Update Discord to the latest version en español will help you obtain certain benefits that will keep your security within the platform safe. But this is not all, too you will have other advantages that we will explain below.
You will be able to read the steps you have to perform when you have a Windows and MacOS computer or a mobile with Android or iOS OS. This guide will help you save time and get the job done without making mistakes.
If you want to become a true expert in its use it will be necessary that you always have the latest version of Discord installed on your device.
What are the benefits of having the most up-to-date version of Discord?
As long as you keep any device updated in the latest version in Spanish of Discord, you will have the following benefits:
- The information of your private data will be protected. Platform engineers release security patches with each update, which are necessary to keep users’ personal information safe. If you do not renew the app on your device, any intruder will be able to decrypt access passwords and important information.
- Installed bots are likely within servers may not work or run slow, as they are programmed to interact with recent Discord programming codes.
- If you are one of the people who use emojis in your communications, You should bear in mind that some graphics will not be included if you do not have the latest version on your mobile or computer.
- Updates allow you to correct malfunctions of the platform. This means that if you do not have the latest version, you may experience an unexpected Discord closure at any time of its use.
- Public servants are updated according to the versions of the new patches released by the platform. If you do not have Discord up to date, it is likely that you cannot enter these groups or that their operation is not correct.
- The customization of the servers and channels will be limited if you do not update to the latest version of the platform.
- In some cases you may suffer from a lack of new features or tools which launches Discord in its latest version.
Learn step by step how to update Discord to the latest version on mobile and computer
To obtain the benefits that we mentioned before, it is important that update Discord to its latest version on mobile and computer. For this reason, we will show you below the step by step that you must do for each device with its respective operating system.
When you need to update Discord on your Android mobile, do this step by step:
- Open the Google store, Play Store.
- Go to the upper right corner from your screen and press on the your profile icon.
- The previous step will allow you to display a menu, in which you will have to choose the option My apps and games.
- A list will appear with all the applications you have installed, so you will have to go to the tab Upgrades.
- Choose Discord and press the button To update. If you have more than one application to which you have to download its new version, you can choose the tool Select all.
- After a few minutes the mobile app will update, so you have to wait and then open Discord.
If you want to update Discord manually from your iPhone or iPad, then you should take this guide into account:
- Sign in to App Store and scrolls the screen down.
- Then select the option Account.
- Click on Upgrades and wait for the menu to open.
- Seeks Discord and click on the button To update. As in Android, you can choose Update all if you have more than one application without its latest version.
In the computer
To keep Discord updated on your Windows or MacOS computer, you can do the following:
- When you open the app you’re going to have to go to the main screen.
- Then, you will have to go to the upper right corner. At this point it is useful to clarify that if the update is important a green down arrow, next to the inbox. On the other hand, if the version you must download does not produce great variations, you will have to go to the inbox, represented by a rectangle. This is because Discord will send you a message informing you that a new version is available.
- Click the link to download and wait for the download to take place automatically.
East it’s not the only path you can choose, since Discord offers the updates to its users automatically. To do this, it is necessary to exit the application and re-enter.
Therefore, the steps you must take are:
- Head to the left panel of the screen.
- Find a sprocket at the end of the column and click on User settings.
- Scroll the menu to the last, you will find the function Sign off, so you must click on it.
- What you are going to have to do now is go to the notification sector of the Taskbar -on Windows- or to the Dock, if you are on a Mac. right click on Discord and close the application.
- Once the above steps have been performed you will have to reopen Discord and you will automatically see a sign, before the application starts, warning you that new updates are being downloaded.
There is another way to update Discord on Windows, the step by step you will have to do is:
- If you have I activate the administrator permission you will have to press the keys at the same time Win Y R, this will allow you to open the function Run.
- Write in the tool you just activate text
- When unfold a new screen With all the folders available in the operating system, look for the one Discord and right click on it.
- Choose Erase or Get rid of.
- Perform the same steps, but in this case for the folder Discord folder.
- When you finish, reinstall Discord with its latest version from the official website.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, we will answer you as soon as possible, and it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks! 😉