For feel comfortable and safe inside your propertyIt is essential that you have a system that covers every corner of your home or business; But you may wonder how an alarm system is programmed, so that you can guarantee your safety at all times.
The process may seem complicated but it is easier than you think. You only need to follow a series of steps that we are going to detail to be able to have a complete and safe Surveillance System.
However, this question has not been fully resolved and therefore, we will emphasize and by reading this post, you will know what are the methods to be able to carry it out together with the answer to this and other questions.
Alarm systems today
A system like that of Movistar Prosegur Alarms it is a security element that allows to notice unusual events, either the entry of an unauthorized person, presence of fire, toxic gases, or an overflow of a water tank. Its purpose is to issue a timely alert signal or act as a deterrent to take the pertinent actions in relation to the problem that is being experienced, with the aim of avoiding or reducing its consequences.
Mostly They have a protection system that can be remotely monitored through a mobile application, allowing you to stay safe even outside your home. By using this application you will not only be able to monitor your property remotely, it also has a SOS button so that you receive immediate help in case of emergency along with the countdown function, which once activated will keep you protected throughout the tour and will be deactivated as soon as you notify your safe arrival.
Program an alarm system
Once the alarm system is installed on your property, taking into consideration all the access points and key sectors for the location of detectors, cameras, siren, cabinet and keypad, you need to familiarize yourself with its useEven consider that it can allow you to automate certain functions such as controlling the lights, air conditioning or opening the garage door.
When the installation is carried out by technical professionals, everything is ready for immediate use. They take care of all technical settings, but there are certain details that you must learn to handle, as is the case of activating and controlling it daily. Below you will find a series of steps that will allow you to familiarize yourself and learn how to properly handle your alarm system.
Every alarm system has lights that indicate its status and it is necessary that you know them, since it will warn you about important events related to your security:
- Ready: When the light is steady, it means the system is in order. If it blinks, you need to check if any doors or windows have been left open.
- Activated: When this light comes on, it means that your system is active, but if it flashes, it means that it has detected an intrusion.
- To stay: If one or more authorized persons are inside the property, this setting will be indicated by keeping this light on.
- TBL: This light is a sign of problems with your alarm system, it indicates that it is not working correctly. It will be necessary to request that it be reviewed by a professional from your security provider.
It is important that you also know how to properly manipulate each of the buttons located on the keyboard of your security panel, for which the following information will be useful:
- Stay button: It allows you to activate the alarm when you are inside your house, so that you will have protection on doors and windows but the motion detectors remain inactive, so that you can move freely inside your property.
- Away button: When pressed, all systems will be activated, giving you 60 seconds to exit without being detected by motion sensors.
- Bypass button: You can use it to omit a certain area of the property, in case it cannot be closed because its access is defective or damaged. In addition, with this button you can test your alarm.
As you can notice, programming your alarm system is a simple task that you should become familiar with, either to leave or stay in your property. When you are ready to go out, you just have to make sure that the light that indicates “ready” stay on and steady. Later, if no one is staying inside, press “Away”; but if someone stays home, you have to push “Stay.”
Stay tuned for the light that indicates “Active” and from the moment it turns on, you have 60 seconds to close and lock the doors, once you get out.
Upon your return you will be able use your access key and then you must enter your secret code in the panel, if applicable; later activating the Stay mode for protection while you are on site.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉