There is an easy way to share your location in real time in your Telegram conversations and groups. For this you must pay attention to all the details that we will show you below so as not to make mistakes.
For you to become a true expert in the use of Telegram, we will explain how you have to share your geographical location in conversations with Telegram channels and groups right from the start, no matter what device you use.
By last, we will explain in detail the step by step that you should do to pin your location in any conversation. Take a look at this post!
If you want share your location with your friends, family or co-workers via Telegram from any device, you will have to do this step by step to avoid making mistakes.
Go for it:
Open the Telegram mobile app for Android and follow this guide:
- When access the main page you will have to find the chat or the user to whom you want to share your location. To do this, you will have to scroll the screen until you find the direct messages, or use the magnifying glass located at the top to write the name of the person.
- Once you have found the user corresponding you will have to enter the chat and go to the lower panel of the message window. In this section you will find a drawing of a paper clip, so you must click on it.
- The previous step will bring up a menu with different icons in the lower section of the screen. Look for a green graph called Location. When you find it, click on it.
- You will have two possibilities, send your current place or choose to send the location in real time. This last alternative so that the other person knows where you agree with the period you indicate on the platform.
- In case of choosing the real-time location option, A box will appear indicating that Telegram will access your location during the entire period you specify, including when the application is in the background. If you agree with this you will have to press okay.
- If it is the first time that you are going to send your location, you will have to grant the necessary permissions that Telegram needs.
- Finally, you must choose how long the other user will be able to see your exact location. Select one of the three options that you have available and choose TO SHARE.
On your iPhone or iPad mobile you will have to do this step by step to share your location in conversations:
- Open the app in order to ios from Telegram.
- Then, search for the contact, group or channel with which you want to share your location through a message.
- Once you find it, you will have to go to the bottom of the writing panel and select the Add icon. This function is represented by a paper clip.
- When the menu is displayed choose the tool to send your current position or a location in real time. As with Android, you will have to grant the necessary permissions to Telegram Yes, it is the first time you send your location.
- Once you have finished with the steps above you will have to choose the time in which you will share your location, if you decide to do it through the function of “in real time”.
Another alternative you have is to choose a place close to you to indicate to others a precise location. To use this option you will have to scroll the screen until you find the place you want.
On PC and Telegram Web
At the moment it is not possible to share the location in real time or the current location through the platform. The only thing you can to do when you use these Telegram clients is to enter Google maps, find the current location and then copy the geographical coordinates for you to send through the Telegram messaging.
Find out how to pin your location to the top of a Telegram group or conversation
If you want your Telegram community grows or you want to show a location in a private chat permanently, you can set the location you want at the top of the conversations panel.
To do this, you will have to follow this step by step:
Enter the group or private chat
The first thing you will have to do is access the private or group chat with which you want to share a location. Remember that you can do this by searching current conversations or by choosing the magnifying glass located at the top of the screen. When you have found the corresponding chat, or the group, you must select it by pressing on it.
Once you are within the chat you will have to attach the location, you can do it in real time or a fixed location. To do this, you will have to follow the steps that we mentioned before. That is, you must click on the clip located in the lower panel, select Location (and time, if necessary) and send the message.
Set the location
For this step you must take into account the operating system of your mobile device. Since, if you have an Android, the time to hold down the location will be very short, while if your phone is an iPhone you will have to press the screen for a longer time right in the location.
Clarified the above, when you have the location you will have to press outside of it (remember to keep the correct time according to the operating system) until a small window is displayed. Within this choose Pin up Y clever!, what you must do now to finish is choose if you want to share the location with others.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉