In general, a high percentage of users who have Mac computers have an iPhone as their main mobile. However, this is not 100% fulfilled all the time, so complications may occur at the time of transfer files from Android to a Mac.
For this reason, we decided to talk to you in detail about the subject. While it is true that there many apps available to send and share files from Android to Mac and vice versaThere are also other mechanisms that do not require the installation of programs for this.
Know the simplest and fastest ways to be able to transfer photos from an Android mobile to a Mac computer. We will talk about different methods and the step by step to achieve it. Take note!
Steps to transfer all photos from your Android to a MacOS computer
It may seem complicated transfer files from Android device to MacOS due to the fact that they are different manufacturers. But it really is not so. There are simple methods you can take advantage of to get your content from one computer to another without complications.
Next, you will know what they are:
This is the classic way to be able to access the folders of a mobile phone from a computer. It is a slightly slower method and its effectiveness depends on factors such as cable quality. It can even lead to connectivity failures or the process can be slower. However, if you want to do it you just have to:
- Connect your mobile to the Mac with a USB cable.
- A notice will appear on your mobile screen where you have to select “Transfer photos” or “Transfer files”.
- The folders you can access will be displayed. Usually the pictures are within “Images” or “DCIM”.
- Copy or move photos to the computer and voila.
The function may not be allowed when transferring photos from Android to Mac. Therefore, it is best to install applications that ensure complete connectivity such as Android File Transfer.
Is a powerful tool designed to send files, take screenshots, synchronize notifications, have a remote control of your mobile and much more. We can even see elements of our Android while working on the Mac. Therefore, it is perfect if you want to transfer photos to your Mac computer or laptop without cables.
The step by step for its use is:
- Install the App on your Android.
- Create an account on Airdroid from their website.
- Configure Airdroid Desktop Tool: There are two ways to do this, either by downloading the full version for Mac for free, or by visiting the web.
- Pair your Android device: If you have already created an account, the device should appear in the list of supported terminals. If not, you have to scan the QR code that is shown in the application from the mobile, to proceed with the configuration.
- Enter the tool “Toolbox”, from where you can move files from one place to another.
If you do not want to opt for programs or applications to transfer files from your mobile to your computer, you can also do it through Bluetooth. Is a safe and very fast way to pass photos from one place to another.
All you have to do is:
- Activate Bluetooth both on your mobile and on your Mac. You can get Bluetooth on your PC in System Preferences / Bluetooth.
- Synchronize both devices through a code that will appear on the screens respectively.
- Exit “Bluetooth” and enter the window of “System preferences”. Once there, select on the icon “Share” and click on “Share Bluetooth”. We recommend that in the option located on the right side with the name of “When other devices explore” check “Never allow”.
- Finally, you just have to select photos on mobile or files that you are going to transfer. Then select on “Share via Bluetooth” and choose your Mac. After that, you will find these files in the folder you have selected or, by default, in Computer Downloads.
With Android File Transfer
Android File Transfer is an application designed by Google that can be installed on both Android devices and Mac computers. In this way, users of both computers can transfer files from one side to the other without inconvenience.
It is important to know that before installing and running it on your Mac, you must go to “System Preferences / Security and Privacy” and activate the option “Allow applications downloaded from: Any site”. If you don’t, you won’t be able to run the application on your computer.
Once you do that, the steps to follow to transfer photos are:
- Download e install the Android File Transfer app.
- Open the app.
- Unlock your Android mobile and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click on the notice “Charging device via USB”.
- When “Use USB for the following:” appears, click “File transfer”.
- On your Mac, an Android File Transfer window will open where you can drag the photos to transfer from the mobile to the computer. Photos are usually located in the “DCIM” or “Pictures” folder.
- Drag the photos you want to transfer to the Finder.
- When you finish, disconnect the mobile and ready.
The best applications to transfer photos and videos from your Android to MacOS
In case the above methods do not convince you at all or you prefer to try other options, we decided to show you What are the 5 best applications to transfer photos and videos from your Android to MacOS without problems:
It is one of the safest options to transfer photos from an Android to a Mac. It is considered a very effective management software and it is not necessary to use cables to transfer files from one place to another, since it is enough to have a WiFi connection. To use it you have to:
- Install the App both on the Mac and on your mobile.
- Make sure that the Android mobile and the Mac are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Run the App on your computer and scan the qr code on the PC website.
- When the main interface opens, click “Images” and you will be able to see all the photos stored on your mobile.
- Choose those files to transfer and select the button “To download” at the top, to be able to copy them to the Mac and that’s it.
From the whole list, Send Anywhere is one of the applications simpler and more intuitive that exist. Its interface is very well designed and adapts to the needs of inexperienced users and more demanding users. The proper way to use it is:
- Install the App on your Mac and on your device Android totally free.
- Check that your computers have an Internet connection and, if possible, to the same WiFi network.
- Open Send Anywhere on both teams.
- On your mobile, locate the photo you want to transfer to the Mac and select in “Share”. Choose the Send Anywhere platform to proceed with the delivery.
- A six-digit code will be generated You must place it on your Mac. However, you can also transfer files by scanning the QR code that appears in the computer application.
Anytrans for Android
As the name implies, Anytrans for Android It is mainly designed to be able to transfer images and photos from your Android gallery to any computer, be it Windows or Mac. Its download is completely free and thanks to it you will be able to access your files without problems. The steps to follow for its use are:
- Download the App on your computer.
- Connect your mobile to the Mac.
- Login to Anytrans for Android on your Mac.
- Select in the folder “Photos” or “Images” to access the files you need.
- Choose the photos what are you going to use and click on the download button located at the top (it’s an icon shaped like a laptop with a down arrow). Wait a few seconds and voila, you will have the images on your PC.
Despite being a messaging app, Telegram is a very effective platform when it comes to sharing files from one device to another. The most interesting thing is that it does not compress the images and its use is very simple.
Then, We explain how to use Telegram to share photos from your mobile to the computer:
- Enter the App of Telegram from mobile.
- Open a new conversation with yourself.
- Within the conversation you must send the photos to yourself by clicking on the clip icon, located at the bottom right of the chat.
- Open Telegram on your computer, enter our own conversation, select the image and click “Save as”.
That’s how easy you will have all the photos you need from your Android mobile to your Mac computer.
It is a very effective storage application to be able to transfer files from your mobile to your Mac quickly. You should only install it on both computers and you can take photos almost instantly. It is very effective because you can access your files without having to be connected on both computers.
With Dropbox you can create folders to synchronize your photos from your mobile with your Mac. Thus, you can share files no matter where you are. Just have an Internet connection. To use it you have to:
- Open Dropbox on your mobile.
- Enter the Dropbox folder where you want to store the images. You can create a new one or enter one you already have.
- Press the + icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Upload photos”.
- Select photos you want to upload and touch the folder icon on your Android, and indicate where you want the images to be added.
- Tap on “Set location” and finally in “Upload”.
To access these files from your Mac, enter Dropbox from your computer and you will get the folder where the photos were stored.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉