The Steam platform gives its users the ability to access the titles that their friends have in their digital library. If you are interested in knowing how to share Steam accounts with your friends To give you access to your favorite games, then keep reading this step-by-step guide.
The process is extremely simple. As holder, you only need to be logged in and have the active protection of Steam Guard.
With this method, your friends will have full access to all the content in your library. All thanks to Family Loan System offered by the platform Steam.
As we have mentioned, now you can share games from your Steam library with friends and family. The function that makes this possible is called Steam Family Share, or Steam Family Loan. The loan allows the guests be able to play the video games in your library, or vice versa, through the devices authorized by the main account. The guest has the ability to earn their own game achievements, as well as save their progress to the Steam cloud.
Notably there are certain limits. For example, the main account can only authorize ten devices at the same time. Likewise, only five accounts will be able to use said equipment to play the titles in the digital library. On the other hand, due to certain technical limitations, some games may not be compatible for loan.
This caused by keys or third-party subscriptions that do not allow sharing the game between several accounts. Notably one user can access the library at the same time. For this reason, if you want to play while one of your friends is using the Family Loan System, this will only have a few minutes to acquire the game and continue playing, or finish the game.
The digital library will be available only for the account and device that is using it at the time. No other account and equipment, authorized or not, will have access to the game library until its use is terminated. Finally, there is the risk of losing the privileges of your Steam account if any of the users uses the Family Loan System to commit fraud. For this reason, we recommend lend your games only to people you trust and who are responsible.
He Family Loan System offers multiple benefits to the community.
Here’s how to share your Steam account so friends and family can access your games:
Make sure to activate Steam Guard
Steam guard It is a double authentication system to provide greater protection. Complying with this step is essential if you want to share your digital library with someone else. What you should do is access the section of “Parameters” on the platform Steam. Then, go to the section of “Account Options” and activates the function of Steam guard. Then you must follow the indications of Steam that appear on the screen to complete the process.
Login to the computer
After activating Steam guard, you must authorize the computers from which the library can be accessed. To do this, you must log into the device. Login to your Steam account with your details. Subsequently, enter once again the section of “Parameters”. Then, enter the section of “Family”.
Active the box “Authorize the family loan on this computer” to access the library from that device. Then, take care of authorizing the five accounts that will have access to the digital library. Remember, they must be users you trust. So, finally, you can share your games with other people in Steam.
The best Steam tricks to get the most out of this platform for Gamers
Steam it is much more than just a portal to download games. The web hides an endless number of functionalities that allow the user to enjoy numerous advantages.
Next, we show you the best Steam tricks to get the most out of this platform for gamers:
Install multiple games at the same time
The vast majority of platforms allow the user install one app at a time. With Steam This is not the case. The Web has provided a simple method to install various games simultaneously.
You just have to follow these steps:
- Enter the application of Steam. Then go to the digital library.
- Select all the games you want to download and install. To do this, hold down the key Ctrl and left click on each title.
- When you have selected all the games of your interest, right click on the selection and press “Install” on the menu.
- If you want to deselect a game, simply left click on the title in question, without releasing the key Ctrl.
Steam lets you create a local backup of installed games on your computer. In case of losing or deleting them voluntarily, you can recover them quickly by restoring the backup. So you save having to download the title again.
All you have to do is:
- Enter the Steam application and head to the top left corner. Then press the button “Steam”.
- In the pop-up menu, click the button “Make backup and restore program.”
- A pop-up window appears on the screen that gives you two options. Then press check the box corresponding to “Make backup copy of installed programs”. Then click “Following”.
- Select games you want to make a backup copy. Then click “Following”.
- Choose a destination folder to store the backup.
- Determine a size and name for each of the files. When you have it ready, it will start making the copy.
Install games on other computers without downloading anything
On the other hand, thanks to the backups that Steam allows you to perform, you can install your games on another computer. For this you only need a USB drive and restore the copy to the device of your choice.
It should be noted that the restoration must be carried out from your Steam account:
- At the top of the app Steam, click the button “Steam”.
- In the pop-up menu, press the button Backup and restore program.
- Locate the location of your backup on your computer. Then, you must carry out the steps indicated by the platform.
Enable Big Picture mode
Big Picture mode is a feature that allows you to configure a full screen interface so that Steam interacts like a console. When you launch the application, it opens automatically in the Big Picture mode. The activation process is extremely simple.
You just have to follow these steps:
- Enter the application Steam and click the button “Steam”, located in the upper left.
- In the drop-down menu, click the section “Parameters”.
- The setup menu appears on the screen. Then go to the left side column and click “Interface”.
- Activate the mode Big picture clicking on “Start Steam in Big Picture mode.”
Run third-party apps on Steam
He steam client allows users integrate third-party applications to your digital library. When you open the application, it analyzes all the programs installed on the computer. After completing the analysis, it gives you the possibility to add games and Apps quickly.
Just follow these steps:
- Go to the tab Choices and click products.
- In the drop-down menu, click the button Add a non-Steam product to my library.
- Then, a new pop-up window opens. In this section all your installed applications are loaded.
- Select the Apps and games of your preference and then click on “Add selected”.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉