Nowadays Microsoft Word has become one of the most used word processing computer software when you want to work with a digital document. This program is available on all computers that have a Windows operating system.
However, sometimes when we write a text and especially if it is long, it is a bit tedious to have to read it all again to be able to get a general ending or sentence Either for highlight or modify. And it is that one of the main advantages that this program offers is that it gives its users the possibility of power configure and modify the text according to your needs, for this it offers a great set of tools.
Among them, it offers us a tool to be able to search for a specific word in the body of the text very quickly and easily. That is why here we are going to explain you step by step how to search and find a word in a Word document.
Steps to search and find a word within a text in Microsoft Word
It is very common that after having written a text we have to search for some specific words Either for highlight or just to modify them. This ends up becoming quite a tedious action if we do not know how to use the tool Word text search, since we would have to read the entire text until we get that word or sentence.
That is why here we will show you what are the steps you will have to perform in order to use this tool and make your search much simpler and faster, to do this, follow these instructions:
- To start this process you have two options, the first of which is to go to the upper right part of your screen within the word document and select the option “Search for” with a magnifying glass. And the second option is to simply press the following combination of letters “Ctrl + B”.
- Once this is done, a new search window On the left side of your screen, there you will notice that a search engine appears with a magnifying glass. Right there you must insert the word you want to search for.
- Once you have written the word you want to find in the text, you can press the key “Enter” and you will automatically get a result.
- Under the search bar You will be shown some parts of the text where the word you have inserted appears. While in the body of the text said term will appear highlighted with a yellow color.
How to find and replace words in Word?
This tool Word search engine is not just for searching, but also gives you the possibility of replace terms in a very fast and easy way, thus avoiding that the user has to start searching term by term and modifying it. That is why here we will show you other alternatives that this offers you text editor program.
In order to perform this procedure, you will need to perform the following steps:
Find and replace just one word
In the case that you only want find and replace only one word of the text You can do it in a very simple and fast way, just follow these instructions:
- In order to modify this it will be necessary that you enter the search window, For this you can do it in either of the two ways explained above, either using the option of the “Start bar”Or keys “Ctrl + B”.
- Once the window appears on the screen, an arrow will appear in the search bar, which we are going to display and select the option of “Replace”.
- Now a new window will open which will appear on the screen. There the word you want will appear replace and below a bar where you must write the new term for which you want to change said word of the text.
- In case you want adjust search more precisely in the text you can select the option of “More”. Usually this is used when the search or replacement should be much more exact.
Find and replace entire phrases
You also have the opportunity to not only search or replace a term, but also of find and replace an entire phrase. This is somewhat less frequent when making a text and wanting to modify it, since some sentences are often misspelled or have been constantly repeated throughout the text. However, there is also the case where a sentence has been misspelled or out of place in the text, therefore, we need to find and replace it.
This is an identical procedure to the previous one, what changes is the phrase you want to search for, in this case a sentence. To do this, simply follow the steps that we will explain below:
- In order to search for this prayer, it will be necessary to enter the search box using either of the two ways explained above.
- Once there, we will write in the search bar the prayer we need to find.
- This will be highlighted in the text in a yellow color.
- Once found in the search bar we unfold the arrow and select “Replace”.
- Now the window of “Search for and replace”, here we write the new sentence that we want to place in the text.
- Once this has been written we must click on “Replace” and automatically the sentence will be modified in the text in a very fast and simple way.
Keep in mind that with this tool you can modify the text once you have finished it in a very simple way, simply by entering the word or sentence you want to search for either simply modify or replace.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉