it provides you with links to websites that may contain an exact copy of said photo.
Now, if the digital presence of the subject you are looking for is quite remarkable, the results proposed by Google display more photos of that person. Thus, it is possible that the websites where these images are, have more data and relevant information about the individual.
On the other hand, if you don’t have the photo as such, but you get an image on the Internet, you can find other photos similar to this.
To do this, do the following step by step:
- When you locate the photo, click with the right mouse button on it and choose the option “Copy image address”.
- After that, click on “Paste Image URL”In the Google search bar.
- Now, proceed to paste the address of said image and press the button “To look for images”. With this, the service will provide all the web pages that contain this photo that you have selected.
Another of the best tricks to get a person online just by using their photo is using the renowned social network Facebook. But, before starting with the procedure that you have to carry out, it is valuable that you take into account the following rules to comply so that you can perform the method satisfactorily.
Those requirements are:
- You have to make sure about a particular pattern that the photo you have at hand should contain. Said particular pattern is about a name made up of numbers, separated by a hyphen and ending with an underscore and the letter “n”. For example, such a pattern: “12344678_1234667091234567_1234567898963395461_n”
- What this pattern means is that the image comes from someone who uploaded it to Facebook. In case they contain another type of name or title, it means that the photo was not uploaded to the social network and therefore, will not be used to carry out this method.
- The other requirement to keep in mind is that the photo obtained comes from a profile that, at that time, is public and not configured privately. Since, this prevents the mechanism from locating the profile of the person who owns said photo and, in addition, they can discover you.
Now if the photo you have complies with the two rules detailed above, you can follow the procedure that we indicate now:
- To begin, review the photo in question (saved in the gallery) and proceed to copy the second string of numbers that appears as the name of the photo. To do this, right click on the photo, select “Rename” Y choose said range of numbers.
- Now, you have selected the indicated range of numbers and you have to click the right mouse button. With this, they show you a drop-down menu and in it, you must choose the option “Copy”. Obtaining thus, specifically the place where the album number and photo are stored on Facebook.
- After the above, log in to your social network account with your email and password.
- Later, edit facebook url which is located in the browser’s address bar at the top. To do this, you must add flash sign (/) at the end of the link and paste the number copied in step 2 (with the help of the right mouse button, selecting the option “Paste“Or through the shortcut”Ctrl + V”).
- Once this is done, you will get a new Facebook URL that looks like this: “https://www.facebook.com/1442888675111223”And so on, press the button“Enter“Or in”Search for”.
- Finally, if you did all the steps correctly, the service will upload the photo in question and you will be able to see the name of the person who published said element on the platform. Also including data such as the date, people, tags, comments and the “likes” it contains.
Using smartphone applications
As we mentioned at the beginning, another of the solutions that are most used to locate people without knowing anything more than a photo of them, is through mobile applications that are created and designed for it.
Therefore, in this section we focus on some of the Smartphone apps that allow you to perform these procedures easily and then, some of them are:
Reverse image search (Multi-Engines)
*Note: This application is no longer available in the Google Play store, RIP 🙁
Available in Google Play Store, this application gives you the facility to search for images using major web search engines and other search engines, instead of keywords. Thanks to its optimal performance, it is capable of verify the source of photos and images quickly.
Among other functions, it has a reverse image search using other similar images. It also allows you to search for data related to photography and even share the results obtained on Facebook, Twitter, Line, Google Drive, Hangouts, etc.
Search by image
It is a simpler application than the previous one, but in the same way, we recommend it for search by image. In such a way, it is very similar to the image search that performs the Google service and therefore, in most cases, it gives satisfactory and fast results.
Among other details of Search by image, it also supports searches by image URL, by images saved in your mobile gallery and provides complete information about the photo to search.
It is not an application as such, but rather an extremely useful online service to find images similar to those that are loaded in it and although the results it provides are not as varied as those of Google, it is estimated that it is a good mechanism to search for a person with their photo. Either on your mobile, Tablet or on a computer.
In reference to its operation, once you select the image you want to use, the platform loads the element and proceeds to display all web pages that contain photos similar to the one you uploaded. In addition, many results issued by TinEye, allow to obtain more information about the person who is exhibited in the photograph. In short, this service has an extension available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
Google Photos and facial recognition Does it work to search for people on the Internet by images?
While it is true, Google Photos not only does it give you the option to save your photos and images, but it also offers a complete collection of opportunities that make it easier to organize all the images you store there and it even has a function that is based on face recognition or facial recognition.
Therefore, in the European version of this service, you can only locate the content of your library sectioned by type of image and you can also locate elements that appear in the image, including activities or places. But, it is not possible to search for specific people in this way.
On the contrary, for other countries outside of Europe, Google Photos turns on face recognition and thanks to this, it shows a new section within the search menu. Which, allows to locate people Just press the arrow to open the people menu and all the faces that you have found will appear.
Added to this, Google Photos gives the facility to see all the photographs you find of that person just by pressing the thumbnail that appears there. Additionally, it provides the option to tag each individual found.
But, since not everything is perfect, despite the fact that facial recognition works very well, sometimes detects the same person as two different and therefore, the results are truncated to locate the subject you want. Definitely, it’s just a matter of testing the tool.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉