Since a few years ago Instagram social network has become one of the platforms most used and important all over the world. It is currently used by almost all the public figures of the planet, which has allowed them to have an approach with all your followers in an easier way.
Due to all the importance of this mobile app is constantly receiving updates in order to provide new tools to each of its members, this in order that they can have a much more complete experience.
One of the most common problems that arose on the platform was when wanting hide an image, since the only way for it was deleted said post. However, all this has changed thanks to the option of “File”, That is why here we are going to explain a little more about this instagram tool.
What is the Instagram post archive and what happens when we put a photo in it?
Formerly most of users had problems when they wanted to hide one of their publications so that no one would see it, since the only way to do it was removing post forever from account. A short time ago the photographic social network I put out a new function called “File” and which allows each of your users archive and unarchive each of your publications.
In the case of applying this new Instagram functionality the publication will be hidden and no one else will be able to see it on your profile without having to delete it forever. There are many reasons why a person you want to hide some of your posts, either to prevent other people from seeing it or especially if it is a personal account that you opened many years ago and you don’t want your followers to see your old photos.
And who has not happened that has looked your previous posts from 5 years or more ago and ends up being surprised her style of dress, of the people she was with at the time, among many other reasons. That is why thanks to this function you will have the opportunity to “Disappear” all those publications and thus avoid that your friends and family can keep seeing those images.
Learn step by step how to unarchive an archived photo on Instagram
It is worth mentioning that the function file appeared first in iOS devices, but currently it is also available for Android devices so all users who use this social network can start to archive and unarchive a photo on Instagram.
However, the process for archiving a photograph is very simple, what is not so easy is how unarchive said publication so that it reappears on your profile. That is why below we are going to show you how you can unarchive an archived post on the platform so that it becomes show in your feed.
However, here we are going to remind you how to archive your photos so that you can take this entire process into account:
- The first thing you should do is enter your Instagram account.
- Once you have entered you must go to the category of “Profile” and there you look the photo you want to archive.
- Once you have found it you must click or press on it so this is show on screen.
- Now you must click on the three points located at the top right of your screen.
- In the list of options that appears on the screen you must select “File” and voila, this way you will have the opportunity to hide your posts without having to delete them.
- For unarchive that publication that you have hidden so that no one else could see it, you must go to the category of “Profile”.
- There you must click on the three lines located at the top right of your screen.
- In the menu that appears you must click on “Archive”.
- Now at the top you must select “Archive of publications” and there you select the image you want to unarchive.
- The next thing will be to select the three points located in the top right of image.
- In the options that appear on the screen select “Show in profile” in this way the image will appear again in your feed and it will be visible to all your followers.
How long do the photos saved in the Instagram archive? Can they be erased without me doing it?
When you save a post in the Instagram archive this will stay there stored as long as you want, that is, it is not going to delete unless you decide. Thus, save images In this new function offered by the platform, it becomes an excellent alternative for hide all those photos that you no longer want to share with others but what you want to keep with you.
This taking into account that many of the oldest posts on Instagram or any other social network they no longer have saved on the personal computer or mobile device, and the only place where it still exists is on that platform. That is why with this new function of “Archive” you will have the opportunity to continue keeping them for the memory but this time avoiding other members of the social network can continue to see it.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will also be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉