Outlook is one of the most widely used email platforms in the world, it is estimated that there are more than 400 million users those who have this service like your main ally when sending messages.
In this sense, either for reasons of space or security, Outlook gives the option of auto-destroy sent emails. This task is nothing other than schedule so that a certain information is destroyed or disappears automatically from your tray in a certain time.
In the following article we will know in depth about this topic, what kind of data can self-destruct, how to use XQ Secure Email with its different steps, as well as the best alternatives to this application to send messages that self-destruct by Outlook.
What kind of data can self-destruct in an email?
Generally the data we send through emails are very important, and sometimes they are confidential points that not everyone can have, that is why self-destructing these types of messages is the best option.
The content of passwords to enter any administrative or security system, bank details, documents, files or numerical tables and financial information, among others. These are some of the elements that are recommended to program their self-destruction in order to avoid certain problems that can cause greater evils.
Learn how to use XQ Secure Email to send self-destructing emails in Outlook
XQ Secure Email is a plug-in used to protect email messages with passwords, and in turn to program it for later automatic destruction. This option ensures that the information is completely erased without leaving any kind of traces.
Go for it:
Send self-destructing message
To activate this option it is necessary have the XQ Secure plugin in our mail, and in this way this procedure will be done in an easier and simpler way. The steps to do so are as follows. Before starting, if you do not have the XQ Secure add-on, you can download it from the three ellipsis in the lower menu at “Get add-ons”.
- To begin you must go to the key “New message”And click.
- Enter email address and the message you want to send in the blank.
- Then go to the bottom, right where is the button with the 3 horizontal dots.
- There will appear a series of options, click on “XQ Secure Outlook”.
- It will show you a list with three options, select “Secure Send”.
- Then You must choose the time you want the message to last until it is automatically deleted in the user’s inbox (you can select from 1 hour minimum up to 3 months).
- Once you have selected the time of your preference, press “Send” Y ready.
Encrypt an email
This modality offers you to send any type of files and messages maintaining the required security.
On the other hand, we must not overlook any detail, since otherwise the information could not be sent:
- Once you have executed the steps of entering the address and the respective message, go to the bottom right of the window at “New message”.
- After pressing the three horizontal dots select “XQ Secure Outlook ”.
- Later, click on the option “Encrypt file ”.
- You will see a pop-up window where it will tell you well that drag a file, or that you look for the information attaching it from any folder on the computer.
- Wait a few seconds and you will see how your selection will be attached.
- Here too you will have the option to decide the estimated time so that the message is destroyed automatically.
- Press “Send”And thus the mail is transferred under this modality.
Cancel sending an email
It is very common that we mistakenly send confidential information to an unwanted contact, or that for various reasons we have to correct something that has been forgotten and that is simply not right.
If you want to cancel a sending of messages by Outlook, these are the steps:
- Go to the button “Setting”That is in the upper right part of the input tray, shaped like a gear.
- A menu will be displayed you must press “See all Outlook settings”.
- In the pop-up window a tab will appear called “Write and reply”, click on it.
- You will notice a series of options by selecting “Cancel submission”, Choosing the time to delete the information that ranges from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Then press the button “Keep” at the bottom of the window and voila.
Best alternatives to XQ Secure Email to send self-destructing messages in Outlook
As we talked before, XQ Secure is a complement that guarantees the security of all emails sentTherefore, it is highly recommended for users who routinely work with reliable or very sensitive information.
But this tool is not the only one you can find, that is why below we are going to show you the various alternatives that exist to this add-on so that you can send messages of this type:
It is a really safe complement, it allows you to have it when you need to send really important information, encrypt the emails you want and more. On the other hand, you will be able to manage all the data you send and configure the availability time that the emails have for the recipients.
Ideal for use in companies where a large amount of information is handled. You can configure it previously according to your needsIt also allows you to store data in the cloud, an aspect that is very important if it is about important emails. It is simple to use and does not require large resources to be highly effective.
It is a complement that supports file encryption, it also has the ability to track sent emails, providing great information security. At the same time, it shows reports of the activities carried out, so that you are aware of everything that concerns your Outlook account.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉