Spotify is one of the applications that has come to revolutionize how to listen to music today. It is very simple and easy to use, this platform has one of the most complete libraries of music. In it you can not only find everything you need, but also a little more. In particular, it offers multiple advantages in reference to other servers, for example, you will be able to listen to the songs of your favorite artists whenever and wherever you want, whether in a car or even in a plane without connection or streaming.
With this tool you have access to a whole world of songs and best of all, there is no need to download them, because they are all in the cloud and you can access them with your user as many times as you want. You also have the option to create your own playlists or collaborate with your friends. However, when using the app, you are asked to fill out a form to create your account. But if you don’t want to, it offers other alternatives, like linking account with Facebook.
Although, sometimes it reaches a point of being dissatisfied with the accounts being linked. One of the reasons is because when playing an audio file, this is automatically shared on the other network. What for many is a discomfort. Therefore, in this guide we will help you unlink your Spotify account from your Facebook profile from your computer or mobile phone. As well as how to use it without the need for it to be attached to another interface. Read on and discover how to do it in simple steps.
Steps to disconnect and use Spotify account without Facebook
Spotify for a while has implemented certain actions external to this. One of them is that your account is linked to another social network so that they can play your music, in order to have greater reach and interaction with other audiences.
In this case, from Facebook you can listen to the music you have stored. But if for different reasons you want this to stop and you want to remove the link which exists, you just need to follow the steps shown below:
If you want to completely close your Facebook account with Spotify, you have to follow a very specific process and that, certainly, the applications do not always leave it in plain sight. But here we are going to explain the processes to follow from your computer:
- Open Spotify in the desktop version.
- In the top bar click on the drop-down menu of “Modify” or “Edit”.
- Select the option “Preferences”.
- This will open a window, in which various options will appear, where two boxes will be selected: “Share my activity on Spotify Social” Y “Show what I hear on Facebook”.
- Now you will have to deselect both options and with this you will have unlinked your Spotify account with Facebook.
- Notably This will only be possible if your account is not a premium account.
Deactivate or separate from the Android and iOS mobile
Keep in mind that some applications do not have all the options that the desktop version may contain. One of them in this case it is to deactivate the social networks that are linked to it.
This can only be done through the default browser on your computer, entering the Spotify page. There it shows you a series of alternatives so that in this way you can disconnect notifications and all those publications with Facebook.
Disconnect the Spotify application from Facebook
With the steps that you will see below you can unlink your Spotify account without any problem from the Facebook interface. Find out how to do this step by step process as shown below.
- The first thing you have to do is log in to your Facebook account.
- Enter the network settings and locate the option to “Settings and Privacy” if you are in the mobile app.
- If you are on a computer, you just have to go to “Setting” and then to “Apps, websites and games.”
- In the drop-down menu that will open, select “Setting”.
- Later, look for the section of “Security” followed by “Apps and websites”.
- In the window shown below, in “Preferences” click on “Apps, websites and games”.
- In it you can see the applications that you have synchronized with the platform. In this case, you will proceed to select Spotify which is the one you want to deactivate.
- When you select it, a box appears confirming if you want to remove the link of the account, accept and go.
How to disconnect Spotify from Facebook if the account is premium?
If the account is Premium, the steps mentioned above should not appear, to close from the computer. This is because you created it using Facebook, therefore, They cannot be unlinked, otherwise you have to cancel the subscription you have. Once this is done you will be able to subscribe again without any problem to a new account. For this you just have to do the following:
- Login to your account “Premium “.
- Click on “Log out everywhere ” at the bottom of the screen.
- Ready you can create a new account.
Notably saved music and playlists will remain on your old account. Although if you want to recover all the information, send an email to the platform explaining that you want to leave the premium account, and they will transfer the information to you. Important, it will not be possible to have two accounts with the same email addressIf you do not close the account correctly, you will not be able to use the mail again.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉