Since many years, Microsoft PowerPoint has been classified as one of the most used programs in the office world. In view of the fact that it is the main tool that people turn to when prepare presentations through panels known as “slides”. Through which, it is easy to expose any amount of information.
In this sense, this software offers the necessary utilities to enter and edit texts, as well as to add formatting, insert images, add music and animations, as well as many other elements. With those who, easy to customize PPTX file greatly.
However, in addition to its high level of customization, Powerpoint too is characterized by its remarkable versatility and flexibility. Reason why, its file format is supported by multiple email platforms, such as Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo. Thus, to know how you can share a PowerPoint presentation via email, we invite you to read this post.
What are the requirements for mailing a PPTX?
While it is true, the PPTX file extension belongs to the category of “presentations” and became the standard of the show Microsoft PowerPoint from your version 2007. Consequently, these files are characterized by store presentations developed by means of slides with text, images, audio, video, graphics, effects, diagrams, etc..
For its part, the PPTX file configuration makes use of Open XML and ZIP compression, which is why users wonder what the necessary requirements are to be able to send a document of this kind through email, without complications. Given the, considered a more advanced file type than PPT, its predecessor.
Indeed, below, we name the main requirements that you have to take into account, at a minimum, when sharing a PowerPoint presentation from an email account:
- Mainly, you should make sure that don’t be such a heavy file. Therefore, if your presentation contains multiple audio or video files, It is recommended that you choose to reduce the size of it, compressing the multimedia files.
- It is also relevant that you focus on optimize multimedia in the presentations to be sent, for compatibility reasons. In this way, you will ensure that the presentation occurs without any error while it is downloaded and received from the email.
- If you prefer to keep your file safe PPTX, you must send it directly from PowerPoint to share via PDF document, so that they cannot edit it.
- In case you have a team with Windows RT, you must take into account that it is not possible to send presentations by email directly from the Microsoft program. Therefore, you must do it from your email account, attaching the file PPTX there.
Learn step by step how to send a PowerPoint file by mail
As we mentioned at the beginning of the post, at this point, we will explain which are each and every one of the steps to follow to be able to send a PowerPoint file from Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo they are the main email clients in the world.
Consequently, it is time to detail these procedures here:
With more than 1.5 billion active users, Gmail It is considered one of the most famous platforms out there to send or share emails for free.
That is why, we will start by teaching you how to send a PPTX file via Gmail, correctly:
- Once you have affirmed that your Powerpoint meets the requirements mentioned above, proceed to open your email account on the Gmail platform. This, as you usually do.
- Then, when you are in your email inbox, go to the upper left corner of the panel and click on the button that says “Compose”.
- Now, in the new window of “New message” that they show you, you must fill in the Recipients field (with the recipient’s email address), the Subject field and enter the words you want in the body of the message.
- Then, to include your presentation of Powerpoint, you have to click on the “Attach files” icon. There, in the dialog window, find and select your file PPTX to click “Open”.
- Finally, once the file is fully loaded Powerpoint in question, just click on “Send” and thus, you will share your presentation by email.
In view of that Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager that facilitates the sending of emails and was created by the same company that Powerpoint and even, it is also available within the Microsoft Office suite; there is the possibility to share your presentations PPTX by Outlook directly from the slide show.
In this case, the steps to follow consist of:
- Initially, you have to open your PowerPoint document to submit and located in the program options bar, press the tab that says “File”.
- After that, head over to the bar on the left side and click on the option that says “Share”.
- Now, it’s time to click on where it says “Email” and then you have the possibility of choose the desired alternative to share your PPTX file. Either send it as an attachment, as a link, as Pdf, as a XPS attached or as an internet fax.
- Once you select the shipping mode, the program will show a window corresponding to Outlook and from there, you will have to access your email account to complete the process of sending the file.
After Outlook and Gmail, another of the most recognized and used email clients in the digital world, it’s about yahoo mail. In this case, the procedure for sharing a presentation of Powerpoint through Yahoo!, must be done directly from your platform, since it is not possible to carry it out as with Outlook since Powerpoint.
Thus, the proper process is:
- Once you have saved the file PPTX on your computer, you have to proceed to open your Yahoo Mail account as you normally do.
- Next, you must click on the “Compose” button which is in the upper left corner.
- Then, press the attach files icon which is the same as Gmail and Click on the option “Attach from my computer”.
- Now, among the documents hosted on your computer, find and choose the presentation file of Powerpoint to share, so click on “Open”.
- In conclusion, It only remains to send your email with the attached file and ready.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉