As time goes by, our computers fill up with a gigantic amount of software. It is common, especially since the internet became normal, try different programs and use them to carry out all kinds of tasks. With the large number of functions they carry out and the facilities they provide, they are already something that is used instinctively in a computer equipment. In fact, it is also normal that many become obsolete due to disuse and oblivion.
In return, when it touches carry out the updates of that wide amalgam of programs that you have, the process can be an absolute tedium. Fortunately, there are currently tools that allow you to do all this quite quickly and, above all, quite comfortable. You don’t have to go application by application carrying out its pertinent procedures to search for new versions. There are several utilities that do it all with just a couple of clicks, even native processes that reduce it to absurd levels.
How to update programs and applications automatically in Windows? It is something that depends on the operating system you have. On one side, Windows 10 and the 8.1 variants have a native system that takes care of it; while Windows 7 it requires outside help to do all this.
Automatically update all apps and programs in Windows
In this guide we are going to explain the steps you have to follow to automatically update all apps in Windows. All the details and menus to visit, explained step by step so that you do not get lost at any time and you can not worry about having to pay attention to look for more current versions of the ones you already have. If you want to know more about how to enable and disable automatic updates, click here.
Windows operating systems They have several parameters that, when modified, prepare all the updates of the installed programs automatically. The user does not have to worry about performing any procedure when looking for updates, since it is the OS itself that is responsible for searching the internet and, if there is something available, installing it.
Automatically updating all apps and programs in Windows is possible and even easy to establish. In the sections that we leave below, we will explain everything that needs to be done in each of the most recent versions of this Microsoft system. This is, in Windows 10, in Windows 8.1 / RT 8.1 and Windows 7.
For windows 10
The Microsoft Store It is the place to go to adjust the automatic updates of your programs and apps. Everything that has been downloaded and installed through it can be renewed without complications and without you having to interfere. To activate automatic update downloads in Windows 10, you have to follow these steps that we indicate:
- First of all, move your mouse to the start menu bar and click on the icon of the “Microsoft Store” , found in the homework part. If it is not, click on the button “Start” and, in the search bar, type “Microsoft Store”. Press the first result that appears on the screen.
- Now, with the list of available applications ahead, move the mouse to the top and click the ellipsis that appear next to your profile picture. Then click “Setting” , within the drop-down menu that just opened.
- The first section that appears now is exactly the one we are looking for. Look in “Update applications automatically” and, if it is deactivated, click on the indicator to activate it. Hereinafter, all applications will receive and install their updates automatically thanks to the microsoft store.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
The two versions of Windows 8.1, both for PC and smart devices, also have the Microsoft Store inside. Thanks to this, the automation of downloads It is a process that they perform natively, without the need for any additional tools. To activate them, You just have to follow the steps that we are going to indicate here:
- In the menu Start , just look for the icon of the microsoft store , or “Microsoft Store”And tap or click it.
- Now, within its main screen, slide your finger from the right side to the left in case of using a touch screen or lower the mouse to the right corner and raise it. In this way, a panel will appear in which you must click on “Setting” to be able to manipulate the settings.
- Within this new panel, look for the section “Application updates” and press it, either with your finger or by clicking with your mouse.
- The next and last step is to go to the section “Automatically update my applications” and click on “Yes” to activate this function. From now on, all the software on your device will automatically search for the new versions and install them whenever there is internet.
For Windows 7
Unlike the other later operating systems, Windows 7 does not have a digital store that allows to review all the available updates of the installed applications. In this case, you have to proceed with some third-party software for this.
There are solutions of all kinds available on the internet, both paid and free. Of all those that exist, the one of Patch My Pc. It is a tool completely free which can be downloaded and installed for later use. It is simple, fast and, above all, it is full of options. In addition, it can also be used in Windows 10 / 8.1 / RT 8.1. If you want to use it, we will tell you how:
- First, download and install the Patch My PC program, For this we provide you with the 100% secure download links above.
- Once it has been installed on your computer, you just have to open it. The first time I start, will do a general scan of all the programs out there and will notify you of those that need to be updated. You can request to review again by clicking on “Re-Scan Installed Apps“, Or install the new versions by pressing”Perform (number) Updates”.
- When you press the button, the Patch my PC will be in charge of searching and downloading any updates, besides installing them. You can configure it to be done completely silently or in the background, so you can use your computer normally in the meantime.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community, thank you! 😉