One of the main advantages of using Microsoft Word is that it allows you add images to each of your documents, which means an excellent option to provide a additional content to everything you want to offer there.
And it is that not only allows you add images, but also gives you the possibility to insert shapes, graphs, data table, among some other elements. All this will allow you create really attractive and professional text documents.
However, it is important to mention that when working with images in Word is not as easy as it seems, especially because if the proper size can interfere with your text. That is why here we are going to teach how you can set the size of a photo in Word in an easy and fast way, to do this, follow in detail everything that we will explain below.
What should I consider when resizing an image in Microsoft Word?
As we already mentioned before working with images is not an easy task as many imagine, especially in Word, Where are you inserted photographs may change the text settings. And it is that when you want modify a photo should consider some important aspects to prevent the same undergo modifications that affect its design.
When you want resize the image it should be noted that it almost always loses its quality, especially when what you want is increase the size of it. If you need work with large images it is best to search large images, as this will prevent the itself is distorted at the time of increasing its measurements.
In the event that you have to do the opposite, that is, you need reduce photo size, you will not have so many inconveniences, since at the time of reducing the dimensions of it does not usually distort or lose its quality. This means that you can work only with large photos to avoid damage to them.
Steps to set the size of an image in Microsoft Word
Taking into account the aforementioned and the importance of always work with large images to avoid lose their quality and are not distorted, here we are going to teach you what are the main steps what should you do to set the size of a photo in Microsoft Word.
To do this, follow the steps that we will mention below:
In the case that what you want is to cut an image either because you are only interested in a part of it and you do not want to complicate yourself with the rest, then it will be necessary to carry out the following instructions:
- The first will be insert the photo to your worksheet in Word. For this you must go to the “Options” and there you select the tab “Insert”.
- Within “Insert” you must click on the icon “Image” located in the section of “Illustrations”.
- There it it will open Windows explorer, here you should look the image in the address where you have it stored. Once you get it, you just have to click on “Insert”.
- Once I appear photography on word sheet, the next thing will be to select it by double clicking on it.
- Now in the ribbon of options will appear several options available to apply to the photo, here you must select the icon “Trim” located at right side of your screen.
- There you will see several options, in this case you must choose “Trim”.
- Automatically the image will appear marked on all sides, in this case you simply must take it to the size you want to cut it.
- This way you can start crop all those photos that you upload to your Word documents.
Width and height
Yes you do not want to crop the image but simply modify its height and width, either to make it a little bigger or smaller, You can also do it very easily and quickly.
To do this, follow each of the steps that we will teach you below:
- Like the previous method, the first thing you will have to do is insert the image, To do this, carry out the step explained above.
- Once have the photo inserted in the Word sheet, the next thing will be to do double click on it to select it.
- Different commands appear in the ribbon that you can apply on element, in this case you should go to the section of “Size” and there you will find the option of “High form” Y “Shape width”.
- The following will be change the measurements that appear there and place the new measurements you want, both in the width as height of the image.
- When you have changed both values, automatically your photograph will take the new measurements both in width and height, and you will have as you can see on the screen a little more reduced in this case, since they have inserted measures below those already established.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉