With the amount of information that moves through the networks every day or even every hour that passes, it is very important to have a security system on your computer to avoid any possible attack. We handle a lot of important data, information related to our identity, our professional work or even our personal life, and that makes us the perfect focus for those with really dangerous intentions.
Installing an antivirus has become one of the first steps that accompany the arrival of a new computer. Every time you mount or buy a new one, it is always recommended that, before starting to navigate, you set up the security system to avoid any type of attack. This is where suites like Avast come in, one of the most important companies in cybersecurity at a professional and domestic level.
Avast antivirus is considered one of the best today. It assumes very little load and hardly affects the performance of the computer; but at the same time it guarantees a powerful shielding and a continuous flow of updates to be always up to date against new viruses that appear, in addition to incorporating more and more functions that always advocate for user safety, without tarnishing their user experience.
Update Avast antivirus free step by step
Keeping up with this type of software is vital. So let’s explain how to update Avast antivirus to the latest version step by step in this simple guide. In addition, we will also explain what you should do if you want to be unconcerned and let new versions install automatically, without you having to be paying attention or looking for reviews. A perfect way for your computer to be fully insured and you can move around the internet without any fear of suffering any kind of problem due to viruses, Trojans, malware and others.
Having the antivirus always updated is a fundamental need to protect the security of a computer equipment. The amount of viruses that appear every day is so great that, delaying updates for a week can be devastating for the protection of your data, from your files or even from your computer.
You have the latest version of Avast antivirus it is something as simple as necessary. If you do not want to have problems due to malicious files or people who simply want to complicate things, you must follow this procedure step by step. Here, we are going to explain what you have to do to renew the version of this program in several different ways and without having to complicate you more than usual.
From the Avast Antivirus Security program
The program itself Avast Antivirus Security has an option to easily install the newest version. The user does not have to search for download links or anything similar, since everything is done through the menus included in the software, also arranged in such a way that it is quite easy to access.
These are the steps to follow to have the updated version of Avast from the program:
- Open the antivirus. Look for the Avast Antivirus icon on the desktop of your PC and double-click on it or find it in the taskbar, right-click on it and click on “Open Avast UI”.
- Once with the program open and in front of you, you must go to the upper right and click on the button “Options”, another window will open in which you must continue.
- Within this new screen, look for the section “Upgrade”. Click on it.
- Now, you will see several sections in front of you. To install the latest Avast update, you must go to the section “PROGRAM”And click on“To update”. Also, if you wish, you can update the virus database by doing the same in the “DEFINITIONS OF VIRUSES”.
From the Windows or Mac taskbar
The other way to upgrade Avast Antivirus is much more direct and faster.. Because the program has a access available on the taskbar, whether on Windows or even on Mac, the procedure can be done quickly through this option.
To update Avast from the Windows or Mac taskbar, you just have to follow the following few steps:
- Point the computer mouse to the taskbar, specifically on the right side (if the Avast icon does not appear, click on the arrow to show the hidden programs). Right click on the antivirus.
- In the drop-down menu that opens, look for the option “To update”. Leave the mouse on it and a submenu with two more options will be displayed.
- Click on “Program” for Avast to start downloading and installing its latest version. Remember that you can do the same to renew the virus database with the other option in this last step.
How to activate automatic updates of Avast antivirus?
Another way to always have the antivirus ready to work and renewed with all the new functions and additions that appear with each new version is activating the automatic update protocol. In this way, you can relax without having to wait to enter the program and perform any of the procedures explained in the previous section.
If you want to know how to enable automatic updates for Avast Antivirus, keep reading and follow the steps that we explain below:
- Run Avast antivirus. To do this, look for its icon on the desktop or go to the taskbar, click on it with the right button and left click on the option “Open Avast UI”.
- Once inside, look for the section “Options” and click on it to open a new menu.
- In it, go to the section “Upgrade”, As we have done in previous points of this guide, and go to the part titled as “PROGRAM”.
- There, instead of pressing the button to download news, lower the mouse a little and click on “Options”. A submenu with several parameters to choose from will be displayed.
- Now, you must choose how you want the updates to be made. You can decide that it is a completely automated process, activating “Automatic update”Or to be asked when there are new versions or when these have already been downloaded.
*Note: After you have done this and chosen any of the options, you will not have to go back into Avast to download updates. The process can be reversed and, instead of resorting to any of these options, check the “Manual update”To go back to the traditional method and disable it.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉