It is no secret to anyone that the digital age has transformed many aspects of the daily life of human beings and, without a doubt, one of the most notable of them has to do with the way documents are now handled in offices or public bodies. Well, currently, most of the procedures can be shared electronically.
For this reason, Internet users look for optimal solutions through which they can carry out these procedures faster and with full quality. Thus, one of the main tools to obtain digital texts, is Microsoft Word thanks to the excellent utilities it provides to its users.
In this sense, the Microsoft word processor allows you to create and share documents in electronic format with a personalized signature. This, due to the need of many people for digitize your signature and give the document a special touch.
Why should I sign my Word documents? Advantages and benefits
Given the great importance of initiating digital documents, of course It is essential to know the procedure that must be carried out to place your signature in any text made from Microsoft Word. However, before explaining it, it is also very relevant to know the advantages and benefits that this reveals.
Therefore, in this section of the post, we will mention each and every one of the advantages of signing your documents digitally:
- It helps protect the rights of the content, that is, by signing your writing through Word, you can preserve your literary and artistic works. Since, this is within a legal framework that contemplates the antecedents of what is now known as “Copyright” and hence, it will be very difficult to be a victim of plagiarism or theft of content on the Internet.
- Much more simplicity to send paperwork and procedures to any public entity on the network. Since, you will not see the need to print the document, sign it and then scan it so that your signature appears there, but rather, it can be digitally included with Word.
- Once you include your signature in any writing, you will get a higher degree of customization and this is essential to display your own stamp. Especially if the document has to do with your company, company or personal brand.
- You can prevent the realization of certain modifications around the content exposed in the document. Since, it has its own touch in the form of an electronic signature.
- Signing a Word document digitally is also a great way to avoid costly and time-consuming processes where inked papers and signatures are used.
What are the main types of signatures that I can put on Word documents?
Apart from the benefits of the ability to sign digital documents in Word, it is also of great interest to discern that There are two kinds of signatures that you can put there, mainly.
Therefore, below, we specify each one:
Visible digital signature
Basically, it is that type of signature that displayed as a line in the text, that is, in a way very similar to a physical document. Which means that when you enter one or more digital signatures of this type, you can define who are the people who must sign said document.
Thus, in general, the signer will apply his own digital autograph on the corresponding signature line and / or created with the help of the word processor. Even, this mode provides the option to add an image of your physical signature.
Invisible digital signature
As its name indicates, it is a signature that cannot be displayed in the document content, as in the previous case. But even so, all the people who receive this digital writing will be able to determine if the text was digitally signed to protect their copyright.
In this sense, the invisible digital signature is characterized by preventing the edition of the document in question. Therefore, once each recipient accesses it through the Microsoft program, you will see a red ribbon located in the document status bar (i.e. at the bottom of the main window) and you will see the signature panel there. That way, offers complete integrity, trust and authenticity without the need to mark a visible own stamp.
Steps to sign Word documents and protect your content rights
Now, it is time to detail what is the procedure to be followed in order to sign any document in Microsoft Word easily and quickly, in order to protect your copyright and thus be able to distribute the exposed content with total safety and reliability.
Next, we explain the steps that must be completed in these cases:
- Generally, Word users choose to place a visible digital signature in their writings and for this, you must start by looking for the document to personalize and locate the pointer exactly where you want the signature line to be displayed. Usually, it is placed in the final part.
- Followed by that, go to the options bar at the top of the main window and click on the “Insert” tab.
- Now, it’s time to locate the text section and there, press the icon that shows a paper along with a pencil, specifically, it’s called “Add a signature line”.
- Later, they will show you two available options and among them, click on “Microsoft Office signature line …”.
- Once this is done, a new window will appear that is identified as “Signature Configuration” and from there, you can start managing your digital autograph.
- In the bar “Suggested signer”, write the name you want to be seen under the signature line and in “Suggested signer position”, put your position or that of the person nominated there. You can also add his email address, some instructions and allow him to add comments.
- To save the changes, click the “Accept” button and, automatically, the signature line will be displayed in the place you defined at the beginning.
On the other hand, if what you want is create and add a handwritten signature to your digital document, there is also the possibility of doing it through Microsoft Word. Taking into account that, for this, you require an operational scanner And it’s so easy to make; here we show you the procedure to execute:
- First of all, write your signature on any physical sheet of paper and proceed to scan it to save it on your computer using a common image file format (JPG, PNG, GIF or BMP, for example).
- Next, find and access the Word document to customize to open the image file obtained with the scanner.
- With the above, the image corresponding to your handwritten signature will open in the word processor and there, you can crop it with the Image tools available in the Format tab.
- Now, right click on the image in question and click on “Save as image” so that it can be stored as a separate file.
- To conclude, you must add the signature to the digital document through the following procedure: Insert> Pictures> Find the file in the browser> Double-click on it. With this, it will be added in the part of the document that you have located with the cursor.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉