As it is a specialized application for what are the work groups and organizations the transfer of files and documents is very constant, especially when sharing information with other team members.
That is why being able to know how to share all types of files in Slack will allow you to get the most out of this tool, as well as formats and size you can transfer.
In accordance with all this, here we are going to explain how to carry out this procedure in an easy and fast way, For this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you next in the post.
Being a work tool, you will constantly have to transfer files or documents with other team members. Luckily, Slack supports a large number of formats, giving you a wide variety of uses. In this case you can share what are files PDF, Word, Paint, Excel, images in PNG, JPEG, screenshots, audio and video files, among many others that you can also transfer there.
Without a doubt, this wide variety allows working groups to share basically anything through chat or channels, which undoubtedly facilitates the work method since basically they can do everything from one place.
Another advantage is that they can also use the file management tools that you already have to share information as it is OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and Box, using normally. All of this allows you to share files on channels, hold discussions in conversation threads, and above all ask for team approval through emoji reactions.
Like any other application it has a Weight Limit for files that are shared through this platform. In this case, the users who make use of this application will be able to upload files that do not exceed 1 GB size and which they will be able to share with other members of their teams.
In this way, before wanting to add a file or document to be shared through a chat or channel, you must make sure that the same do not exceed the size recommended by the app, otherwise it will not be possible to send it.
If there is something that characterizes Slack is its ease of useThat is why being able to share documents with your co-workers will be a fairly simple procedure to do from any device. Therefore, in order to add details and context to your conversations that you can easily share, you must have previously added the files to the app.
In this way, to share the desired file or document, you just have to follow each of the methods that we teach you below:
From your iOS mobile
If you are one of the people who has a iOS mobile device and you want to share a document stored in your terminal with your teammates you are in the right place.
It will be necessary for you to follow each of the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing you should do is hold down the message or file you want to share.
- Then you must press with your finger on the icon “Share”.
- The next thing will be to choose where you want share the file and if you want add a message.
- Once you have defined this, you just have to press the button “Send”.
From the computer
If you prefer to use Slack from the comfort of your computer, then you should know that you will also have the opportunity to share files or documents with the other members of your team in a very simple way.
To do this, you simply have to follow each of the steps that we are going to teach you below:
- When you find yourself within the application you must scroll over the message or the file itself.
- Then you must click on the option “Share”.
- The next thing will be to select where you want share the file or document and if you want you can add a message. This in case you want to explain what you are sending.
- After this you just have to click on the button “Share” for the document to be sent successfully.
From your Android mobile
If you have a Android mobile, then you will also have the opportunity to share files or documents with your teammates, this in case you need to share some information with them.
In order to do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Once you have entered the application Slack from your Android mobile, the next thing will be to press the message or the file that you want to share with your colleagues.
- The next thing will be to press on the icon “Share”.
- Now you must to select where do you want share the document or file and if you want you can also add a message.
- Finally, you must press the icon of the Paper plane located in the upper right corner of the screen so that you can share the desired file.
It is also possible share files outside of Slack in if necessary, for this you must create a external link from your computer.
In this case you can get the following:
- In the case of files shared in private channels, only the person who uploaded the file can create an external link.
- If the file has been shared on a public channel, then any of the channel members can create an external link.
- The person who uploaded a file can revoke at any time your external link.
Taking into account each of the points already mentioned, the following will teach you how to create an external link to share in Slack:
- The first thing you should do is to select the icon “More actions.”
- Then you must to select the option of “Create external link”.
- And finally, you must copy the link to your clipboard and then click on the option “Ready” after this you just have to share it on your Slack channel.
If for any reason you have already created your external link and shared it, but you want cancel it, either because you have sent the link that was not or to the wrong channel you can also do it.
To do this, you must follow each of these steps:
- The first thing you should do is hover the mouse cursor over the file whose link you want to unlink.
- The next thing will be to access the option “More actions.”
- Then you must to select the item of “See external link.”
- Once there you must click on “Cancel” and later in “Cancel it” to confirm the action.
What is the storage limit in Slack based on our account type?
You must bear in mind that this application of Slack It has different plans, so depending on the plan you have, the number of features, tools, and amount of available storage you have. In the case of users who have the free plan, they can have it for as long as they want, since they are not obliged to purchase any payment plan.
In this case, the amount of space available for a workspace will depend on the plan that has been purchased, each of the plans provides you with the following storage:
- Free plan: This plan gives you 5GB for the entire workspace.
- Standard Plan: This plan is characterized by offering 10 GB per member for the workspace.
- Plus Plan: The Plus plan offers 20 GB of storage per member in the workspace.
- Enterprise Grid Plan: With this plan, users can enjoy 1000GB or 1TB per member in the workspace.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉