Let’s start the article trying to explain what is Adobe Flash Player software and what is it used for. It is an application used to play some multimedia files, such as web pages or online games that use Flash technology. It has audio and video functions, and it is also used for the user to interact with the element that is being viewed.
A few years ago, the software called Flash was widely used by developers of web pages and games hosted on them, although it is true that today the use of this technology has given way to HTML5, is still being used, therefore, it is quite important always update Adobe Flash Player to its latest stable version. Also, you can do it fast and free so … why not?. This software is treated as a “plugin”, because they are added to browsers as programs that complement another that is incomplete.
On a more technical level, what Flash does is combine graphic vectors and images to create lightweight files, which work perfectly on a web. In addition, it acts as an interface between the Flash program and the operating system itself. Play video files using different types of operating systems and browsers.
Update Adobe Flash Player for Windows
Adobe Flash Player plays, in turn, animations and “Flash” games, and without a correct download and installation of this add-on in the browser, we could not view any of these animations or play games that are based on this technology, therefore Having the Adobe Flash Player plugin updated in its latest version is essential.
The main reason why this should be updated plugin in Windows It is due to the large security gaps that the programs of this operating system suffer today. In the case of Windows, updating Adobe Flash Player it is of vital importance on many occasions.
Below you can see the steps to follow to have the software in its latest update:
- The first thing to do is access the official page of Adobe Flash Player. Once you are inside it, you will be informed about whether or not you have the program disabled.
- A triptych opens where you have to look especially at the central page. By default, this sheet has an option to install an antivirus or some other program. This “Optional Offer“The best thing is to uncheck it, since it is very likely that you already have one installed on your computer. If you don’t, the program will download and it will take up memory on your computer, something we do not want.
- Now you must click on the button “Install Now“. The plugin download will begin automatically, we click on the downloaded file and the installation process will begin.
- Adobe will check your internet connection and ask for your permission to make changes to your computer. Choose the following option, “Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)“, in this way whenever there is a new version, Adobe will notify you so you can install it.
- We give “Next“and we wait until the installation progress bar reaches 100%.
- Once we have reached this point, we click on “End up“, it is recommended that we restart our computer to complete the installation … and ready! we already have the latest version of Flash Player for free.
Update Adobe Flash Player for Mac in Safari browser
You are likely to detect that your plugin version is out of date If your Safari browser (for Mac users) has warned you that there is a blocked plugin when trying to view Flash content. On Apple computers it is no exception, and therefore we must install the plugin to view the Flash files.
Here are the steps you should follow if you have a Mac computer and want to update the Adobe Flash Player application:
- If you are in the window where the notification that there is a blocked add-on appears, click on the notification and you will get a message warning that “Adobe Flash Player is out of date“.
- You must click on the button where it indicates “Download Flash“.
- This will force us to exit Safari, clicking on the apple and within the options that are displayed by clicking on “Exit Safari“.
- Then you must close all applications, folders and files unnecessary for the process to complete.
- The official Adobe website will open automatically. You can perform the update from the alert box where it appears “Download Flash“or from the Flash Player website itself.
- At that time, you must select the operating system that corresponds to your Mac and the new version of Flash that you want to have in your browser.
- Finally, you have to click on the button “download now“. Once downloaded we click on the file.
- An installer will open and an alert box will appear asking for permissions to be able to do the installation. You must enter your administrator username and password. This is asked because Adobe Flash Player is going to make changes to the computer.
- Now it will ask you to update your preferences. I recommend that you check the option “Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)“and click on”Next“.
- The process continues until the progress bar reaches 100%, when it finishes it will show us a message of “Correct update“. Restart your computer to complete the installation.
Update Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome
Google Chrome updates Adobe Flash Player automatically. Therefore, users of this browser should not download the new versions of the program that appear. It may be the case that don’t update at the same time for all Chrome users, But you have to be patient. This browser will always try to install the version of the program that best suits the version in which it is itself. Some developers and advanced users may do this installation forcibly, but at the average user level it is not worth it.
Anyway, if what we want is to look for new updates and install them manually, follow these simple steps:
- Open Google Chrome and in the address bar copy and paste the following: chrome: // components
- We will list all the add-ons that we have installed in Chrome, we look for Adobe Flash Player, and click on “Search for updates“.
We can find ourselves in 3 possible cases:
- State 1: Updated component – It means that the Flash plugin is fully updated to the latest version. It will indicate the version number at the top.
- State 2: No updates – It tells us that they do not exist at the moment available updates for the plugin.
- State 3: Component not updated – In this case, we can come to think that at the time of the automatic update a failure or error occurred in its installation.
Extra Tip: To search and find faster, press the Ctrl + f keys and in the search box that will appear in the upper right, write what you want to find, the strings of words found will be highlighted in yellow.
Update Adobe Flash Player for Android
Adobe does not have a Flash Player application that can be downloaded from Google Play. But we do offer you some alternatives to install it on your device and enjoy Flash content on Android. Flash Player is only covered up to version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. From the Flash Player version 11.1 there is no official version for Android phones. The most used browsers such as Chrome or Firefox have the display of Flash content disabled by default for safety.
In this case, you will have to install this application from an APK. To do this, follow these steps:
- First you must connect your device to the computer and from there download the APK. Try to do it from Adobe Flash Player official website or the link we provide (100% secure) to avoid errors that may arise in security matters.
- Once you have it downloaded, you must open the file you have downloaded from your smartphone.
- As in all cases that we want to install an APK, we must first enable the option “Run apps from unknown sources“.
- Depending on the version of Android that your device has, you will have to follow different steps. But the most common is that he asks you to accept their terms.
- It may be that at some point you will be asked for the user and password, because some versions need it to make changes to your system that allow subsequent security updates and bug fixes by Adobe Flash.
- The update will then finish without requesting any further modification from the user.
* Extra trick: You have to know that in order to view Flash content from your Android cell phone you can choose the previous option or simply have a browser compatible with this Flash content for mobiles.
A list of browsers that allow us these features are:
- Dolphin Browser
- Puffin Browser
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thank you! 😉