Beyond call, video call and chat functionality, Skype has much more to offer. Because it is a communication platform, it offers other options appreciated by its users. Such is the case of the ability to share files of all kinds.
However, it should be clarified that they present a limitation regarding the maximum size that each of them must have. So that you know in depth about it, in this post we will talk about How to share all kinds of files on Skype such as photos, videos, PDFs, voice notes, etc?
In addition, you will know what are the supported formats, the weight limit to send a file and the procedure to follow to share files with your friends or colleagues within the platform.
More specifically, Skype allows you to send all kinds of items. Here we indicate what they are, along with the time of availability they have after being sent.
Thus, you will know for how long you can have them within a chat:
- Posts: its availability is decided by the user. That is to say, they are eliminated when he wishes.
- Chat titles: determined by the user.
- Videos: determined by user. However, audiovisual materials that exceed 100 MB will be stored as files and are available for a period of 30 days.
- Images: they are eliminated when the person so wishes.
- Records: you can send word files, PDFs and much more to any contact. They are available for 30 days.
- Voice messages and voicemail: available for 30 days.
- Call recordings: you have them at your fingertips for 30 days.
- Video messages: the user decides when to delete them.
Another aspect to consider is the limit on the file size that can be shared within Skype. In this way, the maximum size is 300 MB for shared files.
In case you try to send one that is too large, you will receive an error message that dictates the following “Not sent: file is larger than 300MB”. Therefore, if you want to send a file that exceeds the limit established by the platform, you must resort to using OneDrive. This is the storage service in the microsoft cloud. It is safer and more reliable. What’s more, helps you share large files with other users without problem.
After being clear all the details regarding the type of files supported in Skype, it’s time to discover how to share them. The step by step is practically the same on each device.
Read on to learn how to do it on Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and iPad:
On Android or iOS
- Select about the contact or chat you want to send something to.
- Inside the chat window, you can send an emoticon (happy face icon), send a voice message (microphone icon), or use camera (camera icon) to share a moment.
- To send files of another type, you must click on the button Add to chat, which has a + icon. From there you can share images from your gallery, a file or share your location with your contacts.
- Finally, select the button Send for your photos or videos to be sent.
On MacOS, Windows or Linux
- Enter the contact or chat where you are going to share the files.
- In the chat window, you can cShare an emoticon, GIF, sticker, or Moji (happy face icon). You can also select a photo or file (by clicking the image icon).
- Likewise, this possibility of drag the file from your PC folder, to the chat you want.
- Tap on Send to share it.
On Android or iPad tablets
- Go to the contact or chat the one you are going to share.
- Inside the chat window, you can do the following: send an emoticon, moji, GIF or sticker. Send a voice message, use the camera to show a specific moment, or share up to 10 photos or videos at a time.
- Tap on Next to continue.
- If you want, you can also send your location.
- Click the + button, which corresponds to the option Add to chat, to send files or documents that you already have stored.
- Press in Send.
In this way, you will be able to exchange documents of all kinds to your friends or groups on Skype. Remember to respect the 300 MB maximum limit or, if you need to share a larger file, resort to using OneDrive. It is a very simple to use and intuitive tool, so you do not require more knowledge on the subject.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉